– Fayemi noted that the state incumbent governor was responsible for his inability to pay workers’ salaries and pensioners benefits as and when due
– The state former governor, however, declared that Fayose will end up in jail
A former governor of Ekiti state Kayode Fayemi declared that Governor Ayodele Fayose will spend many years in jail after leaving office in October, describing Fayose as a pathological liar for claiming that he (Fayemi) left debt behind.
Vanguard reports that Fayemi noted that Fayose was responsible for his inability to pay workers’ salaries and pensioners benefits as and when due.
Fayemi said: ”I am in the race to win. I shall be campaigning on the strength of my past achievements as governor of the state and the achievements of the President Buhari-led APC government at the centre.
”Every time I move around, I see the suffering and penury our people are going through. I saw their pain and pangs of not knowing where the next meal will come from.
”It is even more painful when you realise that all the people-oriented programmes, designed and implemented by my administration and which helped to lift the people out of poverty and misery had been cancelled.
”The state is no longer moving forward just because a charlatan is in the saddle. Sad. “We will do everything that is required to win Ekiti back, they will accuse us of using federal might.
”Although power belongs to God and he gives it to whosoever he wishes. The PDP government in Ekiti, knows their time is up and that is why they are jittery and resorting to all manners of pranks.
”They are now dangling their white paper. Their white paper is nothing but a tissue paper. That is why we must tell the man who is shouting around that he has a White Paper, we have a red card for him and his party.
”We will ensure that he will end up in jail. Fayemi described Fayose as a “pathological liar” for claiming that the debt he (Fayemi) left behind was responsible for his (Fayose’s) inability to pay workers’ salaries and pensioners benefits as and when due.
”The ex-governor explained that he took a N25 billion bond from the Capital Market in December 2011 with which he executed capital projects adding that he had repaid N14.5 billion at the time he left office in October 2014.”
Dismissing the opposition’s claim that he hates workers and teachers, Fayemi stressed that workers enjoyed most during his administration when they enjoyed salary increase three times.
Apart from this, he said workers were sponsored to local and overseas seminars, teachers got Core Subjects Allowance, Rural Teachers Allowance and no worker was sacked.
Fayemi said: ”When I come before you, it is with profound need for the unfinished business, we need to complete what we started, reclaim our land and restore our land.
”Anywhere Ekiti people go, people subject us to questions that what is wrong with you Ekiti people? We thought you are educated, we thought you are exposed, how do you come up with a character like this as governor?. It is time to put a stop to that; it is not about title, it is about sacrifice and whatever it will take us to free Ekiti from these criminal and rapacious brigands, we will do it.”
Fayemi, however, regretted that he was betrayed by many of those he appointed to serve the state after losing his re-election bid in 2014.
He said: ”I have forgiven those that betrayed me just like I apologise to whoever I must have offended as a governor, because I am a human being and I can’t claim to be infallible.”
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that Fayemi declared that Fayose and his jokes will soon end in jail.
Fayemi responded to the issues raised against him by Fayose saying that the governor is cooking up a white paper that he can shop around with a view to getting him banned from public office.
He said: ”I am always unequivocal in my view about him as a misfit and a rabble-rouser who has not learnt anything from his previous travails after being thrown out of office in 2006.”
2019 Presidency: Fayose versus Buhari, who will you vote for? – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Customs intercepts one million bags of toxic rice
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Saraki wants to sabotage 2019 general elections, says Shehu
- 3 Ladies Found Dead In Abuja Hotel Room, Body Parts Removed (Graphic Photos)
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Kwankwaso Not Welcome In Kano - Governor Ganduje
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nursing Mother, Baby Drown As Lagos Officials Chase Residents
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 5 Ways To Know If You Are Dehydrated
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Politician Attacked By Thugs, Left With Broken Head (Photos)
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Wife Stabs Husband To Death Over 'Another Woman' In Delta
- Saraki Fires Back: Buhari Presidency Lacks Foresight, Too Slow
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation
- Defection: Tambuwal govt in disarray as oath taking scatters administration
- Nigerian top runner hails Lagos Media Marathon
- EFCC opens fresh probe of Saraki
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits