– Fayemi noted that the state incumbent governor was responsible for his inability to pay workers’ salaries and pensioners benefits as and when due
– The state former governor, however, declared that Fayose will end up in jail
A former governor of Ekiti state Kayode Fayemi declared that Governor Ayodele Fayose will spend many years in jail after leaving office in October, describing Fayose as a pathological liar for claiming that he (Fayemi) left debt behind.
Vanguard reports that Fayemi noted that Fayose was responsible for his inability to pay workers’ salaries and pensioners benefits as and when due.
Fayemi said: ”I am in the race to win. I shall be campaigning on the strength of my past achievements as governor of the state and the achievements of the President Buhari-led APC government at the centre.
”Every time I move around, I see the suffering and penury our people are going through. I saw their pain and pangs of not knowing where the next meal will come from.
”It is even more painful when you realise that all the people-oriented programmes, designed and implemented by my administration and which helped to lift the people out of poverty and misery had been cancelled.
”The state is no longer moving forward just because a charlatan is in the saddle. Sad. “We will do everything that is required to win Ekiti back, they will accuse us of using federal might.
”Although power belongs to God and he gives it to whosoever he wishes. The PDP government in Ekiti, knows their time is up and that is why they are jittery and resorting to all manners of pranks.
”They are now dangling their white paper. Their white paper is nothing but a tissue paper. That is why we must tell the man who is shouting around that he has a White Paper, we have a red card for him and his party.
”We will ensure that he will end up in jail. Fayemi described Fayose as a “pathological liar” for claiming that the debt he (Fayemi) left behind was responsible for his (Fayose’s) inability to pay workers’ salaries and pensioners benefits as and when due.
”The ex-governor explained that he took a N25 billion bond from the Capital Market in December 2011 with which he executed capital projects adding that he had repaid N14.5 billion at the time he left office in October 2014.”
Dismissing the opposition’s claim that he hates workers and teachers, Fayemi stressed that workers enjoyed most during his administration when they enjoyed salary increase three times.
Apart from this, he said workers were sponsored to local and overseas seminars, teachers got Core Subjects Allowance, Rural Teachers Allowance and no worker was sacked.
Fayemi said: ”When I come before you, it is with profound need for the unfinished business, we need to complete what we started, reclaim our land and restore our land.
”Anywhere Ekiti people go, people subject us to questions that what is wrong with you Ekiti people? We thought you are educated, we thought you are exposed, how do you come up with a character like this as governor?. It is time to put a stop to that; it is not about title, it is about sacrifice and whatever it will take us to free Ekiti from these criminal and rapacious brigands, we will do it.”
Fayemi, however, regretted that he was betrayed by many of those he appointed to serve the state after losing his re-election bid in 2014.
He said: ”I have forgiven those that betrayed me just like I apologise to whoever I must have offended as a governor, because I am a human being and I can’t claim to be infallible.”
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that Fayemi declared that Fayose and his jokes will soon end in jail.
Fayemi responded to the issues raised against him by Fayose saying that the governor is cooking up a white paper that he can shop around with a view to getting him banned from public office.
He said: ”I am always unequivocal in my view about him as a misfit and a rabble-rouser who has not learnt anything from his previous travails after being thrown out of office in 2006.”
2019 Presidency: Fayose versus Buhari, who will you vote for? – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Tsitsipas knocks out Federer
- 25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Amina Zakari, Osinbajo
- Mourinho Has turned down three job offers already
- Manny Pacquiao sets up Mayweather rematch
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari: Nigeria Is Back To Abacha Era
- Man dies days after setting himself ablaze because of runaway wife
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out
- APC suspends Rochas Okorocha
- Arewa people are also Lagosians, deserve recognition – Balarabe
- Stakeholders rally support for Makinde,gives testimonies of quality representation
- NAPTIP goes after 20,0000 Nigerians girls trafficked to Mali
- Bank PHB: Atiku replies Buhari, APC
- 'Yahoo Boys' Busted... N300m Mansion, $49k Seized From Them
- Why Atiku Travelled To US - Peter Obi
- Woman Stabs Female Neighbour To Death In Lagos
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Young Soldiers On Their Way To Maiduguri To Fight Boko Haram
- Fayose Reacts To Atiku's Trip To America, Hits Buhari
- Family Of LASTMA Officer Who Was Murdered On Duty Get N10m Compensation