– The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling party was said to have considered increasing the fees for its gubernatorial expression of interest and nomination forms
– The party is currently preparing for the Osun and Ekiti states gubernatorial elections
A report by New Telegraph indicates that the NWC of the APC would have reviewed the cost of its expression of interest and nomination forms upward but for the fear of President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to a source quoted in the report, the NWC members felt with the number of Ekiti state governorship aspirants on the platform of the party, it was proper to jack up the cost of the party’s nomination and expression of interest forms to reduce the number of aspirants.
APC national vice chairman, Chief Segun Oni, is one of the main contenders for the party’s ticket in Ekiti state. Photo source: Twitter
NAIJ.com gathered that about 37 aspirants from Ekiti state had collected the APC governorship forms for the party’s guber ticket.
The nomination and expression of interest forms were put at N5.5 million with the nomination form costing N5 million, while the expression of interest cost N500,000.
With this cost, the party had made N198 million for the sale of the forms. The only female aspirant obtained her form free of charge, which was according to the party’s constitution.
The source revealed that the NWC members were willing to review the cost of the governorship nomination forms in other to raise more money for the party. The NWC had always decried low funding of the party by members.
The template on how the party should generate income for its funding through an automatic collection of N100 from the members’ telephone network had not been implemented.
According to the APC national treasurer, Muhammadu Gwagwawar, the party was still negotiating the terms with the network providers.
The source, however, revealed that the party mighty review the cost of its nomination and expression of interest forms for the 2019 general elections.
In 2014, the cost for the APC nomination and expression of interest forms for its presidential ticket was N27.5 million and the governorship ticket was N5.5 million.
Meanwhile, Senator Biodun Olujimi on Friday, April 13, formally announced her intention to seek the nomination of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the governorship election in Ekiti state.
Olujimi, the Deputy Minority Whip in the 8th Senate, and the only female Principal Officer in the 8th National Assembly is a former deputy governor of the state.
PDP women lament on the state of the nation: We are suffering on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Four SARS Officers Arrested For Kidnapping & Extorting N7Million From Bishop
- PDP Chairman Shot Dead In Lagos (Photo)
- Photos From Olu Jacobs Son's White Wedding
- UNILAG Female Student Declared Missing
- Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids & 5 Relatives In Boat Accident
- Drunk Man Ordered For 11 Plates Of Food Mistakenly
- “I Am Guilty As Charged" - Lagos Fake Medical Doctor Confesses
- APC Chairman Oshiomhole Visits R-APC Chairman At Night
- Popular Croatian President Painting Her Own House (Photos)
- LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Buys Daughter 2018 Range Rover
- Open letter to governor Godwin Obaseki
- Minister Escapes Death In Fatal Accident, Driver Burnt
- Rainy Season: Top 7 Tips On Staying Safe During A Flood
- "We Don't Want To Lose Saraki, Dogara, Others" - APC ready to meet their demands
- PDP chairman rates Atiku candidacy in opposition party
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Wins Osun PDP Governorship Ticket
- Dino Melaye Cries Out: "They Want To Kill Me"
- PDP Engages Top SAN To Lead Battle Against APC's Fayemi
- Good Man Drowns After Rescuing Pregnant Woman
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Upsetting R-APC Defection Plan?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports
- Woman Sets House On Fire Because She Was Not Invited To A Party
- This New Pocket-sized Drone Takes Selfie To A New Level
- Story of Nigerian Billionaire Who Owns 5 Airports In The UK
- Midnight Fire Razes Hundreds Of Shops In Jos Main Market
- Saraki Rejects Buhari's Plea? Summons Loyalist On Defection
- Nursing Mother and Her Kids Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone
- Gowon stirs Buhari anger as he suspects unwillingness of FG, Nigerian Army, other security agencies to curb killer herdsmen, Miyetti Allah
- Lagos gets FIBA nod as 2019 World Cup qualifiers host
- Enyimba’s July return to Aba shifted
- DIAMOND GOLDEN: Okagbare Manages 8 out of 8 spots
- NFF Dispute: In search of honour for our Otunba and Distinguished Senator
- Ronaldo ‘accepts’ two-year suspended prison sentence
- FF President appoints Obasi,Martins PS ,senior communication officer
- Buhari orders Dalung to resolve NFF crisis or resign
- I didn’t sign any petition against Warri Wolves —Etebo
- Dalung convoy involved in accident in Gombe
- 19-year-old man stabs 18-year-old girlfriend to death in Edo