– The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling party was said to have considered increasing the fees for its gubernatorial expression of interest and nomination forms
– The party is currently preparing for the Osun and Ekiti states gubernatorial elections
A report by New Telegraph indicates that the NWC of the APC would have reviewed the cost of its expression of interest and nomination forms upward but for the fear of President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to a source quoted in the report, the NWC members felt with the number of Ekiti state governorship aspirants on the platform of the party, it was proper to jack up the cost of the party’s nomination and expression of interest forms to reduce the number of aspirants.
APC national vice chairman, Chief Segun Oni, is one of the main contenders for the party’s ticket in Ekiti state. Photo source: Twitter
NAIJ.com gathered that about 37 aspirants from Ekiti state had collected the APC governorship forms for the party’s guber ticket.
The nomination and expression of interest forms were put at N5.5 million with the nomination form costing N5 million, while the expression of interest cost N500,000.
With this cost, the party had made N198 million for the sale of the forms. The only female aspirant obtained her form free of charge, which was according to the party’s constitution.
The source revealed that the NWC members were willing to review the cost of the governorship nomination forms in other to raise more money for the party. The NWC had always decried low funding of the party by members.
The template on how the party should generate income for its funding through an automatic collection of N100 from the members’ telephone network had not been implemented.
According to the APC national treasurer, Muhammadu Gwagwawar, the party was still negotiating the terms with the network providers.
The source, however, revealed that the party mighty review the cost of its nomination and expression of interest forms for the 2019 general elections.
In 2014, the cost for the APC nomination and expression of interest forms for its presidential ticket was N27.5 million and the governorship ticket was N5.5 million.
Meanwhile, Senator Biodun Olujimi on Friday, April 13, formally announced her intention to seek the nomination of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the governorship election in Ekiti state.
Olujimi, the Deputy Minority Whip in the 8th Senate, and the only female Principal Officer in the 8th National Assembly is a former deputy governor of the state.
PDP women lament on the state of the nation: We are suffering on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NLO will use Division 3 Playoff to correct past errors – Ogunnowo
- NBBF to refresh referees
- What Ighalo decided before Libya match
- Juve kicked me out to sign CR7— Higuain
- Wembley Stadium up for grabs
- This, among others can cause bed-wetting in adults
- Lawmakers tackles Ambode over Cleaner Lagos Initiative
- Financial infractions: NHIS Board suspends Yusuf indefinitely
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on steady decline
- Man Utd won’t win title with Lukaku
- Chelsea determined not to let Hazard join Real
- Akpabio tackles Saraki
- Police, robbers in gun battle, 2 dead
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash