– The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling party was said to have considered increasing the fees for its gubernatorial expression of interest and nomination forms
– The party is currently preparing for the Osun and Ekiti states gubernatorial elections
A report by New Telegraph indicates that the NWC of the APC would have reviewed the cost of its expression of interest and nomination forms upward but for the fear of President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to a source quoted in the report, the NWC members felt with the number of Ekiti state governorship aspirants on the platform of the party, it was proper to jack up the cost of the party’s nomination and expression of interest forms to reduce the number of aspirants.
APC national vice chairman, Chief Segun Oni, is one of the main contenders for the party’s ticket in Ekiti state. Photo source: Twitter
NAIJ.com gathered that about 37 aspirants from Ekiti state had collected the APC governorship forms for the party’s guber ticket.
The nomination and expression of interest forms were put at N5.5 million with the nomination form costing N5 million, while the expression of interest cost N500,000.
With this cost, the party had made N198 million for the sale of the forms. The only female aspirant obtained her form free of charge, which was according to the party’s constitution.
The source revealed that the NWC members were willing to review the cost of the governorship nomination forms in other to raise more money for the party. The NWC had always decried low funding of the party by members.
The template on how the party should generate income for its funding through an automatic collection of N100 from the members’ telephone network had not been implemented.
According to the APC national treasurer, Muhammadu Gwagwawar, the party was still negotiating the terms with the network providers.
The source, however, revealed that the party mighty review the cost of its nomination and expression of interest forms for the 2019 general elections.
In 2014, the cost for the APC nomination and expression of interest forms for its presidential ticket was N27.5 million and the governorship ticket was N5.5 million.
Meanwhile, Senator Biodun Olujimi on Friday, April 13, formally announced her intention to seek the nomination of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the governorship election in Ekiti state.
Olujimi, the Deputy Minority Whip in the 8th Senate, and the only female Principal Officer in the 8th National Assembly is a former deputy governor of the state.
PDP women lament on the state of the nation: We are suffering on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Two Sisters Caught Trying To Smuggle Tramadol, Igbo Into Prison In Abuja
- APC Leaders Will Be Thrown Into Hell If Their Records Are Checked - Obasanjo
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police