– The National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling party was said to have considered increasing the fees for its gubernatorial expression of interest and nomination forms
– The party is currently preparing for the Osun and Ekiti states gubernatorial elections
A report by New Telegraph indicates that the NWC of the APC would have reviewed the cost of its expression of interest and nomination forms upward but for the fear of President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to a source quoted in the report, the NWC members felt with the number of Ekiti state governorship aspirants on the platform of the party, it was proper to jack up the cost of the party’s nomination and expression of interest forms to reduce the number of aspirants.
APC national vice chairman, Chief Segun Oni, is one of the main contenders for the party’s ticket in Ekiti state. Photo source: Twitter
NAIJ.com gathered that about 37 aspirants from Ekiti state had collected the APC governorship forms for the party’s guber ticket.
The nomination and expression of interest forms were put at N5.5 million with the nomination form costing N5 million, while the expression of interest cost N500,000.
With this cost, the party had made N198 million for the sale of the forms. The only female aspirant obtained her form free of charge, which was according to the party’s constitution.
The source revealed that the NWC members were willing to review the cost of the governorship nomination forms in other to raise more money for the party. The NWC had always decried low funding of the party by members.
The template on how the party should generate income for its funding through an automatic collection of N100 from the members’ telephone network had not been implemented.
According to the APC national treasurer, Muhammadu Gwagwawar, the party was still negotiating the terms with the network providers.
The source, however, revealed that the party mighty review the cost of its nomination and expression of interest forms for the 2019 general elections.
In 2014, the cost for the APC nomination and expression of interest forms for its presidential ticket was N27.5 million and the governorship ticket was N5.5 million.
Meanwhile, Senator Biodun Olujimi on Friday, April 13, formally announced her intention to seek the nomination of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the governorship election in Ekiti state.
Olujimi, the Deputy Minority Whip in the 8th Senate, and the only female Principal Officer in the 8th National Assembly is a former deputy governor of the state.
PDP women lament on the state of the nation: We are suffering on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Chimamanda says Nigerians are mentally lazy
- 24 APC gives endorse Buhari for 2019
- Court sends Katsina’s ex-gov. to EFCC custody
- What Osinbajo said about security challenges while speaking at Deeeper Life new auditorium ceremony
- Trade war with US could dampens China’s economic growth – Experts
- Lawmakers fail again to pass 2018 budget
- Buhari Reacts To Headsmen Killing Of Worshippers, Pastors
- Couple Found Dead In Their Apartment In Lagos
- Top Drug Baron & Robbery Gang Leader Nabbed By SARS
- Plenty Tax Money: FIRS generates N1.17tn in just 3 months
- Foods That Can Help You Look Younger
- Dino Melaye Jumps Out Of Police Van, Move To Abuja Hospital In Ambulance (Photos)
- Buhari backs Oshiomhole against Oyegun as APC Chairman?
- Heartless Gunmen Kill 2 Priests, 14 Worshippers In Benue
- Presidency, Senate Face-Off Deepens Over Stolen Mace
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Junior Customs officers allege bias in promotion exercise
- Chinese vessels most culpable violators of Nigeria’s Waters – Navy
- Group tells Peterside to focus on MAN
- CCT sits in Bauchi; tries 55 politicians
- Police insist on taking Melaye to Kogi for trial
- Israel awards late Awolowo Certificate of Excellence
- Lagos APC: We need fresh hands, Tinubu charge party exco
- Researchers identify new form of DNA in living cells
- Naira appreciates against Dollar at parallel market
- Prioritize Africa’s youth and leapfrog traditional development paths – Tony Elumelu
- $496m controversy: Lawmakers call for Buhari’s head
- World’s first person-less bank run by humanoids opens
- Nigeria’s tiers of government share N647.39 in March
- Buhari condemns killing of priests, worshippers in Benue Church
- Lagos IGR hits N103.4bn in first quarter of 2018
- Police explain why Dino Melaye was arrested for interrogation
- Massive corruption evident under Buhari, says US report
- Melaye jumps out of police van, lands in hospital
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers