– A set of angry youths has taken over the palace of Agbado-Ekiti, Ekiti state
– The youths are reportedly kicking against the alleged imposition of a regent
Irate youths of Agbado-Ekiti, Gbonyin local government of Ekiti state, yesterday, April 15, stormed the town’s palace to evict the regent, Bolaji Okunbobade, whom they claimed was imposed on them by the kingmakers.
Vanguard reports that Okunbobade was selected by the kingmakers to take over the throne vacated by her late father, the Owa Oro of Agbado, Oba Okunbobade
However, the irate youths, who barricaded the Ado-Ikare Road for several hours, accused one of the kingmakers, Chief Kayode Adeyeye, of unilaterally choosing Bolaji as Regent.
They alleged that due process was not followed and all “critical stakeholders” were not carried along in the choice of Bolaji whom they described as “illegal regent.”
The community has been thrown into crisis following the alleged taking over of traditional artifacts, shrines, and duties of sacrifices by four kingmakers. The regent and her aides have also been chased out of the palace.
The youths have also called out to Governor Ayodele Fayose to interfere in the crisis.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that some traditional worshippers have prevented the demolition of shrines in Ekiti state on Friday, April 6.
The worshippers had engaged a team of the Ekiti state demolition experts in an argument in Ado-Ekiti.
The exercise took a dramatic turn when budldozers returned in Ado-Ekiti for the demolition of structures close to the two shrines, two sacred trees and other structures directly adjacent the palace of Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adeyemo.
Robbers return firearms to Nigerian Police on Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Osinbajo eulogizes Nigerian youths for great strides
- Lagos signs MoU to collate data of persons living with disabilities
- Court remands Buhari’s nominee in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- Shun purchase of pre-registered SIMs to avoid scammers, NCC warns
- Sterling Bank deepens investment culture, launches new mobile app
- AMBON set for official unveiling
- Access Bank increases ATM withdrawal limit abroad
- Mixed reaction trails Police recovery of stolen mace
- PDP in emergency meeting, may change name today
- Hotel owner, others arraigned in court over Offa bank robbery
- Saraki lauds colleagues, Reps for upholding democracy
- Appeal Court freezes Fayose’s accounts
- Reps back Adeosun over Gwarzo’s suspension
- Tension as military, police take over NASS
- Justice Abang speaks on Metuh’s sick-bed prank
- OC SARS commits suicide in Ogun
- Mace theft: Senate summons IGP, DG of SSS
- Police promotes Magu, 2 others
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy
- When will our words match our actions
- Respect local content act on your Egina FPSO, IYC warns Total
- Retired SARS Boss Shoots Self Dead In His House
- S*x-For-Mark: OAU Lecturer Gets Indefinite Suspension
- Falana Reacts To Senator Omo-Agege Saga: "No Legislative House Can Suspend Member"
- Buhari’s nominee remanded in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- I'm Happy, My Twins Are Okay; says Otun Olubadan
- APC In Fresh Crisis Over Tenure Extension
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- See The Things To Consider Before Mounting Your Flat screen TV
- How Thugs Invaded Senate, Took Away Mace (DETAILS)
- Here's Senate Official Reaction To The Invasion & Stealing Of Mace
- I Can't Be Arrested, I Did Not Remove The Mace - Senator Omo-Agege
- Accident In Lagos As Truck Falls Off Berger Bridge, Lands On Two Cars
- Nigerian youth will find most uncomplimentary what Buhari says about them at Commonwealth Business Forum
- 55 Nigerians ‘stole N1, 354tr between 2006 and 2013’ — SERAP
- INEC reveals 7.9m PVCs yet to be collected
- FG orders probe of National Assembly invasion
- El Clasico transfer swap deal