– A set of angry youths has taken over the palace of Agbado-Ekiti, Ekiti state
– The youths are reportedly kicking against the alleged imposition of a regent
Irate youths of Agbado-Ekiti, Gbonyin local government of Ekiti state, yesterday, April 15, stormed the town’s palace to evict the regent, Bolaji Okunbobade, whom they claimed was imposed on them by the kingmakers.
Vanguard reports that Okunbobade was selected by the kingmakers to take over the throne vacated by her late father, the Owa Oro of Agbado, Oba Okunbobade
However, the irate youths, who barricaded the Ado-Ikare Road for several hours, accused one of the kingmakers, Chief Kayode Adeyeye, of unilaterally choosing Bolaji as Regent.
They alleged that due process was not followed and all “critical stakeholders” were not carried along in the choice of Bolaji whom they described as “illegal regent.”
The community has been thrown into crisis following the alleged taking over of traditional artifacts, shrines, and duties of sacrifices by four kingmakers. The regent and her aides have also been chased out of the palace.
The youths have also called out to Governor Ayodele Fayose to interfere in the crisis.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that some traditional worshippers have prevented the demolition of shrines in Ekiti state on Friday, April 6.
The worshippers had engaged a team of the Ekiti state demolition experts in an argument in Ado-Ekiti.
The exercise took a dramatic turn when budldozers returned in Ado-Ekiti for the demolition of structures close to the two shrines, two sacred trees and other structures directly adjacent the palace of Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adeyemo.
Robbers return firearms to Nigerian Police on Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Two Sisters Caught Trying To Smuggle Tramadol, Igbo Into Prison In Abuja
- APC Leaders Will Be Thrown Into Hell If Their Records Are Checked - Obasanjo
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police