– A set of angry youths has taken over the palace of Agbado-Ekiti, Ekiti state
– The youths are reportedly kicking against the alleged imposition of a regent
Irate youths of Agbado-Ekiti, Gbonyin local government of Ekiti state, yesterday, April 15, stormed the town’s palace to evict the regent, Bolaji Okunbobade, whom they claimed was imposed on them by the kingmakers.
Vanguard reports that Okunbobade was selected by the kingmakers to take over the throne vacated by her late father, the Owa Oro of Agbado, Oba Okunbobade
However, the irate youths, who barricaded the Ado-Ikare Road for several hours, accused one of the kingmakers, Chief Kayode Adeyeye, of unilaterally choosing Bolaji as Regent.
They alleged that due process was not followed and all “critical stakeholders” were not carried along in the choice of Bolaji whom they described as “illegal regent.”
The community has been thrown into crisis following the alleged taking over of traditional artifacts, shrines, and duties of sacrifices by four kingmakers. The regent and her aides have also been chased out of the palace.
The youths have also called out to Governor Ayodele Fayose to interfere in the crisis.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that some traditional worshippers have prevented the demolition of shrines in Ekiti state on Friday, April 6.
The worshippers had engaged a team of the Ekiti state demolition experts in an argument in Ado-Ekiti.
The exercise took a dramatic turn when budldozers returned in Ado-Ekiti for the demolition of structures close to the two shrines, two sacred trees and other structures directly adjacent the palace of Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adeyemo.
Robbers return firearms to Nigerian Police on Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash
- Secret of Ighalo’s goal scoring form
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Atiku Commiserates With Abia Pipeline Explosion Victims, Donates N10million
- Assassination? Innoson Chairman Lawyer Shot 3 Times (Pics)
- Akpabio Warns Saraki: Resign Now Or We Force You Out
- EFCC To Detain Fayose For 2 More Weeks... he's suing them
- Presidency Threatens Labour: Henceforth, No Work, No Pay If You Go On Strike
- APC Headquarters Sets For Showdown With INEC Today
- Notorious Ritual Agents Who Dig Out Corpses Nabbed
- "I No Gree"; Gov Amosun Rejects Abiodun As APC Candidate
- Ohanaeze Endorses Peter Obi As Atiku's VP
- Fayose – 1, EFCC – 0: The Saga Continues
- Bribe Video: Ganduje's Commissioner Defends Him, Says They Do It In Abuja and Other States
- Mama Taraba Strips APC Office, Retrieves Items She Donated
- Fayemi Lacks Integrity To Say The Truth – Fayose
- Illicit bank charges: senate takes action
- Ekiti: Fayemi abolishes levy, declares free education
- Rohr speaks on Super Eagles performance
- ” I will blame Rohr for Uzoho’s blunders”
- ‘ Even Messi would struggle at Man Utd ‘
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby invites Oshoala, Oparanozie, Nnadozie, 45 others to camp
- Mama Taraba busts APC office, recovers all she bought for party
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court