Hindi Livinus, Yola
The senator representing Adamawa North Senatorial District in the Senate, Mrs. Binta Masi Garba, on Sunday narrated how all that she had were set ablaze by her biological father after she gave her life to Jesus Christ.
She spoke during a thanksgiving service organised to mark her 50th birthday at the Chapel of Praise International Church, Yola on Sunday.
Binta, who broke down in tears during the service, said God made it possible for her to become a cornerstone after the deprivation and rejection she suffered after accepting Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour.
She said, “I gave my life to Christ when I was in primary school. My father was infuriated and he burnt everything I had because of my decision to follow Christ. I suffered so much because of the name of Jesus. I would have been nothing if not for His grace. The rejected child, because of my faith, has become a cornerstone. I give glory to His name.”
In his remark, the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, called for prayers for leaders, particularly Christians holding various positions in the highest level of government in the country.
He specifically called for prayers for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita and other Christian appointees in the administration of President Muhammed Buhari so that they could make the desired impact in government.
Osinbanjo said he believed that President Muhammadu Buhari had appointed some of the finest Christians in his government in order to bring change.
He however said that though himself, Mustapha and Winifred among a few others are very good Christians, he urged Christians to support them with prayers.
He said, “The truth of the matter is that in the government of today, we have some of the most erudite Christians, some of the best Christians occupying positions in government. Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, who is a pastor; the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita and of course I, the Vice-President are all Christians.
“But it is not enough to have Christians in government like myself. It is never enough. If you look through the scriptures whether it was Joseph, Daniel or Esther, every person who made an impact in governance in the scripture that we see was supported by the prayers of the people of God.
“God is not moved unless we move His hands in the place of prayers. We are in a period in history when God wants to do something that is why some of us are in government. The opportunity must not be lost, your prayers to God will make that difference.”
The colourful church thanksgiving service was attended by the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, Boss Mustapha, Senator Nelson Effiong, who represented the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, and the Founder, Chapel of Praise Church International, Archbishop Fred Addo.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
FOREX, BITCOIN and BINARY TRADING EXPERT:
We guarantee 37% Bi-weekly profit by professionally trading your forex, cryptocurrency,binary accounts for you.WhatsApp:+2348030797998.
click here for details.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash
- Secret of Ighalo’s goal scoring form
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Atiku Commiserates With Abia Pipeline Explosion Victims, Donates N10million
- Assassination? Innoson Chairman Lawyer Shot 3 Times (Pics)
- Akpabio Warns Saraki: Resign Now Or We Force You Out
- EFCC To Detain Fayose For 2 More Weeks... he's suing them
- Presidency Threatens Labour: Henceforth, No Work, No Pay If You Go On Strike
- APC Headquarters Sets For Showdown With INEC Today
- Notorious Ritual Agents Who Dig Out Corpses Nabbed
- "I No Gree"; Gov Amosun Rejects Abiodun As APC Candidate
- Ohanaeze Endorses Peter Obi As Atiku's VP
- Fayose – 1, EFCC – 0: The Saga Continues
- Bribe Video: Ganduje's Commissioner Defends Him, Says They Do It In Abuja and Other States
- Mama Taraba Strips APC Office, Retrieves Items She Donated
- Fayemi Lacks Integrity To Say The Truth – Fayose
- Illicit bank charges: senate takes action
- Ekiti: Fayemi abolishes levy, declares free education
- Rohr speaks on Super Eagles performance
- ” I will blame Rohr for Uzoho’s blunders”
- ‘ Even Messi would struggle at Man Utd ‘
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby invites Oshoala, Oparanozie, Nnadozie, 45 others to camp
- Mama Taraba busts APC office, recovers all she bought for party
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court