Shareholders of Oando Plc have asked President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately sack the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, for what they describe as “her unwholesome interference” in the nation’s capital market.
The National President of Trusted Shareholders Association of Nigeria, Alhaji Mukhtar Mukhtar; the National Coordinator, Proactive Shareholders Association, Mr. Taiwo Oderinde, and the Coordinator, Oando Shareholders Solidarity Group, in a joint statement on Sunday, accused the minister of trying to shield Oando from being probed by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Oderinde alleged that the forensic audit of Oando had been stalled due to the “unwholesome interference by Mrs. Kemi Adeosun to the detriment of Oando shareholders and the entire Nigerian capital market.”
According to the statement, SEC’s preliminary investigation, as disclosed by the commission in a letter dated October 17, 2017 and signed by its Head of Legal unit, Braimoh Anastasia, unearthed several malpractices in the company.
It said, “These (infractions) include insider trading, decoration of dividends from unrealised profits, release of false financial statements to the public and the disposal of assets without the knowledge of the regulatory body in contravention of the Investment and Securities Act 2007.”
Oderinde noted that the findings compelled the suspension of Oando shares on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange to pave the way for a more thorough investigation via a forensic audit ordered by SEC.
The statement said, “It must concern Mr. President, Mr. Vice President and all Nigerians that Mrs. Adeosun has now removed two SEC DGs from their positions all in a desperate attempt to shield Wale Tinubu and the present management of Oando from probe. These men have been sacked from their positions because they refused to stop the probe of Oando.
“Zubair was sacked because he initially resisted Adeosun’s attempt to forcefully remove the suspension placed on the shares of Oando to preserve investors’ funds. Unfortunately, she had her way and the lifting of the suspension is part of a grand plan to sweep the weighty allegations against Oando under the carpet.”
The shareholders described the development as a negation of the anti-corruption stance of the present administration and a systematic destruction of the Nigerian capital market.
They said, “The show of shame exhibited last week where the Nigerian Stock Exchange was made to implement three different directives with regard to the suspension of Oando shares within 24 hours should worry the Federal Government and well-meaning Nigerians. It sent very bad and negative signals to investors all over the world. The attendant negative impact of Adeosun’s meddlesomeness to protect some entrenched interests will haunt the market for a long time to come.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
FOREX, BITCOIN and BINARY TRADING EXPERT:
We guarantee 37% Bi-weekly profit by professionally trading your forex, cryptocurrency,binary accounts for you.WhatsApp:+2348030797998.
click here for details.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash
- Secret of Ighalo’s goal scoring form
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Atiku Commiserates With Abia Pipeline Explosion Victims, Donates N10million
- Assassination? Innoson Chairman Lawyer Shot 3 Times (Pics)
- Akpabio Warns Saraki: Resign Now Or We Force You Out
- EFCC To Detain Fayose For 2 More Weeks... he's suing them
- Presidency Threatens Labour: Henceforth, No Work, No Pay If You Go On Strike
- APC Headquarters Sets For Showdown With INEC Today
- Notorious Ritual Agents Who Dig Out Corpses Nabbed
- "I No Gree"; Gov Amosun Rejects Abiodun As APC Candidate
- Ohanaeze Endorses Peter Obi As Atiku's VP
- Fayose – 1, EFCC – 0: The Saga Continues
- Bribe Video: Ganduje's Commissioner Defends Him, Says They Do It In Abuja and Other States
- Mama Taraba Strips APC Office, Retrieves Items She Donated
- Fayemi Lacks Integrity To Say The Truth – Fayose
- Illicit bank charges: senate takes action
- Ekiti: Fayemi abolishes levy, declares free education
- Rohr speaks on Super Eagles performance
- ” I will blame Rohr for Uzoho’s blunders”
- ‘ Even Messi would struggle at Man Utd ‘
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby invites Oshoala, Oparanozie, Nnadozie, 45 others to camp
- Mama Taraba busts APC office, recovers all she bought for party
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court