Simon Utebor, Yenagoa
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State has said that it is only the Almighty God that will determine the next governor of the state in 2020.
Dickson said that God would raise a leader with a heart for the people to pilot the affairs of the state and to build on the legacy of development established by his administration.
A statement by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media Relations, Mr. Fidelis Soriwei, quoted the governor to have made the statement on Sunday at the St. Andrews Anglican (Ijaw) Church, Apapa, Lagos.
The governor stressed that all Bayelsans and indeed Ijaw people would support such a leader in the task of ensuring continuity in the development of the state after the expiration of his tenure in 2020.
He added that all revenues received by the state must be judiciously utilised to carry out projects that would benefit the people of the state.
He said, “The Niger Delta is a difficult terrain; people have said it is a muddy place but that is where God chose to put the oil.
“We are battling to build hospitals in that terrain; we are battling to build very good public schools, health facilities which are the best among public facilities in this country.
“We are building roads and constructing bridges to Ekeremor and other parts of the state. You must join us to enlighten our people because every money going into Bayelsa must be utilised for the general good of the state.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
FOREX, BITCOIN and BINARY TRADING EXPERT:
We guarantee 37% Bi-weekly profit by professionally trading your forex, cryptocurrency,binary accounts for you.WhatsApp:+2348030797998.
click here for details.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Chimamanda says Nigerians are mentally lazy
- 24 APC gives endorse Buhari for 2019
- Court sends Katsina’s ex-gov. to EFCC custody
- What Osinbajo said about security challenges while speaking at Deeeper Life new auditorium ceremony
- Trade war with US could dampens China’s economic growth – Experts
- Lawmakers fail again to pass 2018 budget
- Buhari Reacts To Headsmen Killing Of Worshippers, Pastors
- Couple Found Dead In Their Apartment In Lagos
- Top Drug Baron & Robbery Gang Leader Nabbed By SARS
- Plenty Tax Money: FIRS generates N1.17tn in just 3 months
- Foods That Can Help You Look Younger
- Dino Melaye Jumps Out Of Police Van, Move To Abuja Hospital In Ambulance (Photos)
- Buhari backs Oshiomhole against Oyegun as APC Chairman?
- Heartless Gunmen Kill 2 Priests, 14 Worshippers In Benue
- Presidency, Senate Face-Off Deepens Over Stolen Mace
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Junior Customs officers allege bias in promotion exercise
- Chinese vessels most culpable violators of Nigeria’s Waters – Navy
- Group tells Peterside to focus on MAN
- CCT sits in Bauchi; tries 55 politicians
- Police insist on taking Melaye to Kogi for trial
- Israel awards late Awolowo Certificate of Excellence
- Lagos APC: We need fresh hands, Tinubu charge party exco
- Researchers identify new form of DNA in living cells
- Naira appreciates against Dollar at parallel market
- Prioritize Africa’s youth and leapfrog traditional development paths – Tony Elumelu
- $496m controversy: Lawmakers call for Buhari’s head
- World’s first person-less bank run by humanoids opens
- Nigeria’s tiers of government share N647.39 in March
- Buhari condemns killing of priests, worshippers in Benue Church
- Lagos IGR hits N103.4bn in first quarter of 2018
- Police explain why Dino Melaye was arrested for interrogation
- Massive corruption evident under Buhari, says US report
- Melaye jumps out of police van, lands in hospital
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers