Omoyele Sowore, publisher of Sahara Reporters and a presidential hopeful has disclosed what he will do to Igbos of the South-East should he become the leader of the country in the forthcoming general election.
The publisher who is currently holding town hall meetings and consultations across the country over his political ambition said he is going to give the Igbos a sense of belonging by firstly apologizing on behalf of the country for the way they have been maltreated since the civil war ended.
“From the bottom of my heart, the Igbo man has not just be marginalised, the Igbo man has been trampled upon, their children killed, starved in the civil war and ever since then Nigeria has managed not to pay attention to Igboland,” he said while answering a question on how he hopes to manage the south-easterners and their Biafran mindset.
He continued: “But the Igbo man and his spirit has managed to built for himself the spirit that conquers the world. I will say to you that first and foremost when I become president I’m going to apologize to the Igbos on behalf of Nigeria”, he said amidst applause that greeted his response.
“But I won’t be like others, an apology is not enough, there has to be a rapid economic development in Igboland. What they Igbo man needs is a road upon which to transport their goods, transportation, airport, seaport that can bring their goods anywhere and that is why I said with due respect I am not doing it for Nigeria alone, I am doing it for Africa.
“I am a pan-africanist, I want Nigeria’s playground to be Africa, but we cannot do it without integrating with other African countries. There is no reason why it should take four hours to cross from Benue Republic to Lagos just because we have corrupt custom officers and immigration officers. We have to bulldoze the wall there and put a highway that goes from Lagos first to Ghana and eventually to Senegal,” he said.
Sowore urged the youths to get ready to kick out the old generation out of power by ensuring they have their permanent voter cards.
He was recently told that for one to be the president of the country such an individual must first be a thief or be sponsored by one as the cost for presidential campaigns in Nigeria is in billions.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Prince Oladimeji charges Kwara United to win 2018 Aiteo Cup
- Maigari concedes defeat to Pinnick in NFF presidential election
- NBS to spend $3.5m on poverty statistics survey
- Delta Air to launch first biometric terminal in the U.S
- FG abolishes payment of Overstay fees by dual citizens
- Polaris Bank takes over distressed Skye Bank assets
- NNPC faults Police over funds discovered in Banks
- Abubakar cautions politicians against disrupting 2019 poll
- Why I want Buhari out in 2019- Tambuwal
- Woman In Pain As Doctors Find 'Dead Tortoise' In Her Privates
- Beautiful Pics Of The New Terminal Of Port Harcourt Airport
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Yahoo Boy Weeps Profusely After Being Arrested With Others
- Offa Bank Robbery: Security guard caught raking up customers’ monies
- Belgium,France make FIFA ranking history
- CR7 set to be cleared to face Man United
- Nasarawa United Chairman hails credible, fair NFF election
- Nigeria ex-footballer,Indian wife arrested for Fraud
- WBA Champion’s title defence cancelled
- World Bank predicts waste growth in Africa
- Messi hits new personal best for Barcelona
- Barcelona player ratings against PSV from big 4-0 win
- Federer: You can’t prepare to play Nadal
- 'I Rather Die Than Be R*ped' - Pretty Lady Injured By A "R*pist"
- Okorocha's 56th Birthday Celebration (Photos)
- Pilot Sentenced To 15-Year-Jail Term For Forgery In Lagos
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Okonjo-Iweala commiseates with Nigeria over flood disaster
- 'Have We Ever Met Before'? - Buhari Asks New DG Of DSS During Meeting
- Blood Flows As Oro Worshippers and Muslims Clash In Oyo State (Graphic Photos)
- "Certificate Forgery": I Won't Resign - Buhari's Aide, Obono-Obla
- Man's Manhood 'Disappears' After Taking Money From Rich Man In Lagos (Photo)
- No Actress Dares Offer Me S*x For Movie Role - Kunle Afolayan
- Pastor Allegedly Abandons Wife In Canada, Returns To Nigeria To Marry Lady He Called His Sister
- Dollar slumps amidst monetary tightening plans
- Trade war: Trump’s strong-arm tactics with China slipping
- Local airline operators lament loses over failed national carrier
- Woman Cries After She Was Battered By Soldiers In Lagos