The Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Maikanti Baru, has urged Nigerians not to buy petrol from any filling station selling above the government approved pump price of N145.
He said this barely 24 hours after the Department of Petroleum Resources shut an NNPC station in Abuja for selling petrol at N181.
The DPR had alleged that many oil marketers were using the NNPC’s name and logo to cheat the public.
According to him, the NNPC management has sanitised the supply and distribution of petroleum in the country.
“We have brought back sanity in the fuel supply system. We have over 2.1 billion litres of petrol in-tank at the moment and people should be calm and be sure that the right quantity is given to them at the filling station at N145 per litre that the government has approved to be the sale price of PMS,” he said.
Describing Okoigun as a remarkable entrepreneur, whose service to the oil industry was important, Baru assured indigenous companies of the corporation’s support.
“What it takes to run the economy is to have entrepreneurs who are ready to bring innovations into the market. The Nigerian market will have a lot to benefit by bringing to the market the various inventions. The fact that they are going to set up manufacturing plants and equipment and produce these inventions to be used locally will have a multiplying effect,” he added.
On his part, Okoigun said the fellowship award would enable him to give more support to the engineering profession.
“This is an encouragement for me. It is a challenge that I should do more and it also represents the excellent work that Arco is doing,” he added.
The President, NAE, Mrs. Joanna Maduka, said the academy was doing its best to boost investors/inventors’ relationship.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria vies for two positions in ITU
- Super forward: European club wants Ronaldo, Sane and Salah
- Kunle, Aremu disagree over their father’s financial status
- Evidence Destruction: Court decides Metuh’s fate
- Mercy Johnson Okojie has a new endorsement
- What Roman Abramovich stands to lose if Antonio Conte is sacked?
- IDPs, police clash at Melaye’s residence as siege continues
- Nigeria might lose investors – Sanusi
- Naira steady at N363/$ as Pound crashes lowest in weeks
- NFF electoral committee commences work
- Highly-rated Arsenal youngster tipped to leave for free transfer
- Putin orders massive military men, materiel, 50 ops in preparation against enemy West
- NSE: Bull loses control as Index down by 0.15%
- Eko disco restores power to community after 9 months outage
- Buhari returned empty-handed from UK visit – PDP
- Considering a Spaniard for Arsenal job
- Big Brother Naija: Multichoice may have raked in N5.1 billion
- Again, poliice descends on Melaye’s home in Abuja hours after release
- Bukola Saraki’s aide in ghost worker scam
- SEC extends amnesty for shareholders with multiple IPOs subscriptions
- NCC blames SIM box operators over call masking
- Health: Expert commends LASG’s over compulsory state’s Health Insurance Scheme
- Nigerian burnt to death by South Africans as police look away
- Face of Herdsman Who Killed His Own Brother Over Missing Cow
- Pastor Who Borrowed Coat For Wedding 12 Years Ago, Celebrates His Good Wife
- Xhaka: We must win Europa League for Arsenal
- Man Who Already Shared His Will Miraculously Healed By Female Prophet From Kidney Infection
- World Bank blasts Nigeria, African leaders on Youth development
- Wike set to commission 34 projects to mark third year anniversary
- OAU Sex-for-marks scandal: Victim, Monica Osagie, invited to appear before panel on Tuesday
- Former INEC chair gets new appointment
- Politics is like smoking Marijuana – Kema Chikwe
- 2 Ladies Who Accused Nigerian Lecturer of S*x for Grade Jailed
- Update: Soldiers Kill Six Gunmen Terrorising Kogi State
- Breaking: Police arrest Melaye
- Yoweri Museveni, Uganda President, chides Buhari on Nigerian Youths
- Nabbed Soldier: I deserted Army because I was owed 9-month salary
- Senator Dino Melaye Arrested In Abuja Airport
- Why Bode George Should Beg Obasanjo - Oyinlola
- Abuja Engineer Stabs Friend To Death At Birthday Party