A 46-year-old Nigerian man, who is also a school certificate holder by name Julius Olawale Oluwagbenro was given a life ban by the American embassy on Tuesday, for posing as a certified engineer, among other lies he manufactured in order to get American Visa.
The man has been rejected three times on his attempt to get an American visa got a life ban on his fourth attempt in which he told the US Embassy that he graduated from UNILAG, Akoka, where he studied Electrical Electronics and has previously worked with Procter and Gamble.
The school cert holder according to Police, claimed that he was going to the US for his uncle’s burial, who died of cancer in New York. He also lied that he was presently working with Unilever as an engineer, with a monthly salary of N657,000.
Oluwagbenro was nailed by the phone number of the contact person, he was supposed to meet in America. Documents recovered from the school cert holder which are all believed to be fake, include a letterhead from the police, stating that Oluwagbenro had a damaged passport and that the Embassy should, “kindly render any assistance he may require”. There was also a First Bank statement of account, showing that Oluwagbenro had N6.2 million in his bank account.
The suspect disclosed that the fake police documents and First Bank statement were procured for him at NAPEX compound by touts. NAPEX compound is on the same axis as the American Embassy. Oluwagbenro who noted that he had traveled to Egypt, Ghana, UK and the Benin Republic, but his heart still yearns for America, further disclosed that if he had scaled the interview and got his visa, he would have paid his agent identified as one Daddy Damilade, N150,000.
Narrating how he was arrested, Oluwagbenro told a News Telegraph correspondent:
“I was in front of the consultant, a woman and she asked me why I was going to America. I told her that I was going for the burial of my uncle, who died of cancer. She said I should accept her condolences, I said thank you. She asked me to wait while she got up. After a while, a Nigerian guy came and walked me over to a room, where he started asking me questions. The questions were about my documents. At that point, there was no need to lie. I had to tell him the truth.
The truth is that I wasn’t the person that filled my visa form. My agent did. I was not even aware of most of the information he filled on the form.
“Everything my agent filled in the visa application form was a lie. I have never worked with Procter and Gamble and neither have I worked with Unilever.
I’m not an engineer; I’m just a school cert holder. I sell cars in Ibadan, but the agent, Daddy Damilade, said that if I tell the embassy that I sell cars, they wouldn’t give me the visa. I don’t have any uncle who died of cancer. I’m just looking for a way to leave Nigeria, go to America to look for my daily bread.”
Please Share this post:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Two Sisters Caught Trying To Smuggle Tramadol, Igbo Into Prison In Abuja
- APC Leaders Will Be Thrown Into Hell If Their Records Are Checked - Obasanjo
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police