A 46-year-old Nigerian man, who is also a school certificate holder by name Julius Olawale Oluwagbenro was given a life ban by the American embassy on Tuesday, for posing as a certified engineer, among other lies he manufactured in order to get American Visa.
The man has been rejected three times on his attempt to get an American visa got a life ban on his fourth attempt in which he told the US Embassy that he graduated from UNILAG, Akoka, where he studied Electrical Electronics and has previously worked with Procter and Gamble.
The school cert holder according to Police, claimed that he was going to the US for his uncle’s burial, who died of cancer in New York. He also lied that he was presently working with Unilever as an engineer, with a monthly salary of N657,000.
Oluwagbenro was nailed by the phone number of the contact person, he was supposed to meet in America. Documents recovered from the school cert holder which are all believed to be fake, include a letterhead from the police, stating that Oluwagbenro had a damaged passport and that the Embassy should, “kindly render any assistance he may require”. There was also a First Bank statement of account, showing that Oluwagbenro had N6.2 million in his bank account.
The suspect disclosed that the fake police documents and First Bank statement were procured for him at NAPEX compound by touts. NAPEX compound is on the same axis as the American Embassy. Oluwagbenro who noted that he had traveled to Egypt, Ghana, UK and the Benin Republic, but his heart still yearns for America, further disclosed that if he had scaled the interview and got his visa, he would have paid his agent identified as one Daddy Damilade, N150,000.
Narrating how he was arrested, Oluwagbenro told a News Telegraph correspondent:
“I was in front of the consultant, a woman and she asked me why I was going to America. I told her that I was going for the burial of my uncle, who died of cancer. She said I should accept her condolences, I said thank you. She asked me to wait while she got up. After a while, a Nigerian guy came and walked me over to a room, where he started asking me questions. The questions were about my documents. At that point, there was no need to lie. I had to tell him the truth.
The truth is that I wasn’t the person that filled my visa form. My agent did. I was not even aware of most of the information he filled on the form.
“Everything my agent filled in the visa application form was a lie. I have never worked with Procter and Gamble and neither have I worked with Unilever.
I’m not an engineer; I’m just a school cert holder. I sell cars in Ibadan, but the agent, Daddy Damilade, said that if I tell the embassy that I sell cars, they wouldn’t give me the visa. I don’t have any uncle who died of cancer. I’m just looking for a way to leave Nigeria, go to America to look for my daily bread.”
Please Share this post:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Suspect Escapes From Court Room In Lagos, Jumps Into Canal
- Young Boy Abducted By Ritualists In Benue, Abandoned In Abuja
- Female Student 'Tied' Her Roommates' Destinies Over Money
- Father Mbaka Warns Buhari, Others Of Impending "Danger"
- Check Out The Super-Cool Mercedes X-Class (Latest Edition)
- Pretty Lady Set To Marry In August Dies In Fatal Accident In Delta
- Iran threatens US with ‘mother of all wars’
- MPR to stay unchanged on sustained risk of capital flow reversals – analysts
- Nigeria’s inflation rate rises month-on-month
- First Bank commences Nigeria-China currency swap
- Nigeria’s new national carrier on shaking grounds
- Woman Suddenly Collapses, Dies During Church Service In Delta
- Nigerian Drug Trafficker Sentenced To Life In Prison (Photos)
- Footballer Ighalo & Wife Rock Matching Outfits In Style
- Female Professor, Army Officer Shot Dead By Gunmen On Abuja Road Last Night
- Here's Where To Buy The Best Snail In Abuja (Fresh or Cooked)
- UNIZIK Final Year Student Dies Moments Before His Last Paper
- SARS Torture Musician In Lagos, Accuse Him Of Being Yahoo Boy
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Stole My Mandate - Billionaire Ogunbiyi
- Saraki Reacts To "Juicy Offer" To Him By Buhari Presidency
- Some Forces Pushed Me To Defile Girl, says 52-Year-Old Man
- Fayose’s Arrogance Caused PDP’s Defeat In Ekiti — Sen. Kashamu
- Female Permanent Secretary’s Son Hangs Self Over Failed Business
- Start Preparing To Leave Aso Rock - PDP tells Buhari
- Buhari a joker if he thinks he’ll win in 2019 – Adebanjo
- Ex-President bags another 8-year jail term for corruption
- Osun 2018: Dancer Senator Adeleke wins PDP governorship ticket
- CAA ASABA 2018: Phyno, Harrysong to thrill fans as ticket sale begins
- 25 Falconets in Austria’s World Cup camping
- Flying Eagles batter Mauritania 5-0, qualify for Niger 2019
- Here Are The Foods You Shouldn't Eat On An Empty Stomach
- Lagos Police Arrests 5 PDP LGA Chairmen For Murder
- JAMB Remits Another N7.8bn To Federal Government
- SARS Storms Kidnapper's Mansion In Imo Before Its Demolition
- APC & PDP In War Of Words Over Saraki, Dogara, Others
- Rampaging Boko Haram Ambushes Soldiers, Many Killed
- Policemen Assault Beautician After 'Touching' His Girlfriend
- "We’ve Decided To Dump APC, We Don't Trust Buhari" - R-APC
- Nigeria, Others To Get AFREXIM Bank’s $25bn Grant
- Newlywed Couple Seen Buying Roasted Plantain By The Roadside In Delta (Photos)