Gernot Rohr’s squad who qualified Nigeria for her sixth World Cup participation in the eastern European nation Russia have an average age of 24.9-years.
However, not all the talented stars look their ages.
Disclaimer: This article is not in anyway made to doubt the authenticity of these players’ age but based on observations/reactions from fans and football lovers.
Here are the five Super Eagles that look older than their ages.
1. Francis Uzoho
At age of 19, Francis Uzoho have made three senior appearances for the national team including the latest win against Poland last weekend.
But, the Real Club Deportivo Fabril number one looks like he is in 30’s because of his matured looks.
2. Joel Obi
The Torino midfielder made a comeback into the national team since Samson Siasia left as coach of Super Eagles following his impressive display in the Serie A recently.
Although the 26-year-old has been plagued with injury during his spell with Inter, but the former Parma man looked way beyond his present age when he made played in the Poland friendly.
3. Stephen Eze
After having a remarkable CHAN competition in Morocco, Stephen Eze caught the eyes of Bulgarian side Lokomotive Pludiv.
The 24-year-old earned a call up for the Super Eagles friendlies with Poland and Serbia, but taking a second look at the lanky defender, questions can be raised about his age.
4. Ahmed Musa
Musa has gotten back to his best after making a return to CSKA Moscow following torrid times with Premier League outfit Leicester City.
Musa, 25, has played at the U-20, U-23 for Nigeria but with the look on his face one would think he is a veteran who just have a few years to call it quits with football.
5. Moses Simon
Moses Simon has been one Nigeria’s exciting players on the flank with his commanding display all through the qualifiers enroute to the Russia 2018 World Cup.
The 22-year-old got married two years ago when he was 20 which is very unusual for the young lad.
Russia 2018: Nigerians predict Super Eagles chances at the World Cup – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Quitting Super Eagles: Uncovering why Victor Moses takes a bow, premature departure
- Breaking: Victor Moses retires
- Kante: ‘World Cup achievements, beyond my dreams’
- Saraki considers running against Buhari in 2019
- Arthur, the new Barcelona’s Xavi Hernandez
- Ramos mocks Jurgen Klopp’s record in cup finals
- Eden Hazard verus Mesut Ozil ahead of EPL clash
- Guendouzi: Arsenal can win EPL title
- Give us courts to develop beach soccer— Nimrod begs el-Rufai
- Osinbajo to meet NFF President over crisis
- 018 NYG: Team Oyo picks 4 slots at S/west zonal eliminations
- INEC Chairman Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate (Photos)
- Landlord Who Led Armed Robbers To Rob Neighbour Arrested
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’