Gernot Rohr’s squad who qualified Nigeria for her sixth World Cup participation in the eastern European nation Russia have an average age of 24.9-years.
However, not all the talented stars look their ages.
Disclaimer: This article is not in anyway made to doubt the authenticity of these players’ age but based on observations/reactions from fans and football lovers.
Here are the five Super Eagles that look older than their ages.
1. Francis Uzoho
At age of 19, Francis Uzoho have made three senior appearances for the national team including the latest win against Poland last weekend.
But, the Real Club Deportivo Fabril number one looks like he is in 30’s because of his matured looks.
2. Joel Obi
The Torino midfielder made a comeback into the national team since Samson Siasia left as coach of Super Eagles following his impressive display in the Serie A recently.
Although the 26-year-old has been plagued with injury during his spell with Inter, but the former Parma man looked way beyond his present age when he made played in the Poland friendly.
3. Stephen Eze
After having a remarkable CHAN competition in Morocco, Stephen Eze caught the eyes of Bulgarian side Lokomotive Pludiv.
The 24-year-old earned a call up for the Super Eagles friendlies with Poland and Serbia, but taking a second look at the lanky defender, questions can be raised about his age.
4. Ahmed Musa
Musa has gotten back to his best after making a return to CSKA Moscow following torrid times with Premier League outfit Leicester City.
Musa, 25, has played at the U-20, U-23 for Nigeria but with the look on his face one would think he is a veteran who just have a few years to call it quits with football.
5. Moses Simon
Moses Simon has been one Nigeria’s exciting players on the flank with his commanding display all through the qualifiers enroute to the Russia 2018 World Cup.
The 22-year-old got married two years ago when he was 20 which is very unusual for the young lad.
Russia 2018: Nigerians predict Super Eagles chances at the World Cup – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Update on Maiduguri attack: 21 persons killed as Army repel Boko Haram attack on Maiduguri
- Ali Modu Sheriff returns to APC
- Fresh crisis looms in APC
- Melaye’s brother, others remanded in Kuje for blocking police vehicle
- Army repels Boko Haram attack on Maiduguri
- Labour Party condemns continued killings in Benue
- Ekiti 2018: 29 problems for APC Leaders
- Reps tackle FRSC over issuance of drivers’ license
- German envoy warns NYSC members
- Govt say El-Zakzaky, wife murder a soldier
- NEC bans herdsmen movement in Benue, Taraba, others
- What you should know as an electricity consumer
- Access Bank gets go-ahead for N459bn capital raise
- How we arrived at estimated 198m population – NPC Chairman
- NCC remits N49.7bn to federation account in Q1
- $496 controversy: Reps divided over moves to impeach Buhari
- Don’t vote for Buhari in 2019 – Obasanjo tells Ndigbo
- Lagos attracts $43bin investment proposals in three years
- CODELAGOS expands to 275 schools, 10 public centres
- Melaye is in good health–National Hospital
- President Buhari Survived Impeachment Notice By Senate
- LASU introduces international students’ identity card
- Fuel prices to increase in May
- Social media platforms warned against spreading of fake news
- Unending disputation on sequence of elections
- Buhari begs Tinubu: ACN plots dumping APC in 2019
- Electricity companies lose N20 billion monthly
- Soft-Skills Education is important for African Schools
- Melaye not been fed for 48 hrs; police, hospital management, volunteers refuse to help
- Police boss ignores Senate invitation; follows Buhari on state visit
- Senators rally House to impeach Buhari
- Access Bank profits plunges in Q1 of 2018
- Performing a monologue before V.P Osinbajo remains remarkable for me – Anyaduba
- How to Rest in God and Overcome Challenges
- FAAC cancels meeting over poor revenue returns by NNPC
- Shareholders commend Access Bank’s consistent dividend payout
- U.S Consulate spearheads human rights campaign
- ANAP queries FG over concession of airports
- Sale of UK subsidiary will not disrupt services, says Diamond Bank
- Melaye laments plights in police custody