Two Boko Haram suicide bombers have met their deaths in the hands of security operatives after they attacked a village in Borno state.
At least four people have died and eight others injured on Wednesday in Maiduguri after two terrorists attacked Muna Garage in the Borno State.
It was gathered that one of the terrorists detonated an improvised explosive device attached to his body, killing himself and some nearby civilians. At least eight others were wounded by the blast.
After the bombing, a second terrorist stole a soldier’s rifle before he was shot dead by an officer.
“As State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) staff arrived at the scene to rescue the wounded civilians, another boy came shouting Allahu Akbar, grabbed a soldier and snatched his AK-47 rifle. “But luckily enough, he could not open fire. As he approached another officer, he was shot dead.”
Mr. Kachalla added that a civilian was shot in the crossfire and has since been taken to the State Specialist Hospital by SEMA and Red Cross staff alongside other wounded victims.
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria’s tiers of government share N647.39 in March
- Buhari condemns killing of priests, worshippers in Benue Church
- Lagos IGR hits N103.4bn in first quarter of 2018
- Police explain why Dino Melaye was arrested for interrogation
- Massive corruption evident under Buhari, says US report
- Melaye jumps out of police van, lands in hospital
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers
- NBC accuses Daar Communications of violation, stops FM radio
- Herdsmen turn on Catholic church in Benue, kill 27 worshipers in 4 days
- Saraki, Senate abandon Melaye
- Zenith Bank’s Q1 results indicate strong improvements
- Henderson: Salah will stay to break more Liverpool records
- NSE: Equities record marginal decline, trend to continue if….
- 419 Gang Who Dupe People With Fake Currency Nabbed In Lagos
- Living The Life Of A True Christian Who Can Make Heaven
- Save Lagos Group laments infrastructure decay in primary schools
- Nigeria gets $1.5m interest on returned Abacha loot
- Who Left Over N1Billion In An Account But Can't Claim It?
- Ex-President Bush Hospitalized Days After Wife’s Death
- Offa Robbery Update: Affected Bank Sacks 5 Staff
- Man Escapes Tragic Death As Car Is Crushed By Big Truck
- There's A Plot To Kill Me - Dino Melaye Cries Out
- Offa Attack: Five bank staffers sacked; top police officers linked
- Bishop Oyedepo berates Buhari: Your government is a failure, God is angry with you
- The “approved” $1 billion for arms purchase
- Wading into the Oba-Emir Debate
- Melaye alleges plot to assassinate him
- Obama Foundation introduces new programme for emerging leaders in Africa
- APC Chairmanship: Oshiomhole’s candidature suffers setback
- Lagos Policemen Chased My Son To Death - Father
- Dino Melaye: They snatched my passport, I snatched it back
- EFCC Arrests Ibori’s Man, Senator Nwaoboshi Over N6B "Fraud"
- Lagos Security Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter
- Melaye trapped, helpless as police speaks on reinforced siege
- Dino Melaye surrenders