Chinedu Udoji dies in car accident – this sad news became known to Nigerians recently. Football fans from all corners of the country pay tributes to the late Kano Pillars defender on his last journey. He was only 28 years old!
Chinedu Udoji car accident: how did it happen?
The terrible occurrence took place on Sunday evening, February 18. The car crash stopped the life of one of the most talented Nigerian football players.
He attended the NPFL match on the Kano Pillars side against his former team Enyimba, where Udoji previously held the position of captain. The fight ended in a draw with the score 1:1. After the match, Chinedu Udoji visited his former colleagues from Enyimba club in their hotel. Then he while returning to Kano Pillars base, died in an accident.
The media learned about this from the representatives of Enyimba. They published relevant information on the official website of the club. The incident dumbfounded Enyimba players and many fans of the talented footballer.
Toyin Ibitoye, the media officer of Super Eagles, also expressed compassion in his message on the Internet. It is worth recalling that earlier Udoji was invited to the national team. Ibitoye wrote about the fact that people are extremely vulnerable. We do not know what awaits us in the next second.
Indeed, it only seems that we are in control of the situation and sometimes too concentrated on this. In reality, life is short. It’s an invaluable gift. It is necessary to appreciate it because this grace can disappear at any moment. Death does not pay attention to wealth and age. Sometimes it can come at a most unexpected time.
This accident is all the more tragic for the sportsman’s family. Currently, his wife is pregnant. Also, Chinedu had a son with her. Let’s pray that they will survive this sad moment and find the strength to move on.
READ ALSO: Stephen Keshi: teams he coached
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Totti: I tried to get Ronaldo, Ibramovich to Roma
- Inter, Icardi disagrees over renewal salary
- Court jails two over Malabu oil bribery scandal
- Messi’s UCL conquest, Ronaldo still ahead
- Mariano Diaz: Wearing the No. 7 shirt is a great responsibility
- 10 champions League shock that shook the world
- Akwa Ibom reiterates commitment to early completion of airport
- Lescott: David Silva is the best player I have ever played with
- Robertson: Sturridge summer up the spirit in our squad
- N3.48bn fraud: Panel sets to arrest Senator Nwaoboshi
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria