Chinedu Udoji dies in car accident – this sad news became known to Nigerians recently. Football fans from all corners of the country pay tributes to the late Kano Pillars defender on his last journey. He was only 28 years old!
Chinedu Udoji car accident: how did it happen?
The terrible occurrence took place on Sunday evening, February 18. The car crash stopped the life of one of the most talented Nigerian football players.
He attended the NPFL match on the Kano Pillars side against his former team Enyimba, where Udoji previously held the position of captain. The fight ended in a draw with the score 1:1. After the match, Chinedu Udoji visited his former colleagues from Enyimba club in their hotel. Then he while returning to Kano Pillars base, died in an accident.
The media learned about this from the representatives of Enyimba. They published relevant information on the official website of the club. The incident dumbfounded Enyimba players and many fans of the talented footballer.
Toyin Ibitoye, the media officer of Super Eagles, also expressed compassion in his message on the Internet. It is worth recalling that earlier Udoji was invited to the national team. Ibitoye wrote about the fact that people are extremely vulnerable. We do not know what awaits us in the next second.
Indeed, it only seems that we are in control of the situation and sometimes too concentrated on this. In reality, life is short. It’s an invaluable gift. It is necessary to appreciate it because this grace can disappear at any moment. Death does not pay attention to wealth and age. Sometimes it can come at a most unexpected time.
This accident is all the more tragic for the sportsman’s family. Currently, his wife is pregnant. Also, Chinedu had a son with her. Let’s pray that they will survive this sad moment and find the strength to move on.
READ ALSO: Stephen Keshi: teams he coached
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Offa Attack: Five bank staffers sacked; top police officers linked
- Bishop Oyedepo berates Buhari: Your government is a failure, God is angry with you
- The “approved” $1 billion for arms purchase
- Wading into the Oba-Emir Debate
- Melaye alleges plot to assassinate him
- Obama Foundation introduces new programme for emerging leaders in Africa
- APC Chairmanship: Oshiomhole’s candidature suffers setback
- Lagos Policemen Chased My Son To Death - Father
- Dino Melaye: They snatched my passport, I snatched it back
- EFCC Arrests Ibori’s Man, Senator Nwaoboshi Over N6B "Fraud"
- Lagos Security Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter
- Melaye trapped, helpless as police speaks on reinforced siege
- Dino Melaye surrenders
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Check out The Characteristics of a Good and Decent Hotel
- Saraki, Tambuwal Won’t Decamp To PDP - Governor
- Nigerian Lawmaker Loses 4 Kids, 7 Relatives In Fatal Accident
- Armed Policemen Storm Dino Melaye's House... Police give reason
- Lawmaker’s Suspension: What The Law Says
- Nigeria vies for two positions in ITU
- Super forward: European club wants Ronaldo, Sane and Salah
- Kunle, Aremu disagree over their father’s financial status
- Evidence Destruction: Court decides Metuh’s fate
- Mercy Johnson Okojie has a new endorsement
- What Roman Abramovich stands to lose if Antonio Conte is sacked?
- IDPs, police clash at Melaye’s residence as siege continues
- Nigeria might lose investors – Sanusi
- Naira steady at N363/$ as Pound crashes lowest in weeks
- NFF electoral committee commences work
- Highly-rated Arsenal youngster tipped to leave for free transfer
- Putin orders massive military men, materiel, 50 ops in preparation against enemy West
- NSE: Bull loses control as Index down by 0.15%
- Eko disco restores power to community after 9 months outage
- Buhari returned empty-handed from UK visit – PDP
- Considering a Spaniard for Arsenal job
- Big Brother Naija: Multichoice may have raked in N5.1 billion
- Again, poliice descends on Melaye’s home in Abuja hours after release
- Bukola Saraki’s aide in ghost worker scam
- SEC extends amnesty for shareholders with multiple IPOs subscriptions
- NCC blames SIM box operators over call masking