– Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is heading a presidential committee to end herdsmen killings in Nigeria
– The Kano state Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over Osinbajo
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo is heading a presidential committee which consists of nine state governors saddled with the responsibility of ending the herdsmen’s killings being witnessed in parts of the country.
Punch reports that this was one of the decisions reached at a meeting of the National Economic Council held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Thursday, January 18.
NAIJ.com gathered that the Kano state Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over Osinbajo.
The governor said the committee would collaborate with the federal government in addressing impunity regarding killings and violence.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported that the police on Thursday, January 18, arraigned a 20 – year-old cattle header, Ibrahim Yau, at a Makurdi magistrates’ court for alleged criminal conspiracy and open grazing.
The prosecutor, Abdulkarim Abubakar, told the court that the defendant was arrested by two members of Benue Vigilance Group, Nyor Stephen, and Adi Titus, in Makurdi on January 10, 2018.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
He alleged that the duo, acting on intelligence report that some Fulani herdsmen were openly grazing their livestock at Welfare Quarters, New Otukpo Road, Makurdi, rushed to the area.
What should the federal govt do to tackle herdsmen attacks in the country? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Super Eagles' Winning Bonus Increased By $5,000 To Spur Them To Victory
- Father Meets His Biological Son First Time In 50 Years After DNA Test Confirmation
- Oil prices drop on US-China trade war
- N223m fraud: Senators tackle ex-SGF over innocence claim
- Tension as APC meets to ratify delegates’ list for convention
- I Left Nigeria Rich, Returned Miserable – Returnee
- Faces of men caught over attempted kidnap of female Customs Deputy Comptroller
- Lai Mohammed Says Buhari Is Transforming Nigeria
- Arrested One-Chance Robbers Hit Victim With Hammer; Say "we're surprised he died"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Prevent Leg Cramps During A Long Journey
- Female Soldier Who Escaped Attack On Her Wedding Day Dies In Fatal Accident (Photo)
- Notorious Sea Pirates Terrorizing Nigerians Finally Caught
- Lagos Landlord Slumps, Dies After Disagreement With Tenant
- Ex-PDP Chairman Makarfi battles Atiku for PDP presidential ticket
- Another Deadly Attack By Boko Haram; Over 30 Killed
- Dozens killed in fresh Boko Haram attack
- 2019: Makarfi to contest with Atiku, others for PDP presidential ticket
- Group warns of planned attacks on Agip oil facilities
- TCN gives reasons for epileptic power supply
- APC disqualifies 19 aspirants from convention
- APC in Rivers solidly behind Amaechi – Peterside
- Arrested “herdsmen” finger politicians as sponsors
- Nigerian Air Force bombs communities in Benue
- “Buhari’s govt is the most transparent”
- Happy Father's Day
- NewPDP Faces Tension Over Moves To Dump APC
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As SARS Operatives Nabbed In Lagos
- Fight Among APC Leaders, Governors Over National Convention
- How To Travel On A Budget and Still Have Fun
- Criminal Who Made Over N50m From Kidnapping Nabbed
- Customs Bust Top Smugglers, Seize N1.3bn Rice, Vehicles
- Peace Corps To Buhari: Order IGP To Unseal Our Office
- Only looters are against Buhari’s second term bid – Kalu
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Russia 2018 World Cup instructions restricting assistant referees
- I’m feeling good before WC opener —Etebo
- Africa representatives current form for the Russia 2018 world cup
- I am sure Super Eagles will pull through in Russia—Agali
- Key points from Argentina-Iceland game