– Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is heading a presidential committee to end herdsmen killings in Nigeria
– The Kano state Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over Osinbajo
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo is heading a presidential committee which consists of nine state governors saddled with the responsibility of ending the herdsmen’s killings being witnessed in parts of the country.
Punch reports that this was one of the decisions reached at a meeting of the National Economic Council held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Thursday, January 18.
NAIJ.com gathered that the Kano state Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over Osinbajo.
The governor said the committee would collaborate with the federal government in addressing impunity regarding killings and violence.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported that the police on Thursday, January 18, arraigned a 20 – year-old cattle header, Ibrahim Yau, at a Makurdi magistrates’ court for alleged criminal conspiracy and open grazing.
The prosecutor, Abdulkarim Abubakar, told the court that the defendant was arrested by two members of Benue Vigilance Group, Nyor Stephen, and Adi Titus, in Makurdi on January 10, 2018.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
He alleged that the duo, acting on intelligence report that some Fulani herdsmen were openly grazing their livestock at Welfare Quarters, New Otukpo Road, Makurdi, rushed to the area.
What should the federal govt do to tackle herdsmen attacks in the country? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FRSC worries about Kaduna-Abuja roads
- 2019: Obasanjo insists he wants Buhari out
- South Africa, Cameroon not downcast
- Only A Fool Will Be Neutral When Nigeria Suffer Incompetence & Nepotism – Obasanjo
- Court May Compel Buhari To Investigate Ganduje's Dollar Bribe
- Electoral Amendment: Majority leader backs Buhari
- Northern Leaders Withdraw Support for Buhari over Revelation by his wife, Aisha?
- Police Beat Up Popular Actor Gideon Okeke In Lagos (Photos)
- Man Disgraced As He Was Caught Trying To Steal Ladies' Pant For Money Ritual in Delta
- FG states resolve on INEC’s security
- Super Falcons to know World Cup foes
- Beach Soccer AFCON: Supersand Eagles tackle Senegal
- Father Mbaka ‘Escapes’ Assassination
- Atiku As 2019 Consensus Candidate: PDP Moves To Get Other Parties' Support
- David De Gea is ranked best goalkeeper
- 19th NSF games schedule for Saturday as 23 events go down today
- Team Anambra should stay together to win —-Tony Oli
- NAPF President, Babaginda bails out ailing former Footballer
- Salah sets Liverpool record
- Women’s World Cup draw pits England against Scotland
- I’m in National team to build my profile, not for money—- Aigbogun
- NSF: Loveth Aboki gives Edo first medal in Power lifting
- Honest Security Guard Praised For Returning Lost Wallet Filled With Cash In Abuja
- Tinubu Showers Family Of Late 'Baba Sala' With Cash
- Serious Air Tragedy Averted As Plane Tyres Refuse To Eject In PH Airport While Landing
- Electoral Act: National Assembly Plans To Override Buhari
- Reactions Trailing Freezing Of Peter Obi’s Accounts
- APC Headquarters In Dilemma Over Amosun, Okorocha
- Forget The Past, Vote Buhari, Sanwo-Olu – Ambode
- Obasanjo: I Won't Campaign For Buhari, Atiku; Open Your Eyes & Vote For Better Economy
- Military Buys New Helicopter Gunships To Figh Boko Haram
- Tanker Loses Control, Rams Into 3 Vehicles On Lagos-Ibadan... Leaves 2 Dead
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo abandons Atiku; says he has no candidate
- Buhari approves appointment 9 new permanent secretaries
- Seriously? 13.5m Nigerians Voted Without PVC In 2015 - 75% In States Won By Buhari
- Father Mbaka Publicly Apologizes To Peter Obi
- 700 voters card retrieved from foreigners
- NBA president has case to answer in alleged N1.1 bn corruption
- Ehibam schools rugby tournament kicks off in Benin City