A 32-year-old man identified as Edet Asuquo, has fled his home in the Idi Araba area of Lagos State after he nearly killed his 3-week-old baby, Gift Asuquo, with slap.
Edet, who did not want a girl child, was alleged to have said he didn’t see her usefulness and threatened to kill her.
Rosemary was reported to have packed into the suspect’s apartment on Ayinla Street after she was delivered of the baby.
Edet, a bus conductor, however, was said to have been angry that his lover gave birth to a girl and not a boy as he expected, which resulted in frequent disagreements between them.
The baby was reported to be hungry and was crying when the father allegedly slapped her.
She was said to have convulsed due to the severity of the assault and was rushed to a medical centre for treatment.
The hospital workers informed the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender of the matter, and the agency contacted the police at the Itire division.
But by the time the police got to the house, the suspect had ran away.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Super Eagles' Winning Bonus Increased By $5,000 To Spur Them To Victory
- Father Meets His Biological Son First Time In 50 Years After DNA Test Confirmation
- Oil prices drop on US-China trade war
- N223m fraud: Senators tackle ex-SGF over innocence claim
- Tension as APC meets to ratify delegates’ list for convention
- I Left Nigeria Rich, Returned Miserable – Returnee
- Faces of men caught over attempted kidnap of female Customs Deputy Comptroller
- Lai Mohammed Says Buhari Is Transforming Nigeria
- Arrested One-Chance Robbers Hit Victim With Hammer; Say "we're surprised he died"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Prevent Leg Cramps During A Long Journey
- Female Soldier Who Escaped Attack On Her Wedding Day Dies In Fatal Accident (Photo)
- Notorious Sea Pirates Terrorizing Nigerians Finally Caught
- Lagos Landlord Slumps, Dies After Disagreement With Tenant
- Ex-PDP Chairman Makarfi battles Atiku for PDP presidential ticket
- Another Deadly Attack By Boko Haram; Over 30 Killed
- Dozens killed in fresh Boko Haram attack
- 2019: Makarfi to contest with Atiku, others for PDP presidential ticket
- Group warns of planned attacks on Agip oil facilities
- TCN gives reasons for epileptic power supply
- APC disqualifies 19 aspirants from convention
- APC in Rivers solidly behind Amaechi – Peterside
- Arrested “herdsmen” finger politicians as sponsors
- Nigerian Air Force bombs communities in Benue
- “Buhari’s govt is the most transparent”
- Happy Father's Day
- NewPDP Faces Tension Over Moves To Dump APC
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As SARS Operatives Nabbed In Lagos
- Fight Among APC Leaders, Governors Over National Convention
- How To Travel On A Budget and Still Have Fun
- Criminal Who Made Over N50m From Kidnapping Nabbed
- Customs Bust Top Smugglers, Seize N1.3bn Rice, Vehicles
- Peace Corps To Buhari: Order IGP To Unseal Our Office
- Only looters are against Buhari’s second term bid – Kalu
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Russia 2018 World Cup instructions restricting assistant referees
- I’m feeling good before WC opener —Etebo
- Africa representatives current form for the Russia 2018 world cup
- I am sure Super Eagles will pull through in Russia—Agali
- Key points from Argentina-Iceland game