Taraba state governor, Darius Ishaku, has lambasted the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, over his comment that the “genocide against Fulani,” by some political leaders especially in Taraba State was causing anxiety in the country.
Hide quoted text
Sanusi was quoted as saying: “The case of Taraba is particularly bad”.
Reacting, Ishaku through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Bala Dan Abu, advised Sanusi to emulate the leadership style of the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, who has been preaching peace across the country.
“The truth of the matter is that there has never been genocide against Fulani in Taraba. What the emir is talking about was a communal clash between the Fulani and the Mambila in Sardauna local government area of the state in June last year.
“In that communal clash, both sides suffered casualties and the figure of deaths from both sides put together was nothing close to a genocide.
“Before now, there have been reported cases of killings by herdsmen in Taraba and currently we have IDPs in camps as a result of herdsmen invasion of communities in Lau and Wukari local government areas of the state, but Sanusi has not said a word about these killings, so for him to level such allegations on the governor is most unfortunate,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria Banks missing among Africa’s best
- Buhari bears fangs, finally replies Obasanjo
- CBN retains interest rate at 14%
- Metuh’s lawyer back to court after withdrawing as his counsel
- Police close in on remaining 2 gang leaders of Offa bank robbery after arresting two
- Nigerian cult group driving sex trafficking trade in Italy
- Focus on getting fundamentals right for the Future readiness of our children
- APC paralle Congresses: Bindow, Boss, Nyako, Babachir and matters arising in Adamawa
- How FG failed in its promise to unbundle NNPC
- Maritime industry present great opportunity for economic rebirth, says Dakuku Peterside
- Maintenance, repair, overhaul facilities will boost aviation industry – Minister
- MasterCard Foundation to empower 30m young Africans
- Tackling the Unemployment situation in Africa by boosting Future readiness
- Ensure peace, security in your communities – Ambode urges Traditional Rulers
- Smugglers make $500m smuggling people into US
- Lagos Police Command nab cybercrime kingpin
- Rising crude oil price fails to boost Nigeria’s economy
- Army, Police contain IPOB threat to Ohaneze’s summit on restructuring
- Herdsmen killings: Christian Network raises alarm of looming anarchy
- Police nab Offa robbery key suspects
- Presidential race 2019: Obasanjo takes anti-Buhari campaign to Afenifere Leader, Fasoranti
- Tinubu mandates new APC Executive in Lagos to promote unity
- Top Healthy Snacks For Kids
- Boko Haram still control parts of North East Nigeria
- Buhari to receive 2018 budget this week – Reps
- $15 million: Jonathan’s suit against EFCC stalled
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity