Taraba state governor, Darius Ishaku, has lambasted the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, over his comment that the “genocide against Fulani,” by some political leaders especially in Taraba State was causing anxiety in the country.
Hide quoted text
Sanusi was quoted as saying: “The case of Taraba is particularly bad”.
Reacting, Ishaku through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Bala Dan Abu, advised Sanusi to emulate the leadership style of the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, who has been preaching peace across the country.
“The truth of the matter is that there has never been genocide against Fulani in Taraba. What the emir is talking about was a communal clash between the Fulani and the Mambila in Sardauna local government area of the state in June last year.
“In that communal clash, both sides suffered casualties and the figure of deaths from both sides put together was nothing close to a genocide.
“Before now, there have been reported cases of killings by herdsmen in Taraba and currently we have IDPs in camps as a result of herdsmen invasion of communities in Lau and Wukari local government areas of the state, but Sanusi has not said a word about these killings, so for him to level such allegations on the governor is most unfortunate,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 4 University Students Die After Fatal Accident Inside The Campus
- Arewa Youths Back Saraki, Caution Oshiomhole On Utterances
- 2019: Photos From Dankwambo's Visit To Obasanjo
- Quitting Super Eagles: Uncovering why Victor Moses takes a bow, premature departure
- Breaking: Victor Moses retires
- Kante: ‘World Cup achievements, beyond my dreams’
- Saraki considers running against Buhari in 2019
- Arthur, the new Barcelona’s Xavi Hernandez
- Ramos mocks Jurgen Klopp’s record in cup finals
- Eden Hazard verus Mesut Ozil ahead of EPL clash
- Guendouzi: Arsenal can win EPL title
- Give us courts to develop beach soccer— Nimrod begs el-Rufai
- Osinbajo to meet NFF President over crisis
- 018 NYG: Team Oyo picks 4 slots at S/west zonal eliminations
- INEC Chairman Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate (Photos)
- Landlord Who Led Armed Robbers To Rob Neighbour Arrested
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku