– The Lagos state police command is taking the issue of discipline among its personnel serious
– This has been the watchword of the command since the assumption of the state commissioner of police, Imohimi Edgal
– Three policemen attached to Amukoko division have been shown the way out of the force by the command
Three policemen attached to Amukoko division of the Lagos state police command have been dismissed from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF).
This was contained in a statement sent to NAIJ.com on Saturday, January 13, by the command’s spokesman, SP Chike Oti.
The dismissed policemen of the Amukoko division. Photo credit: Lagos state police command.
READ ALSO: Police arrests notorious kidnappers in Lagos
The names and service numbers of the dismissed policemen are given as follows:
1. Sergeant Osaseri Saturday (25759)
2. Sergeant Segun Okun (359075) and
3. Corporal Adekunle Oluwarotimi (496833)
The statement said they have been tried and dismissed from the NPF for breaching the rules of engagement and reckless application of firearms.
They were said to have committed the offence on Thursday, January 11 at Ifelodun street, Amukoko, Lagos state when they responded with bullets fired from their weapons at some youths alleged to have hurled some non ballistic missiles at them.
The gunshots was said to have led to the death of one of the youths and injured another..
NAIJ.com gathered that they were arrested, detained and tried on the orders of the commissioner of police, Lagos state, Edgal Imohimi.
“The guilty verdict was passed on them by the adjudicating officer who considered that the officers did not appreciate the situation critically and ought not to have applied the maximum force on the unruly youths,” the statement said.
The statement said the officers will be charged to court next week, while a duplicate copy of their case file would be sent to the Directorate of Public Prosecution( DPP) for legal advice.
Meanwhile, CP Imohimi has directed all the area commanders and divisional police officers in the state to warn their men against misapplication of force, adding that officers must abide by the Rules of Engagement as stipulated in Force Order 237.
In another development, the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has announced plans to retire 577 of its officers, barely one week after it promoted three officers to management level and redeployed eight others.
In a circular signed by Sulaiman MSJ, comptroller establishments, the NCS listed the names of all officers expected to go for statutory retirement in the year 2018.
The circular stated that the affected officers are to be disengaged either on the basis of mandatory 60 years of age or 35 years in service, in line with the civil service rules.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Gov Ganduje Bribe Video: EFCC Asked To Take Action
- Update On 24hours Curfew In Kaduna
- Friend Defrauds Man of N7m, Threatens To Kill Him & His Wife
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Nigerian Man, Okoloko Sworn In As Judge In US (Photos)
- How APC, Presidency Dribble Shehu Sani - Senator Ben Bruce
- Woman Leading Kidnap & Robbery Gang Finally Arrested
- Atiku Agrees To Give Office Of SGF To Yorubas
- Angry DPO Brutalises Innocent Man For Causing His Transfer
- Fayose In Lagos, Ready For His Court Trial Today
- I Won't Come Back To Face Trial In Court, says Nnamdi Kanu
- Senior Female Police Officer Kidnapped In Broad Daylight?
- Aisha Buhari Stops Oshiomhole From Entering Their House?
- How God Saved A Yong Lady From Ritualists
- Peter Obi Visits Ohaneze Ndigbo President (Photos)
- Update On Pastor Whose Corpse Was Found With Friend and A Married Woman
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Called Herself A "Queen" Over A Year Ago
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP