– The PDP says Governor El-Rufai and his counterparts are afraid of losing their jobs in 2019
The PDP made the statement in reaction to a report that Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state and six other governors from the northern part of the country under the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday, January 12, declared that they wanted President Muhammadu Buhari to get a second term.
The opposition party said El-Rufai and his counterparts were afraid of losing their jobs in 2019 and thus resorted to the visit.
The party also maintained that President Buhari will lose in the 2019 election.
See the tweets from the PDP on the issue below:
Meanwhile, the deputy national publicity secretary of the APC, Comrade Timi Frank, has described the recent call made by seven governors of the party on President Muhammadu Buhari to seek re-election in 2019 as an act of insensitivity towards Nigerians.
Comrade Frank lamented that the call was made barely 24 hours after their colleague, Samuel Ortom of Benue, organised a state burial for 73 victims of a recent herdsmen attack in the state.
In a statement sent to NAIJ.com on Saturday, January 13, Comrade Frank berated the governors’ declaration, saying that the nation was still mourning.
Comrade Frank said the governors should have paid a condolence visit to their colleague in Benue and urge the president to institute a programme that will take care of the families of the victims.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits
- Buhari writes to NASS, threatens to jail anybody found corrupt
- Buhari’s Kinsmen Pressurising Him To Reinstate Sacked Daura — Junaid Mohammed
- Police Headquarters To Conduct Psychiatric Test On SARS
- Craziest thing I’ve done was slapping my father – Femi Adebayo
- Killer Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Heavy Shoot Out
- PHOTOS: Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolished By Oyo Government
- Okorocha Facing Tough Times In Bid For His Son-in-Law
- I am not happy taking key players to foreign clubs –Coach Boboye
- I want NPFL to kick off —Coach Fidelis
- Kada City James Joseph, 3 others jet out for trials in Dubai, Turkey
- Club owners , others storm Imo for Heartland FC boss
- Wilder ready for Fury this year
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Top Tips For Pregnant Travellers
- Female Presidential aspirant, Eunice Atuejide suspended by party over "corruption"
- Nigerian Who Escaped Death Penalty In Malaysia, Re-Arrested
- Sad Tales Of Delta Schoolgirls Lured Into Pros-titution In Lagos
- Buhari Returns To Aso Rock, Moves To Take Action On Daura
- Where there are women, there will be evil – Actress Liz Anjorin
- Saraki, Dogara Plan Joint Session To Avert Impeachment?
- Tears Of Nigerian Journalists: The Gory Tales Under Buhari
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed