– The PDP says Governor El-Rufai and his counterparts are afraid of losing their jobs in 2019
The PDP made the statement in reaction to a report that Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state and six other governors from the northern part of the country under the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday, January 12, declared that they wanted President Muhammadu Buhari to get a second term.
The opposition party said El-Rufai and his counterparts were afraid of losing their jobs in 2019 and thus resorted to the visit.
The party also maintained that President Buhari will lose in the 2019 election.
See the tweets from the PDP on the issue below:
Meanwhile, the deputy national publicity secretary of the APC, Comrade Timi Frank, has described the recent call made by seven governors of the party on President Muhammadu Buhari to seek re-election in 2019 as an act of insensitivity towards Nigerians.
Comrade Frank lamented that the call was made barely 24 hours after their colleague, Samuel Ortom of Benue, organised a state burial for 73 victims of a recent herdsmen attack in the state.
In a statement sent to NAIJ.com on Saturday, January 13, Comrade Frank berated the governors’ declaration, saying that the nation was still mourning.
Comrade Frank said the governors should have paid a condolence visit to their colleague in Benue and urge the president to institute a programme that will take care of the families of the victims.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants