– The PDP says Governor El-Rufai and his counterparts are afraid of losing their jobs in 2019
The PDP made the statement in reaction to a report that Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state and six other governors from the northern part of the country under the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday, January 12, declared that they wanted President Muhammadu Buhari to get a second term.
The opposition party said El-Rufai and his counterparts were afraid of losing their jobs in 2019 and thus resorted to the visit.
The party also maintained that President Buhari will lose in the 2019 election.
See the tweets from the PDP on the issue below:
Meanwhile, the deputy national publicity secretary of the APC, Comrade Timi Frank, has described the recent call made by seven governors of the party on President Muhammadu Buhari to seek re-election in 2019 as an act of insensitivity towards Nigerians.
Comrade Frank lamented that the call was made barely 24 hours after their colleague, Samuel Ortom of Benue, organised a state burial for 73 victims of a recent herdsmen attack in the state.
In a statement sent to NAIJ.com on Saturday, January 13, Comrade Frank berated the governors’ declaration, saying that the nation was still mourning.
Comrade Frank said the governors should have paid a condolence visit to their colleague in Benue and urge the president to institute a programme that will take care of the families of the victims.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand