– The NAF under the current Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, takes the welfare of its personnel very seriously and those who paid the supreme price in service of the nation are not forgotten
– The CAS says the prioritization of personnel welfare is crucial to the sustenance of their morale
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has reiterated the commitment of the current Nigerian Air Force (NAF) leadership to improving the welfare of NAF personnel, particularly those participating in the ongoing counter insurgency operation in the North-east and other Internal Security operations across the country.
The CAS gave the assurance on Friday, January 12, while commissioning some additional residential accommodation at the NAF Base, Bill Clinton Drive, Abuja.
The CAS was represented by the Chief of Administration at the Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Mahmoud Ahmed at the event. Photo credit: NAF
According to him, the prioritization of personnel welfare is crucial to the sustenance of their morale in an effort to effectively address the current security challenges in the country.
Air Marshal Abubakar, who was represented at the occasion by the Chief of Administration at the Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Mahmoud Ahmed, stated that personnel welfare and other logistics requirements would continue to receive priorities within the limited available resources.
The newly built residential quarters for NAF personnel. Photo credit: NAF
He also expressed his belief that this would further motivate personnel and enhance their combat readiness.
“These projects on the Base attest to our resolve to react to the dynamic nature of personnel needs for accommodation, as we have undertaken similar projects here on several occasions in the past two years,” the CAS said.
The newly built accommodation, which includes a block of 6 units of 2-bedroom flats transit quarters for commissioned officers and another block of 18 units of 2-bedroom flats for non-commissioned officers were named after late Group Captain Usman Danliti Abubakar and late Flight Sergeant Bolorunduro Raphel respectively.
This was done as a mark of honour to immortalize the 2 late NAF personnel who died while actively serving the nation.
Some of the beneficiaries of the apartments receiving their keys. Photo credit: NAF
Late Group Captain Abubakar died as a result of an aircraft accident in May 2009 during a training mission in Rigachukwu, Kaduna while FS Bolorunduro was killed in action during Operation Zaman Lafiya in the North-east.
The ceremony also witnessed the presentation of keys to some of the beneficiaries of the new accommodation.
A block of 30 by one bedroom fully furnished residential accommodation was also commissioned and it was named after late Corporal Timon PM, NAF00/20247, who died on January 27, 2012 while fighting insurgencies in the Operation Zaman Lafiya.
Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Gov Ganduje Bribe Video: EFCC Asked To Take Action
- Update On 24hours Curfew In Kaduna
- Friend Defrauds Man of N7m, Threatens To Kill Him & His Wife
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Nigerian Man, Okoloko Sworn In As Judge In US (Photos)
- How APC, Presidency Dribble Shehu Sani - Senator Ben Bruce
- Woman Leading Kidnap & Robbery Gang Finally Arrested
- Atiku Agrees To Give Office Of SGF To Yorubas
- Angry DPO Brutalises Innocent Man For Causing His Transfer
- Fayose In Lagos, Ready For His Court Trial Today
- I Won't Come Back To Face Trial In Court, says Nnamdi Kanu
- Senior Female Police Officer Kidnapped In Broad Daylight?
- Aisha Buhari Stops Oshiomhole From Entering Their House?
- How God Saved A Yong Lady From Ritualists
- Peter Obi Visits Ohaneze Ndigbo President (Photos)
- Update On Pastor Whose Corpse Was Found With Friend and A Married Woman
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Called Herself A "Queen" Over A Year Ago
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP