– The NAF under the current Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, takes the welfare of its personnel very seriously and those who paid the supreme price in service of the nation are not forgotten
– The CAS says the prioritization of personnel welfare is crucial to the sustenance of their morale
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has reiterated the commitment of the current Nigerian Air Force (NAF) leadership to improving the welfare of NAF personnel, particularly those participating in the ongoing counter insurgency operation in the North-east and other Internal Security operations across the country.
The CAS gave the assurance on Friday, January 12, while commissioning some additional residential accommodation at the NAF Base, Bill Clinton Drive, Abuja.
The CAS was represented by the Chief of Administration at the Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Mahmoud Ahmed at the event. Photo credit: NAF
According to him, the prioritization of personnel welfare is crucial to the sustenance of their morale in an effort to effectively address the current security challenges in the country.
Air Marshal Abubakar, who was represented at the occasion by the Chief of Administration at the Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Mahmoud Ahmed, stated that personnel welfare and other logistics requirements would continue to receive priorities within the limited available resources.
The newly built residential quarters for NAF personnel. Photo credit: NAF
He also expressed his belief that this would further motivate personnel and enhance their combat readiness.
“These projects on the Base attest to our resolve to react to the dynamic nature of personnel needs for accommodation, as we have undertaken similar projects here on several occasions in the past two years,” the CAS said.
The newly built accommodation, which includes a block of 6 units of 2-bedroom flats transit quarters for commissioned officers and another block of 18 units of 2-bedroom flats for non-commissioned officers were named after late Group Captain Usman Danliti Abubakar and late Flight Sergeant Bolorunduro Raphel respectively.
This was done as a mark of honour to immortalize the 2 late NAF personnel who died while actively serving the nation.
Some of the beneficiaries of the apartments receiving their keys. Photo credit: NAF
Late Group Captain Abubakar died as a result of an aircraft accident in May 2009 during a training mission in Rigachukwu, Kaduna while FS Bolorunduro was killed in action during Operation Zaman Lafiya in the North-east.
The ceremony also witnessed the presentation of keys to some of the beneficiaries of the new accommodation.
A block of 30 by one bedroom fully furnished residential accommodation was also commissioned and it was named after late Corporal Timon PM, NAF00/20247, who died on January 27, 2012 while fighting insurgencies in the Operation Zaman Lafiya.
Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria Banks missing among Africa’s best
- Buhari bears fangs, finally replies Obasanjo
- CBN retains interest rate at 14%
- Metuh’s lawyer back to court after withdrawing as his counsel
- Police close in on remaining 2 gang leaders of Offa bank robbery after arresting two
- Nigerian cult group driving sex trafficking trade in Italy
- Focus on getting fundamentals right for the Future readiness of our children
- APC paralle Congresses: Bindow, Boss, Nyako, Babachir and matters arising in Adamawa
- How FG failed in its promise to unbundle NNPC
- Maritime industry present great opportunity for economic rebirth, says Dakuku Peterside
- Maintenance, repair, overhaul facilities will boost aviation industry – Minister
- MasterCard Foundation to empower 30m young Africans
- Tackling the Unemployment situation in Africa by boosting Future readiness
- Ensure peace, security in your communities – Ambode urges Traditional Rulers
- Smugglers make $500m smuggling people into US
- Lagos Police Command nab cybercrime kingpin
- Rising crude oil price fails to boost Nigeria’s economy
- Army, Police contain IPOB threat to Ohaneze’s summit on restructuring
- Herdsmen killings: Christian Network raises alarm of looming anarchy
- Police nab Offa robbery key suspects
- Presidential race 2019: Obasanjo takes anti-Buhari campaign to Afenifere Leader, Fasoranti
- Tinubu mandates new APC Executive in Lagos to promote unity
- Top Healthy Snacks For Kids
- Boko Haram still control parts of North East Nigeria
- Buhari to receive 2018 budget this week – Reps
- $15 million: Jonathan’s suit against EFCC stalled
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity