– The NAF under the current Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, takes the welfare of its personnel very seriously and those who paid the supreme price in service of the nation are not forgotten
– The CAS says the prioritization of personnel welfare is crucial to the sustenance of their morale
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has reiterated the commitment of the current Nigerian Air Force (NAF) leadership to improving the welfare of NAF personnel, particularly those participating in the ongoing counter insurgency operation in the North-east and other Internal Security operations across the country.
The CAS gave the assurance on Friday, January 12, while commissioning some additional residential accommodation at the NAF Base, Bill Clinton Drive, Abuja.
The CAS was represented by the Chief of Administration at the Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Mahmoud Ahmed at the event. Photo credit: NAF
According to him, the prioritization of personnel welfare is crucial to the sustenance of their morale in an effort to effectively address the current security challenges in the country.
Air Marshal Abubakar, who was represented at the occasion by the Chief of Administration at the Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Mahmoud Ahmed, stated that personnel welfare and other logistics requirements would continue to receive priorities within the limited available resources.
The newly built residential quarters for NAF personnel. Photo credit: NAF
He also expressed his belief that this would further motivate personnel and enhance their combat readiness.
“These projects on the Base attest to our resolve to react to the dynamic nature of personnel needs for accommodation, as we have undertaken similar projects here on several occasions in the past two years,” the CAS said.
The newly built accommodation, which includes a block of 6 units of 2-bedroom flats transit quarters for commissioned officers and another block of 18 units of 2-bedroom flats for non-commissioned officers were named after late Group Captain Usman Danliti Abubakar and late Flight Sergeant Bolorunduro Raphel respectively.
This was done as a mark of honour to immortalize the 2 late NAF personnel who died while actively serving the nation.
Some of the beneficiaries of the apartments receiving their keys. Photo credit: NAF
Late Group Captain Abubakar died as a result of an aircraft accident in May 2009 during a training mission in Rigachukwu, Kaduna while FS Bolorunduro was killed in action during Operation Zaman Lafiya in the North-east.
The ceremony also witnessed the presentation of keys to some of the beneficiaries of the new accommodation.
A block of 30 by one bedroom fully furnished residential accommodation was also commissioned and it was named after late Corporal Timon PM, NAF00/20247, who died on January 27, 2012 while fighting insurgencies in the Operation Zaman Lafiya.
Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 4 University Students Die After Fatal Accident Inside The Campus
- Arewa Youths Back Saraki, Caution Oshiomhole On Utterances
- 2019: Photos From Dankwambo's Visit To Obasanjo
- Quitting Super Eagles: Uncovering why Victor Moses takes a bow, premature departure
- Breaking: Victor Moses retires
- Kante: ‘World Cup achievements, beyond my dreams’
- Saraki considers running against Buhari in 2019
- Arthur, the new Barcelona’s Xavi Hernandez
- Ramos mocks Jurgen Klopp’s record in cup finals
- Eden Hazard verus Mesut Ozil ahead of EPL clash
- Guendouzi: Arsenal can win EPL title
- Give us courts to develop beach soccer— Nimrod begs el-Rufai
- Osinbajo to meet NFF President over crisis
- 018 NYG: Team Oyo picks 4 slots at S/west zonal eliminations
- INEC Chairman Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate (Photos)
- Landlord Who Led Armed Robbers To Rob Neighbour Arrested
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku