On the internet, so many negative things are said about me, but I didn’t lose weight because of people
Ace Nigerian comedienne, Lepacious Bose, who shocked us all with her weight loss last year, in an interview with The Telegraph, talked about the challenges she’s been facing following her new look.
According to Lepacious Bose, she didn’t lose weight because of people nor because she needed attention.
On dropping from size 32 to a size 14 Lepacious Bose also said;
Recall that last year, Lepacious Bose in an interview disclosed what inspired her decision to lose weight. She said;
‘On the internet, people said so many negative things about me. At the time, I kept asking myself if what I did was wrong. I had to learn how people’s opinion should not define me. It was a shaky time for me. So, it was important to address why I did what I did. I knew I didn’t lose weight because of people. I knew it wasn’t because I wanted attention that I shed all that fat. It was because of me’ she said .
‘ Someone asked me why I decided to lose weight. He said I was making lots of money with my former weight as a comedian. I was like, ‘O yes, I was making a lot of money as a comedian, however, I needed to lose weight for a number of reasons. This person put the story out, saying I was making more money when I was fat than now that I am slim. It made me look ridiculous. I was upset. To be honest, I cried. Until I realised that people’s opinion should not define me’.
Nothing really, it’s just time. Like I noted on my Instagram, I was in Namibia, my little nephew came into the room when I was sleeping. He said I was breathing somehow and was worried that my heart is going to stop on day. He was just 10-year-old so that was the turning point. For a 10-year-old to say that and then told me I will soon die. This is a child that has never told me that I was fat. When something like that comes from a child you are forced to take a closer look. So I decide to take a closer look at things as they are and I realized that it was time to take my weight loss more serious than I had taken it in the past.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- I wasn’t an absentee student at UNILAG – Odunlade Adekola
- Coalition, NewPDP insist PDP must change name to join alliance
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Oyegun, House Speaker Shun APC Congress In Edo State
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants