Some residents of Benue stet have continued to protest the brutal killing of their kinsmen on January by persons suspected Fulani herdsmen.
This is even as Gov Samuel Ortom on Saturday appealed to the protesters in some parts of Makurdi, the state capital, to remain calm and directed security operatives to restore order.
Gov. Ortom, made the call in a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and ICT, Mr Tahav Agerzua in Makurdi.
The governor strongly condemned the protests in some parts of the state capital and directed all security operatives especially, the Commissioner of Police Mr Bashir Makama, to ensure restoration of order in the affected areas.
“The governor appeals to residents to remain calm and report any breach of peace to security agencies for necessary action.
“The state has suffered too much losses in terms of human lives and property and cannot afford another round of crisis.
“The Police should arrest those who cause trouble whoever they are, investigate the causes of the protests, and prosecute those responsible for breach of the peace,” Ortom directed.
He assured Benue people that efforts would be intensified with the collaboration of the relevant security agencies to restore peace and order to all parts of the state.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nobody wants Nigeria suspended —Giwa
- Who is Victor Moses? — Segun Odegbami
- Ndidi signs a new six-year contract with Leicester City
- Barca director hints they haven’t given up on Pogba
- Atiku, Ben Bruce react to demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Acadeny for Stars expelled, fined
- How NFF escaped FIFA ban
- Army investigates female soldier for brutalizing niece
- After a year in coma, footballer wakes up
- Microsoft uncovers more hacking attempts
- Another senator docked for N245m fraud
- Ayefele’s Building Demolition: Both Sides State Their Case
- Man Stabs His 2 Younger Brothers To Death Over Their Father's Property In Delta
- Two Women Nabbed For Buying Day-old Twins For N1.8m
- Woman Gets Married For The First Time At 60 (Photo)
- SHOCKING: CBN Officer Who Belonged To "Secret Society" Dies Mysteriously In Abuja
- Thrilling Things To Do This Holiday
- Gunmen Kill Popular Catholic Priest In Abuja
- You Didn't Build A Single Company In 8 Year, I've Built 9 In 3 Years - Udom replies Akpabio
- Strange Chemical Emission Fills The Air In Anambra Community, 7 Reportedly Dead
- Tinubu Not Happy with Buhari Govt., Supporting Him for His 2023 Ambition - Saraki
- Woman Arrested In Lagos For Pouring Hot Water On Maid
- Yahoo Boy Who Hit His Mum's Head In Desperation To Use Her For Money Ritual
- 5 Brilliant Nigerian Students Shine At World Robotics Competition
- NBS Denies Reports That Nigeria's Economy Is Still In Recession
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise