Transfer news: Conte urges Chelsea board to sign Sanchez, Man Utd plots £443m world record move for Neymar
Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte has recommended Arsenal striker, Alexis Sanchez to the Club’s executive board, Telegraph reports.
Conte fears that Manchester United and Manchester City are out to ‘kill’ Chelsea by signing the Chilean International this January.
He, however, urged the club to make a move for the forward.
“I think it is a good investment,’ Conte responded when asked about the speculation surrounding Sanchez.
“We are talking about a top player and you can buy him for a price not so high. The amount is around £20 million. Maybe a normal price for Alexis Sánchez is €80-90million. This is my opinion.
“I understand that the other teams try to kill the other teams and to anticipate the situation, and this is the real transfer market – not to wait until the last moment to buy the players. And I have great respect for the plan of the others because everyone tries to kill you.”
Manchester United have reportedly submitted a £25million offer to sign Sanchez and are understood to have overtaken City in the race to land the 29-year-old.
Meanwhile, Manchester United are eyeing a sensational move to sign Paris Saint-Germain star, Neymar, Le 10 Sport reports.
According to the France report, the Red Devils are preparing a €500m (£443m) bid in an attempt to lure the Brazilian to Old Trafford. Such a move would obliterate Neymar’s current world-record transfer.
The report also claims only United and Madrid have the funds to pull off such an audacious move.
Neymar, 25, completed a world-record £198million move from Barcelona to the French capital last summer and has scored 20 goals in his opening 22 appearances for PSG.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria Banks missing among Africa’s best
- Buhari bears fangs, finally replies Obasanjo
- CBN retains interest rate at 14%
- Metuh’s lawyer back to court after withdrawing as his counsel
- Police close in on remaining 2 gang leaders of Offa bank robbery after arresting two
- Nigerian cult group driving sex trafficking trade in Italy
- Focus on getting fundamentals right for the Future readiness of our children
- APC paralle Congresses: Bindow, Boss, Nyako, Babachir and matters arising in Adamawa
- How FG failed in its promise to unbundle NNPC
- Maritime industry present great opportunity for economic rebirth, says Dakuku Peterside
- Maintenance, repair, overhaul facilities will boost aviation industry – Minister
- MasterCard Foundation to empower 30m young Africans
- Tackling the Unemployment situation in Africa by boosting Future readiness
- Ensure peace, security in your communities – Ambode urges Traditional Rulers
- Smugglers make $500m smuggling people into US
- Lagos Police Command nab cybercrime kingpin
- Rising crude oil price fails to boost Nigeria’s economy
- Army, Police contain IPOB threat to Ohaneze’s summit on restructuring
- Herdsmen killings: Christian Network raises alarm of looming anarchy
- Police nab Offa robbery key suspects
- Presidential race 2019: Obasanjo takes anti-Buhari campaign to Afenifere Leader, Fasoranti
- Tinubu mandates new APC Executive in Lagos to promote unity
- Top Healthy Snacks For Kids
- Boko Haram still control parts of North East Nigeria
- Buhari to receive 2018 budget this week – Reps
- $15 million: Jonathan’s suit against EFCC stalled
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity