While most gospel artistes frown on featuring secular artistes in their songs; for popular gospel artiste, Tomi Favour, it is not a problem. However, she attached a condition to that possibility.
She told Saturday Beats, “I can feature a secular artiste only if their message is proclaiming the word of God; if they are saved and they acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord. But if that is not the message, light and darkness have no business working together.
“Money is not the issue. The message is. And unless the secular artiste is ready to sing about Jesus, or hear me sing about Jesus in their song, light and darkness have no business working together. If it were simply an instrumental, then often many artists regardless of their personal moral values can work on music. No one is hearing them. It is just the instrument like in an orchestra for a movie soundtrack.”
She told Saturday Beats that even though gospel music was not fetching her money, she was not fazed.
The US-based singer said, “I can’t speak for someone else or the entire gospel music industry. From my own experience, gospel music has not been lucrative. I spend money and work very hard to do what I do. I don’t really get paid but it doesn’t bother me too much because I don’t do it for the money.
“Of course, it would be nice if I become wealthy from doing what I love to do in the name of Jesus. But so far, I invest more in myself. I give away my talents and gifts freely.
“There are days when I’m tempted to be discouraged or wonder why I am pushing myself or pressuring my finances to do music outside of my nursing career. But I know it is my calling. So, I proceed with thanksgiving. Even when churches invite me to minister, many don’t consider paying. It is a service and it is not seen as a job; even though, you work hard to be where you are. It has not been lucrative.
“But I’m doing something that pleases God. I continue despite the hardships. According to God’s plan, whatever will happen will happen. As long as God is pleased with me and I make heaven, I know He will reward me. And He occasionally sends miracles through people that love Him to be a blessing to my life. But that’s only once in a while.”
Speaking on her recently released album, the singer said that she was overwhelmed by the positive feedback she had been receiving so far.
She has so far released two albums.
The singer said, “The response to my first album was an unexpected blessing to me. I produced it myself and was nervous about the quality, thinking it might not be well received.
“But several lives have been blessed by it. I still get messages from people about certain songs, specifically ministering to them. The response to the second album has also been amazing as lives have also been blessed. It is encouraging to me because I get messages from people about a song, which is speaking to their minds; their situations and helping them worship God from time to time. The words make sense to them.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out
- APC suspends Rochas Okorocha
- Arewa people are also Lagosians, deserve recognition – Balarabe
- Stakeholders rally support for Makinde,gives testimonies of quality representation
- NAPTIP goes after 20,0000 Nigerians girls trafficked to Mali
- Bank PHB: Atiku replies Buhari, APC
- 'Yahoo Boys' Busted... N300m Mansion, $49k Seized From Them
- Why Atiku Travelled To US - Peter Obi
- Woman Stabs Female Neighbour To Death In Lagos
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Young Soldiers On Their Way To Maiduguri To Fight Boko Haram
- Fayose Reacts To Atiku's Trip To America, Hits Buhari
- Family Of LASTMA Officer Who Was Murdered On Duty Get N10m Compensation
- Okorocha's Suspension By APC: Angry Reactions
- Buhari Govt Goes After Atiku, To Now Quiz Him For Corruption... Atiku calls it "Cock & Bull" Story
- Lagos Businessman Accused Of R*pe Cries Out, Commits Suicide
- CJN Onnoghen To Be Arrested? FG Asks Court To Sack Him
- Oshiomhole, El-Rufai Attack Atiku Over Trip To America
- Amaechi Replies Wike For Saying He Plotted CJN's Removal