While most gospel artistes frown on featuring secular artistes in their songs; for popular gospel artiste, Tomi Favour, it is not a problem. However, she attached a condition to that possibility.
She told Saturday Beats, “I can feature a secular artiste only if their message is proclaiming the word of God; if they are saved and they acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord. But if that is not the message, light and darkness have no business working together.
“Money is not the issue. The message is. And unless the secular artiste is ready to sing about Jesus, or hear me sing about Jesus in their song, light and darkness have no business working together. If it were simply an instrumental, then often many artists regardless of their personal moral values can work on music. No one is hearing them. It is just the instrument like in an orchestra for a movie soundtrack.”
She told Saturday Beats that even though gospel music was not fetching her money, she was not fazed.
The US-based singer said, “I can’t speak for someone else or the entire gospel music industry. From my own experience, gospel music has not been lucrative. I spend money and work very hard to do what I do. I don’t really get paid but it doesn’t bother me too much because I don’t do it for the money.
“Of course, it would be nice if I become wealthy from doing what I love to do in the name of Jesus. But so far, I invest more in myself. I give away my talents and gifts freely.
“There are days when I’m tempted to be discouraged or wonder why I am pushing myself or pressuring my finances to do music outside of my nursing career. But I know it is my calling. So, I proceed with thanksgiving. Even when churches invite me to minister, many don’t consider paying. It is a service and it is not seen as a job; even though, you work hard to be where you are. It has not been lucrative.
“But I’m doing something that pleases God. I continue despite the hardships. According to God’s plan, whatever will happen will happen. As long as God is pleased with me and I make heaven, I know He will reward me. And He occasionally sends miracles through people that love Him to be a blessing to my life. But that’s only once in a while.”
Speaking on her recently released album, the singer said that she was overwhelmed by the positive feedback she had been receiving so far.
She has so far released two albums.
The singer said, “The response to my first album was an unexpected blessing to me. I produced it myself and was nervous about the quality, thinking it might not be well received.
“But several lives have been blessed by it. I still get messages from people about certain songs, specifically ministering to them. The response to the second album has also been amazing as lives have also been blessed. It is encouraging to me because I get messages from people about a song, which is speaking to their minds; their situations and helping them worship God from time to time. The words make sense to them.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- IG of Police opposes demotion of officers by PSC Chairman
- 2019: Tinubu battles Amosun to regain South West leadership
- Pretty Lady Grabs Her Man Who Tries To Run In Pre-Wedding Photoshoot
- NERC to put limits on estimated billings
- Buhari explains why he bans 50 high-profile Nigerians
- You’re too arrogant, First Lady tells President
- Kalu speaks on his goal for Super Eagles
- Ocean Boys crown Champions Bayelsa Football League
- Leaked Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe Of Governor
- IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of Abuja Lady
- Kukah: How I Convinced Obasanjo To End Feud With Atiku
- Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban