The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, also known as Shittes, has reacted to the rumoured death of its leader, Sheikh El-Zakzaky.
IMN said the malicious information was meant to break its will and cause confusion, thereby allowing miscreants to seize the opportunity to turn their peaceful protests into violence.
This was part of a statement by Shittes’ spokesman, Ibrahim Musa, in Kaduna on Friday.
“Credible reports have confirmed that hoodlums have been commissioned by the authorities to foment trouble by burning tyres and properties in the course of our peaceful processions.
“Part of their evil plot involved spreading false news of the alleged death of our leader, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky due to illness on a fake Facebook page.
“They had hoped to achieve their mischievous aims by using that to wreck havoc and attribute same to a supposed reaction of members of the Islamic Movement.
“When all their evil machinations failed woefully, however, the security agents went wild and opened fire on our peaceful protesters demanding the immediate release of Sheikh Zakzaky to enable him attend to his deteriorating health while in the illegal detention of the Nigerian authorities.
“As a consequence of this brutality by the Police, two people were killed and scores were wounded.
“The police further arrested hundreds. Similarly yesterday, policemen had used live ammunition to stop the procession, injuring quite a number, including Sheikh Qasim Umar Sokoto.
“A journalist was bartered with clubs and sticks until his arm was broken by the police. Today the police were even more brutal in the attack on the peaceful protesters.
“This police fury followed their inability to cash on the effects of such fake news and reports they have circulated on social media to incite violence to discredit the Islamic Movement.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Gov Ganduje Bribe Video: EFCC Asked To Take Action
- Update On 24hours Curfew In Kaduna
- Friend Defrauds Man of N7m, Threatens To Kill Him & His Wife
- Minimum Wage: NLC, Organised Labour To Call Fresh Strike
- Popular King's Son Graduates As Overall Best At NDA (Pics)
- 19yrs Old Girl Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Photos)
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Angry APC Governors Heading To Abuja To Sack Him
- Tania Omotayo Weds Co-Restaurant Owner in Lagos (Photos)
- Amaechi Spotted Praying Seriously At Redeemed Church
- Nigerian Man, Okoloko Sworn In As Judge In US (Photos)
- How APC, Presidency Dribble Shehu Sani - Senator Ben Bruce
- Woman Leading Kidnap & Robbery Gang Finally Arrested
- Atiku Agrees To Give Office Of SGF To Yorubas
- Angry DPO Brutalises Innocent Man For Causing His Transfer
- Fayose In Lagos, Ready For His Court Trial Today
- I Won't Come Back To Face Trial In Court, says Nnamdi Kanu
- Senior Female Police Officer Kidnapped In Broad Daylight?
- Aisha Buhari Stops Oshiomhole From Entering Their House?
- How God Saved A Yong Lady From Ritualists
- Peter Obi Visits Ohaneze Ndigbo President (Photos)
- Update On Pastor Whose Corpse Was Found With Friend and A Married Woman
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Called Herself A "Queen" Over A Year Ago
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP