Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has approved the appointment of an oil magnate and philanthropist, Chief Tunde Afolabi, MFR, as the pioneer Chancellor of the state-owned Technical University, Ibadan.
Ajimobi in a statement made available to DAILY POST Friday evening by Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Olalekan Alli said that the appointment takes immediate effect.
The statement described the 67-year-old Oyo State indigene as a 1973 Geology graduate of the Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA; and holds a Master of Science in Geology from the Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
Afolabi is a major player in the oil industry, having worked with TEXACO Inc, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and Mobil USA INC. Dallas Texas, USA, before returning home to establish AMNI Production Company Limited, Lagos; a petroleum exploration outfit.
The new chancellor is a Fellow of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society; fellow, Science Association of Nigeria; fellow, Nigeria Association of Petroleum Explorationists and a proud recipient of the prestigious ECOWAS Distinguished Corporate Achievers Award.
Chief Afolabi is also a 2009 recipient of the Doctor of Technology (Honoris Causa) of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso; as well as Doctor of Geology (Honoris Causa) of the Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo in 2017.
He is a certified member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists; member of New Orleans Geological Society and an Active member of the Nigerian Association of Indigenous Exploration and Production Companies.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why I missed presidential debate – Buhari
- Jimoh Ibrahim’s mother burnt to death
- Experts chart focus for cyber security in 2019
- CJN Onnoghen Faces Big Challenge As FG Expands Probe
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Retired Generals Conspiring Against Buhari
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Pics Of Nigerian Captain & Pretty Fiancée
- Senior Lawyers To Tackle FG Over Action On CJN Onnoghen
- Nigerian Lady Goes With Her Mother To Pack Husband's Property After Collapsed Marriage
- Faces Of Alleged Top Yahoo Boys Nabbed With Porsche & Other Expensive Rides
- Nigerian Man Dies In Accident, A Day To His Wife's Burial
- How Customs, Police Officers Released Truck Load of Codein After Receiving Bribe
- Atiku Get To Debate Venue, Didn't See Buhari, Then Walk Away... Challenges Mr President
- Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Burnt To Death In Candle Fire
- Lagos Businessman Said To Have Committed Suicide Over R*pe Saga Is In Coma?
- Buhari, APC Frustrated Over Atiku's Trip To US - Party
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Police, Army, in show of force in Lagos
- Atiku challenge Buhari to open debate
- APC, PDP two bad sides of a coin, says Durotoye
- Atiku Arrives Nigeria From US, Received By Supporters (Photos)
- FG plots CJN Onnoghen removal ahead of trial
- APC Jos campaign boils over as Buhari takes back door out
- APC suspends Rochas Okorocha
- Arewa people are also Lagosians, deserve recognition – Balarabe
- Stakeholders rally support for Makinde,gives testimonies of quality representation
- NAPTIP goes after 20,0000 Nigerians girls trafficked to Mali
- Bank PHB: Atiku replies Buhari, APC
- 'Yahoo Boys' Busted... N300m Mansion, $49k Seized From Them
- Why Atiku Travelled To US - Peter Obi
- Woman Stabs Female Neighbour To Death In Lagos
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Young Soldiers On Their Way To Maiduguri To Fight Boko Haram
- Fayose Reacts To Atiku's Trip To America, Hits Buhari
- Family Of LASTMA Officer Who Was Murdered On Duty Get N10m Compensation
- Okorocha's Suspension By APC: Angry Reactions
- Buhari Govt Goes After Atiku, To Now Quiz Him For Corruption... Atiku calls it "Cock & Bull" Story
- Lagos Businessman Accused Of R*pe Cries Out, Commits Suicide
- CJN Onnoghen To Be Arrested? FG Asks Court To Sack Him
- Oshiomhole, El-Rufai Attack Atiku Over Trip To America
- Amaechi Replies Wike For Saying He Plotted CJN's Removal