Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has approved the appointment of an oil magnate and philanthropist, Chief Tunde Afolabi, MFR, as the pioneer Chancellor of the state-owned Technical University, Ibadan.
Ajimobi in a statement made available to DAILY POST Friday evening by Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Olalekan Alli said that the appointment takes immediate effect.
The statement described the 67-year-old Oyo State indigene as a 1973 Geology graduate of the Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA; and holds a Master of Science in Geology from the Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
Afolabi is a major player in the oil industry, having worked with TEXACO Inc, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and Mobil USA INC. Dallas Texas, USA, before returning home to establish AMNI Production Company Limited, Lagos; a petroleum exploration outfit.
The new chancellor is a Fellow of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society; fellow, Science Association of Nigeria; fellow, Nigeria Association of Petroleum Explorationists and a proud recipient of the prestigious ECOWAS Distinguished Corporate Achievers Award.
Chief Afolabi is also a 2009 recipient of the Doctor of Technology (Honoris Causa) of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso; as well as Doctor of Geology (Honoris Causa) of the Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo in 2017.
He is a certified member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists; member of New Orleans Geological Society and an Active member of the Nigerian Association of Indigenous Exploration and Production Companies.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria Banks missing among Africa’s best
- Buhari bears fangs, finally replies Obasanjo
- CBN retains interest rate at 14%
- Metuh’s lawyer back to court after withdrawing as his counsel
- Police close in on remaining 2 gang leaders of Offa bank robbery after arresting two
- Nigerian cult group driving sex trafficking trade in Italy
- Focus on getting fundamentals right for the Future readiness of our children
- APC paralle Congresses: Bindow, Boss, Nyako, Babachir and matters arising in Adamawa
- How FG failed in its promise to unbundle NNPC
- Maritime industry present great opportunity for economic rebirth, says Dakuku Peterside
- Maintenance, repair, overhaul facilities will boost aviation industry – Minister
- MasterCard Foundation to empower 30m young Africans
- Tackling the Unemployment situation in Africa by boosting Future readiness
- Ensure peace, security in your communities – Ambode urges Traditional Rulers
- Smugglers make $500m smuggling people into US
- Lagos Police Command nab cybercrime kingpin
- Rising crude oil price fails to boost Nigeria’s economy
- Army, Police contain IPOB threat to Ohaneze’s summit on restructuring
- Herdsmen killings: Christian Network raises alarm of looming anarchy
- Police nab Offa robbery key suspects
- Presidential race 2019: Obasanjo takes anti-Buhari campaign to Afenifere Leader, Fasoranti
- Tinubu mandates new APC Executive in Lagos to promote unity
- Top Healthy Snacks For Kids
- Boko Haram still control parts of North East Nigeria
- Buhari to receive 2018 budget this week – Reps
- $15 million: Jonathan’s suit against EFCC stalled
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity