Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has approved the appointment of an oil magnate and philanthropist, Chief Tunde Afolabi, MFR, as the pioneer Chancellor of the state-owned Technical University, Ibadan.
Ajimobi in a statement made available to DAILY POST Friday evening by Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Olalekan Alli said that the appointment takes immediate effect.
The statement described the 67-year-old Oyo State indigene as a 1973 Geology graduate of the Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA; and holds a Master of Science in Geology from the Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
Afolabi is a major player in the oil industry, having worked with TEXACO Inc, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and Mobil USA INC. Dallas Texas, USA, before returning home to establish AMNI Production Company Limited, Lagos; a petroleum exploration outfit.
The new chancellor is a Fellow of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society; fellow, Science Association of Nigeria; fellow, Nigeria Association of Petroleum Explorationists and a proud recipient of the prestigious ECOWAS Distinguished Corporate Achievers Award.
Chief Afolabi is also a 2009 recipient of the Doctor of Technology (Honoris Causa) of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso; as well as Doctor of Geology (Honoris Causa) of the Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo in 2017.
He is a certified member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists; member of New Orleans Geological Society and an Active member of the Nigerian Association of Indigenous Exploration and Production Companies.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 4 University Students Die After Fatal Accident Inside The Campus
- Arewa Youths Back Saraki, Caution Oshiomhole On Utterances
- 2019: Photos From Dankwambo's Visit To Obasanjo
- Quitting Super Eagles: Uncovering why Victor Moses takes a bow, premature departure
- Breaking: Victor Moses retires
- Kante: ‘World Cup achievements, beyond my dreams’
- Saraki considers running against Buhari in 2019
- Arthur, the new Barcelona’s Xavi Hernandez
- Ramos mocks Jurgen Klopp’s record in cup finals
- Eden Hazard verus Mesut Ozil ahead of EPL clash
- Guendouzi: Arsenal can win EPL title
- Give us courts to develop beach soccer— Nimrod begs el-Rufai
- Osinbajo to meet NFF President over crisis
- 018 NYG: Team Oyo picks 4 slots at S/west zonal eliminations
- INEC Chairman Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate (Photos)
- Landlord Who Led Armed Robbers To Rob Neighbour Arrested
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku