One of the children of the Late Moshood Abiola, otherwise known as MKO, AbdulMumuni Abiola, has accused his brothers, Kola, Deji and Agboola of “playing god” with their late father’s properties.
In a statement on Friday, AbdulMumuni, who is the youngest child of the late Kudirat Abiola, said he was representing 40 other siblings.
He claimed that his life had been in danger because of his efforts to revive his late father’s abandoned projects, investments and properties.
AbdulMumuni said, “My brothers, sisters and I, totalling 40 children of Abiola, are not fighting with them. We don’t have a bone to pick with them.
“But we need to step out of the past and of our father’s shadow. Kola, Deji and Agboola have been peddling lies in the media about my efforts to bring about changes to the dwindling fortunes of the Abiola family.
“I am ashamed just like my other brothers and sisters that after MKO Abiola’s death, many of his legacies appear to be in a shambles.
“It shouldn’t be like that. That is not what MKO Abiola stood for while he was alive. I want the good people of Nigeria to prevail on Kola and his cohorts to stop using the police to harass me or those who are working with me to restore the lost glory of the Abiola family.”
The assets of the late business mogul and democracy icon have been a subject of rancour between Kola, the eldest son, and his siblings since their father’s death.
MKO Abiola, the winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, which has become known as the freest and fairest election in Nigeria, died on July 7, 1998, on the day he was released from a four-year detention sanctioned by late Head of State, Sani Abacha.
His wife, Kudirat, who fought the democratic battle on his side, had earlier been assassinated in 1996.
On Tuesday, four men were reportedly arraigned at a magistrate’s court for allegedly entering the late MKO Abiola’s bulk purchase bookshop in Oshodi, Lagos to steal properties valued at N1bn.
However, AbdulMumuni alleged that this was a “farce”
He said, “Every effort I have been making to renovate my father’s properties is not self-driven. It is for all my siblings and for the name of Chief MKO Abiola not to be dragged through the mud.
“Why should some people be sending thugs and miscreants after me and those working with me to renovate MKO Abiola’s properties? Why should that be? Do we have to wash our dirty linen in the public?
“Why should only a select few of Abiola’s children sit on our father’s properties? I am not even asking them to give me and my other siblings a share of the money-spinning companies of my father that they sit on.
“Our humble request is that they should allow me and my other siblings who are interested in renovating Abiola’s derelict properties. They should allow us to revive MKO Abiola’s abandoned projects.”
Saturday PUNCH had reached out to AbdulMumuni to confirm if the statement indeed emanated from him and he confirmed it did.
Saturday PUNCH also reached out to Kola for comment but an individual, who answered the call, explained that he would deliver the message to him and that he would call back.
When he never did, our correspondent tried to call him several times but the line was never answered.
He did not also respond to a text message sent to him.
Deji’s line was unavailable.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand
- Beware Of Six Factors That Ruin Marriages
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Meet In Aso Rock Over 2019
- Workers Running Out of Patience Over New Minimum Wage
- Shehu Sani Slams Governors Who Say They Can't Pay N30k
- My Vision For Better Nigeria Achievable - Buhari
- Married Female Banker Steals Customer’s N8Million In Abuja
- Why Atiku will not stay beyond 4 years as President- Aide
- Court orders Trump to restore press pass of CNN reporter
- Total National Division 1 dunks off November 27
- Volleyball: Nimrod attends FIVB Congress in Mexico
- FIFA approves Stephen Okechukwu Keshi Stadium, Asaba for Uganda friendly
- Rohr: Injuries, suspensions mean opportunities for others
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains