Chelsea boss Antonio Conte revealed on Friday that he had a narrow escape when winds blew a glass table top off a roof terrace and onto his car parked at the club’s training base.
The Italian expressed relief that nobody was hurt in the incident earlier this month at Chelsea’s Cobham training centre, southwest of London.
“It was an accident, an incredible accident,” Conte said. “I was having my lunch when this happened. The wind brought a big (piece of) glass on my car.
“If in that moment there is a person very close to my car, I don’t know what (might have) happened.”
Conte was able to laugh off the incident, saying the damage to his modest car was “the last thing” on his mind.
The Sun newspaper reported that the table top narrowly missed the club’s director of communications, Steve Atkins.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Peter Obi touched my heart
- Ronaldinho opens up on planned marriage to 2 girls same day in August
- What Klopp’s Liverpool have in common with Fergie’s United
- Behold, new coaches across clubs
- Liverpool Transfer: Shaming Suarez, Coutinho
- What’s new about Pochettino
- Aubameyang’s anti-Wenger statement
- Bad news for Real Madrid
- Salah dominates Liverpool vs Real Madrid combined XI
- Trouble in Liverpool’s camp
- SARS Officer Killed 10 Days After His Wedding (Photos)
- How To Kill SIN In Your Life To Avoid Destruction
- FACTS: Only $8b Released Between Obasanjo & Buhari for Power, there's no $16b
- Twin Brothers, Naval Officer Arrested For Robbery, R*ping
- Billionaire Businesswoman Alakija: My staff defrauded me millions
- FG Has Not Awarded Contract For 2nd Niger Bridge?
- I'm Privileged To Sleep In The Same Prison Bed Used By Obasanjo - Senator Jang
- Here Are Foods That Can Make You Age Faster
- 'Herdsmen' Slaughter Two People Returning From Catholic Priests' Burial?
- Peace Corps Bill Fails As House Of Reps Refuse To Veto Buhari
- Buhari Drops Okiro From Police Service Commission; Replaced By Ex-IGP Smith
- Father in prison for 'defiling' 4 daughters; says "I was manipulated'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Handball Forum passes vote of confidence on Federation
- Nigerian fans entertained at UEFA game with S.Eagles
- Budget Padding: Finally, court judgement favours Hon. Jibrin
- Nigeria’s Democracy Day celebration begins from mosque Friday
- Balogun joins English Premier League Club Brighton
- Highest goal scorer won’t sign Bulgaria FC
- NFF, LMC sign deals
- MTN Invests $1.8b in Telecoms Infrastructure in Nigeria
- Tourism, Lagos untapped goldmine – Lagos Speaker
- FAAC shares N701bn as ECA hits $1.911bn
- Oil slips further below $80 on talk of easing output curbs
- Court awards N10 million Damages against Zenith Bank
- Ekiti Deputy Speaker, Chief Whip impeached, replaced
- Calls, data hike hit telecom market
- Prof Akindele was my mentor, says OAU sex-for-mark victim
- Peace Corps bill dead finally
- Banks express reservations over 9Mobile viability