The first acclaimed film in the DC cinematic universe, Wonder Woman was easily the biggest surprise of 2017. One of the best things about the superhero flick was how it completely averted the male gaze and portrayed its women — mostly badass Amazons — as wholly strong and capable.
What's even cooler? One of the movie's badass Amazons was played by Nigerian heptathlete and physiotherapist, Moe Sasegbon — who also briefly reprised her role in the Justice League movie.
About three years ago, Sasegbon — who impressively started her career in athletics when she was just nine years old — made her first competitive debut for Nigeria at the 11th All African Games in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo.
Speaking with Pulse about how she got the part in Wonder Woman, Sasegbon said:
"I did an audition. There were first of all scouting for just tall athletic looking women, so I went for the audition.
I had to do three different auditions, where I had to do different fight scenes. I was with the sword and a shield, and I got called back and got the part."
About the experience of working on the film, Sasegbon continued:
"I can say it’s one of the most amazing things I have done till date. I was involved for about six months, that included training, like in the gym, and a bit of stunt training as well.
So they were trying to create Amazon warriors, so we had to look the part and train the part. We had to be strong enough to look like Amazonian warriors."
While Sasegbon said her focus is currently on athletics, she can see herself going for an action role sometime in the future — preferably in a Nollywood movie. "If Nollywood ventures into superhero and action movies, I think that would be really fun to do", she concluded.
TV taught me how to feel.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- IG of Police opposes demotion of officers by PSC Chairman
- 2019: Tinubu battles Amosun to regain South West leadership
- Pretty Lady Grabs Her Man Who Tries To Run In Pre-Wedding Photoshoot
- NERC to put limits on estimated billings
- Buhari explains why he bans 50 high-profile Nigerians
- You’re too arrogant, First Lady tells President
- Kalu speaks on his goal for Super Eagles
- Ocean Boys crown Champions Bayelsa Football League
- Leaked Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe Of Governor
- IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of Abuja Lady
- Kukah: How I Convinced Obasanjo To End Feud With Atiku
- Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban