The Commissioner for Finance, Alhaji Bola Oyebamiji, gave the assurance during a meeting with staff of the ministry on Friday in Osogbo.
Oyebamiji, however, said the payment of the full salaries would be determined by the availability of resources.
Civil servants were paid full in December 2017 salary on Jan. 10.
The workers have been receiving half salaries since July 2015.
Workers on Grade Levels 1 to 7, were been paid full salaries, levels 8 to 10 received 75 per cent, while levels 12 upwards collected 50 per cent of their salaries.
The commissioner said the full payment of the December salaries was a reflection of government’s determination and commitment to pay the backlog of salaries arrears when the economy improves.
Oyebamiji said that government used 91 per cent of the third tranche of the Paris Club refund to pay the December salaries.
He urged workers to be major revenue marshal of the government, saying “the Ministry of Finance is very important to the prosperity of the state’’.
“We must generate revenue for the state. We just paid full salary and the full salary was not paid from the allocation from the Federal Government.
“We therefore must work hard to generate more revenue for the state.
“It will be a cheat if you workers are paying your taxes as being deducted at source and you do not tell your neighbours who are operating hospitals or private schools to pay.
“I want to appeal to you to go out and work so that the government will be able to continue paying the salaries as at when due.
“Sustainability of the business of the government should be our target.
“It is my wish that we all work together to enable the government function well,’’ he said.
Oyebamiji said what government was getting from the federal allocation was no longer enough to pay salaries, saying workers must assist government in generating enough internally generated revenue.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- IG of Police opposes demotion of officers by PSC Chairman
- 2019: Tinubu battles Amosun to regain South West leadership
- Pretty Lady Grabs Her Man Who Tries To Run In Pre-Wedding Photoshoot
- NERC to put limits on estimated billings
- Buhari explains why he bans 50 high-profile Nigerians
- You’re too arrogant, First Lady tells President
- Kalu speaks on his goal for Super Eagles
- Ocean Boys crown Champions Bayelsa Football League
- Leaked Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe Of Governor
- IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of Abuja Lady
- Kukah: How I Convinced Obasanjo To End Feud With Atiku
- Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban