The Commissioner for Finance, Alhaji Bola Oyebamiji, gave the assurance during a meeting with staff of the ministry on Friday in Osogbo.
Oyebamiji, however, said the payment of the full salaries would be determined by the availability of resources.
Civil servants were paid full in December 2017 salary on Jan. 10.
The workers have been receiving half salaries since July 2015.
Workers on Grade Levels 1 to 7, were been paid full salaries, levels 8 to 10 received 75 per cent, while levels 12 upwards collected 50 per cent of their salaries.
The commissioner said the full payment of the December salaries was a reflection of government’s determination and commitment to pay the backlog of salaries arrears when the economy improves.
Oyebamiji said that government used 91 per cent of the third tranche of the Paris Club refund to pay the December salaries.
He urged workers to be major revenue marshal of the government, saying “the Ministry of Finance is very important to the prosperity of the state’’.
“We must generate revenue for the state. We just paid full salary and the full salary was not paid from the allocation from the Federal Government.
“We therefore must work hard to generate more revenue for the state.
“It will be a cheat if you workers are paying your taxes as being deducted at source and you do not tell your neighbours who are operating hospitals or private schools to pay.
“I want to appeal to you to go out and work so that the government will be able to continue paying the salaries as at when due.
“Sustainability of the business of the government should be our target.
“It is my wish that we all work together to enable the government function well,’’ he said.
Oyebamiji said what government was getting from the federal allocation was no longer enough to pay salaries, saying workers must assist government in generating enough internally generated revenue.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’
- Saraki, Dogara Reveal Why They're Not Reconvening NASS
- Man Who Abducted Lagos Schoolgirl Who's Sold Into Pros-titution Arrested, Opens Up
- Uber Driver Nabbed For Beating Up 'Runs Girl' In Lagos After S*x
- 2019: I’m Qualified, Not Desperate To Be President - Atiku
- Man Steals Company’s Products To Pay Medical Bill Of Wife
- SARAKI's TIME IS UP - Oshiomhole insists, gives strong condition
- Hacks For Dealing With Smelly Feet
- Female Corper Cries As Political Thugs Kidnap Her For Refusing To Rig Election
- Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce and Private Jet
- 2019: Presidency Reacts To "Pressure" On Buhari Not To Run
- Lecturer Sent To Prison For R*ping His Wife Sister's Daughter
- Saraki's Refusal To Reconvene NASS Generates Serious Tension
- Woman Who Survived Rivers Boat Accident: "I Have Nightmares Every Night"