By Boluwatife Ezekiel Olaleye
Six guest houses belonging to Nigerians have been burnt in recent attacks against Nigerians in Rustenburg, North West Province of South Africa, according to the Nigerian Union in South Africa.
“These attacks began on Sunday. Four Nigerians are in critical condition in the hospital. We also received a report that taxi drivers also beat a Nigerian woman and her child.
“We can also confirm that six guest houses belonging to our people were burnt by the drivers.
“We have not recorded any incident today. We have advised our people to remain indoors and ensure their safety.
“ As we speak, stakeholders comprising the police, taxi drivers and senior government officials are still in a meeting. The union was not allowed to be part of the meeting,” Nwanedo said.
The chairman said that the union was still taking stock of losses by Nigerians and would communicate to appropriate Federal government representatives in South Africa.
The taxi drivers went on the rampage following allegations that Nigerians sold drugs to a gang that attacked their members.
They also alleged that a Nigerian abducted and defiled a 16-year-old South African girl.
Nwando said the allegations were false and spurious.
“Our investigation so far showed that these allegations are false. No Nigerian has been arrested for alleged abduction or r*pe. The allegation of drugs selling to the gang is also untrue,” he said.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC is funding Ekiti election with Abacha loots – PDP declares
- Ekiti July 14: Jonathan uses own experience to warn Buhari against using federal might
- Police parade soldier, 14 others for armed robbery
- Oil prices slump as OPEC, Russia consider output boost
- Musa Asabe: Why Family told CAN to stay away from funeral arrangement
- What you must do to keep kids with asthma out of hospital
- UCL Final: 5 signs showing Liverpool to win
- Klopp plan to distort Madrid’s plan
- UCF Final: You won’t believe Man United Legends prayer
- Woman attacks chief magistrate inside court
- Messi makes UCL team despite his absence in the final
- Ronaldo or Salah: You won’t believe Ramos’ choice
- Jubilations as Edo PDP chieftains return home from detention
- Kwara sports commissioner gives players hope
- Simba delegation storms Nigeria with 28 players
- AIPS President arrives PH to witness foundation-laying of Rivers Football Academy
- Edo FA Aiteo Cup climaxes Saturday
- Judicial Council official testifies against dollar-rich judge
- Shehu Sani, Others Set To Dump APC
- Buhari Should Mind The Way He Use Power, I Was There Before – Jonathan
- Actress Omoge Campus & I Were Separated For 7 Years Before She Died, Not Divorced – Husband
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone
- Soldier Appreciates God For His Life After Serving 4 Years Fighting Boko Haram
- My Wife Never Asked What I Had To Offer Before She Said 'Yes' - Comic Actor Saka
- REVEALED: Senators, Reps Bribed With N17bn To Pass Budget — Okonjo-Iweala
- Cholera outbreak: Yobe records 223 cases at Mubi Hospital
- Fidelity Bank eyes tier 1 status, unveils 4-year strategic plan
- Aviation sector has improved under Buhari – Unions
- MTN introduces 17-digit recharge PIN
- Best Mediterranean Diet For Weight Loss & Heart Health
- UBA lifts restriction on cash withdrawals abroad, Naira cards
- Grandmother ‘sentenced to death’ for drug trafficking
- Investors shun Banks over rising NPLs
- NSE index dips as bear continues to weigh on stocks
- Naira loses steam, remains stagnant at parallel market
- NBC compounds Okorocha’s woes, shuts down Reach FM
- Obaseki stalls bail condition for PDP leader – Nehikhare
- Ambode receives Leadership Award
- I don’t want this player against Liverpool, Ronaldo tells Zidane