The talented Wunmi Mosaku, who won a 'Best Supporting Actress' BAFTA last year for her stunning work in BBC's Damilola, Our Loved Boy, will join Idris Elba in the fifth season of the Emmy-nominated crime drama, Luther.
Idris Elba will be returning as the brilliant but emotionally impulsive detective, John Luther — unarguably his best role and performance to date — while Mosaku will be playing brand new recruit, Catherine Halliday.
Wunmi Mosaku (Photo: Melan Mag)
According to a BBC statement about the fifth season, “as a series of monstrous killings becomes ever more audacious, Luther and new recruit D.S. Catherine Halliday are confounded by a tangle of leads and misdirection that seems designed to protect an unspeakable horror."
Mosaku has been having a pretty solid career rise over the past couple of years. In 2016, she starred in "Playtest" — one of the six episodes of Black Mirror's third season — and now she can be seen in Netflix's new acclaimed dramedy, The End of the F***ing World.
Speaking about the fifth season and Wunmi Mosaku, BBC’s drama chief, Piers Wenger said:
"It’s fantastic to have Idris Elba and the team back filming in London, and we are thrilled that the exceptional Wunmi Mosaku will be returning to BBC One to join this already stellar cast.
Neil Cross’ scripts for this fifth [season] of ‘Luther’ are explosive and fans won’t be disappointed.”
Luther's fourth season ended in 2015, with Idris Elba landing Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for his performance. While a premiere date for the fifth season has not been announced yet, filming has already begun in London.
Idris Elba in 'Luther' (Photo: BBC One)
TV taught me how to feel.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits
- Buhari writes to NASS, threatens to jail anybody found corrupt
- Buhari’s Kinsmen Pressurising Him To Reinstate Sacked Daura — Junaid Mohammed
- Police Headquarters To Conduct Psychiatric Test On SARS
- Craziest thing I’ve done was slapping my father – Femi Adebayo
- Killer Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Heavy Shoot Out
- PHOTOS: Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolished By Oyo Government
- Okorocha Facing Tough Times In Bid For His Son-in-Law
- I am not happy taking key players to foreign clubs –Coach Boboye
- I want NPFL to kick off —Coach Fidelis
- Kada City James Joseph, 3 others jet out for trials in Dubai, Turkey
- Club owners , others storm Imo for Heartland FC boss
- Wilder ready for Fury this year
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Top Tips For Pregnant Travellers
- Female Presidential aspirant, Eunice Atuejide suspended by party over "corruption"
- Nigerian Who Escaped Death Penalty In Malaysia, Re-Arrested
- Sad Tales Of Delta Schoolgirls Lured Into Pros-titution In Lagos
- Buhari Returns To Aso Rock, Moves To Take Action On Daura
- Where there are women, there will be evil – Actress Liz Anjorin
- Saraki, Dogara Plan Joint Session To Avert Impeachment?
- Tears Of Nigerian Journalists: The Gory Tales Under Buhari
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed