Former Nigeria’s Aviation Minister and Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Femi Fani-Kayode, has filed a N10 billion lawsuit against Sahara Reporters, an online news agency based in New York City, United States.
This comes after the online agency had alleged that the three-year-old marriage between former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, and Precious Chikwendu has hit the rocks and threatening to explode in dramatic fashion.
Sahara Reporters had alleged in its report that Fani-Kayode, accused the “federal government of planning to assassinate his wife.”
The malicious report added that “In reality, unknown to many Fani-Kayode had accused his wife of infidelity. The woman, disclosed family sources, is said to be pregnant with a set of triplets”.
Sahara Reporters had also stated in their report that the triplets’ pregnancy carried by Precious Chikwendu was not FFK’s as they linked the ownership to Chikwendu’s boyfriend, who may be inexistent after all.
Apparently displeased with the report, Fani-Kayode has taken Sahara Reporters to court, demanding an apology and the sum of ten billion Naira (10 billion).
According to a letter dated January 6, signed by Wale Balogun (Esq), addressed to the Publisher of Sahara Reporters, Mr Omoyele Sowore and shared with ALEDEH, Fani-Kayode is suing Sahara Reporters for slander, falsehood and defamation of himself and his immediate family.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC is funding Ekiti election with Abacha loots – PDP declares
- Ekiti July 14: Jonathan uses own experience to warn Buhari against using federal might
- Police parade soldier, 14 others for armed robbery
- Oil prices slump as OPEC, Russia consider output boost
- Musa Asabe: Why Family told CAN to stay away from funeral arrangement
- What you must do to keep kids with asthma out of hospital
- UCL Final: 5 signs showing Liverpool to win
- Klopp plan to distort Madrid’s plan
- UCF Final: You won’t believe Man United Legends prayer
- Woman attacks chief magistrate inside court
- Messi makes UCL team despite his absence in the final
- Ronaldo or Salah: You won’t believe Ramos’ choice
- Jubilations as Edo PDP chieftains return home from detention
- Kwara sports commissioner gives players hope
- Simba delegation storms Nigeria with 28 players
- AIPS President arrives PH to witness foundation-laying of Rivers Football Academy
- Edo FA Aiteo Cup climaxes Saturday
- Judicial Council official testifies against dollar-rich judge
- Shehu Sani, Others Set To Dump APC
- Buhari Should Mind The Way He Use Power, I Was There Before – Jonathan
- Actress Omoge Campus & I Were Separated For 7 Years Before She Died, Not Divorced – Husband
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone
- Soldier Appreciates God For His Life After Serving 4 Years Fighting Boko Haram
- My Wife Never Asked What I Had To Offer Before She Said 'Yes' - Comic Actor Saka
- REVEALED: Senators, Reps Bribed With N17bn To Pass Budget — Okonjo-Iweala
- Cholera outbreak: Yobe records 223 cases at Mubi Hospital
- Fidelity Bank eyes tier 1 status, unveils 4-year strategic plan
- Aviation sector has improved under Buhari – Unions
- MTN introduces 17-digit recharge PIN
- Best Mediterranean Diet For Weight Loss & Heart Health
- UBA lifts restriction on cash withdrawals abroad, Naira cards
- Grandmother ‘sentenced to death’ for drug trafficking
- Investors shun Banks over rising NPLs
- NSE index dips as bear continues to weigh on stocks
- Naira loses steam, remains stagnant at parallel market
- NBC compounds Okorocha’s woes, shuts down Reach FM
- Obaseki stalls bail condition for PDP leader – Nehikhare
- Ambode receives Leadership Award
- I don’t want this player against Liverpool, Ronaldo tells Zidane