– 403 soldiers, after completing a six-month training for military skills pass out at the training centre at Oshodi
– Minister of defence, Brig.-Gen Mohammed Dan-Ali (rtd) urges the soldiers to continue in their effort to ensure security and other within their various states
Four hundred and three soldiers, who have completed a six-month training in new skills have formally bowed out of the service.
The soldiers, comprising 281 from the Nigerian Army, 17 from the Nigerian Navy and 105 from the Nigerian Air Force were sent off at a passing-out ceremony held at the Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre, NAFRC, in Oshodi, Lagos.
The ceremony was attended by the Minister of Defence, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Dan-Ali (rtd) who urged them to continue to contribute their quota towards surmounting threats to lives and property within their domiciled area.
He said: “You are all aware of the security challenges confronting our country, particularly insurgency in the north east, cattle rustling, kidnappings, pipeline vandalism and other criminal activities across the country.
“Be reminded that as retired personnel of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, much is still expected of you in contributing your quota towards surmounting any threat to lives within your area of domicile.
“This will go a long way in curtailing these vices in order to enhance safety and security which is essential for meaningful socio-economic development as well as peaceful co-habitation and existence.”
He said: “The Federal Government is not relenting in its effort to improve the welfare of both serving and retired personnel and to effectively stem the tide of corruption.
“I enjoin you to key into this laudable stride towards building our democratic values and sustainable national development.”
The minister commended NAFRC for its relentless efforts in pre-retirement training.
The defense minister also noted:“There is no doubt that the last six months must have been quite interesting for you.
“Your successful completion of the course is a testament of your determination and discipline which you must have acquired while in active service.
“Let me point out that the essence of attending the pre-retirement course is to prepare and give you the necessary rudiments for a speedy reintegration back to civil life after gallantry service to your fatherland.
“Our general expectation is that after this stage, you are going to comfortably enjoy your post service life to reflect the level of knowledge and skill you have acquired.”
The minister urged the commandant to continue with the laudable initiatives for high quality human resource development that would be gainful to officers and the society at large.
He also urged the retired personnel to be obedient to constituted authority while contributing to the progress of their community.
The soldier was serving in Operation Lafiya Doyle. Godwin was charged with murder, punishable under Section 106 (a) of Armed Forces Acts (Cap A20), Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004.
A statement by the deputy director of the 7 Division army public relations, Kingsley Samuel, said the civilians were earlier rescued by troops of the soldier’s battalion.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 3 Nigeria FIFA referees for CAF Women Nations Cup
- Akusho wins Lagos Women Run
- Niger Tornadoes recruit fifteen players
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nigerian Prince Who Scammed People In US Appears In Court, Begs To Go Home (Photos)
- Hoodlums vandalise 18 vehicles, rob traders openly in Lagos
- Millionaire Chief Bademosi's "Killer" Arraigned, Sent To Prison
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Multiple Car Crashes In Abuja, Four Confirmed Dead
- Woman Loses Her Life Savings To Native Doctor Out Of Greed
- Fayose Hosts Peter Obi In His Lagos Home (Photos)
- Young Lady Drugged, R*ped In Lagos By Man She Refused
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Nigeria Customs Service lift Volleyball Premier League titles
- 5 things women said when they saw this man’s giant tongue
- UK, Nigeria on war path over Diezani loot
- 2019: Tension in Sokoto as INEC omits Tambuwal on governorship List
- SERAP to EFCC, ICPC: Probe corruption in APC, PDP primaries
- 2019: How Buhari plots to block Atiku from moving funds
- Emefiele defends anchor borrowers’ scheme
- 9mobile finally gets new owners
- Court insists Ganduje can’t be probed
- APC national vice chairman sacked; headquarters reacts
- Nigerian Couple In Lovely Village-themed Pre-wedding Photos
- Court Revokes Uzor Kalu's Bail, Orders His Arrest
- Wike & His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head During Prayer
- Ibrahim Magu Dodges Question On Ganduje Bribery Video
- Young Girl Who Lives In Lagos Trash Site Finally Gets Help
- PHOTOS: Man Stealing Female Panties Caught Red Handed
- Boss Who Killed Fuel Station Manager Over N40k Arrested
- EFCC Asked To Investigate Bribery Case Against Oshiomhole
- Pics From Actress Linda Ejiofor & Ibrahim Suleiman Wedding
- See What Buhari's Education Minister Said About ASUU When He Wasn't A Minister
- Another Nigerian Bank on brinks of collapse
- Don’t bet on Naira’s devaluation soon, says CBN
- How APC governorship candidate was arrested for corruption
- Stop playing politics with Nigeria’s budget, Olujimi tells Presidency