– 403 soldiers, after completing a six-month training for military skills pass out at the training centre at Oshodi
– Minister of defence, Brig.-Gen Mohammed Dan-Ali (rtd) urges the soldiers to continue in their effort to ensure security and other within their various states
Four hundred and three soldiers, who have completed a six-month training in new skills have formally bowed out of the service.
The soldiers, comprising 281 from the Nigerian Army, 17 from the Nigerian Navy and 105 from the Nigerian Air Force were sent off at a passing-out ceremony held at the Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre, NAFRC, in Oshodi, Lagos.
The ceremony was attended by the Minister of Defence, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Dan-Ali (rtd) who urged them to continue to contribute their quota towards surmounting threats to lives and property within their domiciled area.
He said: “You are all aware of the security challenges confronting our country, particularly insurgency in the north east, cattle rustling, kidnappings, pipeline vandalism and other criminal activities across the country.
“Be reminded that as retired personnel of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, much is still expected of you in contributing your quota towards surmounting any threat to lives within your area of domicile.
“This will go a long way in curtailing these vices in order to enhance safety and security which is essential for meaningful socio-economic development as well as peaceful co-habitation and existence.”
He said: “The Federal Government is not relenting in its effort to improve the welfare of both serving and retired personnel and to effectively stem the tide of corruption.
“I enjoin you to key into this laudable stride towards building our democratic values and sustainable national development.”
The minister commended NAFRC for its relentless efforts in pre-retirement training.
The defense minister also noted:“There is no doubt that the last six months must have been quite interesting for you.
“Your successful completion of the course is a testament of your determination and discipline which you must have acquired while in active service.
“Let me point out that the essence of attending the pre-retirement course is to prepare and give you the necessary rudiments for a speedy reintegration back to civil life after gallantry service to your fatherland.
“Our general expectation is that after this stage, you are going to comfortably enjoy your post service life to reflect the level of knowledge and skill you have acquired.”
The minister urged the commandant to continue with the laudable initiatives for high quality human resource development that would be gainful to officers and the society at large.
He also urged the retired personnel to be obedient to constituted authority while contributing to the progress of their community.
The soldier was serving in Operation Lafiya Doyle. Godwin was charged with murder, punishable under Section 106 (a) of Armed Forces Acts (Cap A20), Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004.
A statement by the deputy director of the 7 Division army public relations, Kingsley Samuel, said the civilians were earlier rescued by troops of the soldier’s battalion.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants