The federal government had told the contractor, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) to complete the rail project by December 2018 as against the March 31, 2019 initial completion date.
NAIJ.com tour to the project sites at Ijoko, Itori, Afofowa and Papalanto all in Ewekoro local government area of Ogun state indicates that the challenges of gas pipeline and military, Jibowu and Constain overhead bridges Lagos state will not deter the current administration ahead of the December 2018 completion deadline.
Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, during the recent inspection of Lagos-Ibadan rail line.
The transportation minister during the recent inspection of the ongoing Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail line in Papalanto, said he was impressed with the level of ongoing construction work.
During the tour Amaechi also spoke about the intention of the contractor, to demolish the two bridges to give way to the new rail line.
The contractor, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) is scheduled to complete the rail project by December 2018.
Though the new bridges would be immediately constructed, the Lagos State Government had then suggested digging further into the ground to accommodate the new rail track to be laid under the bridges.
He had disclosed that the laying of tracks for the 150-kilometer Lagos- Ibadan standard gauge railway project would commence in April 2018.
The new Lagos-Ibadan railway project passes through Abeokuta in Ogun state to Ibadan in Oyo state.
Construction work ongoing at one of the sites in Ogun state
The project contractor commenced work on June 1, 2017, and March 31, 2019 was stated as the completion date.
The minister reiterated that the railway project would be completed by December 2018 so the President can commission the rail and take a ride to Ibadan January 2019.
See more photos below:
The minister of transport says laying of tracks will start by April 2018.
Another construction site in Ewekoro local government area of Ogun state.
The new Lagos-Ibadan railway will pass through Abeokuta to Ibadan.
Rotimi Amaechi gives a summary of the Buhari Administration on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution