The federal government had told the contractor, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) to complete the rail project by December 2018 as against the March 31, 2019 initial completion date.
NAIJ.com tour to the project sites at Ijoko, Itori, Afofowa and Papalanto all in Ewekoro local government area of Ogun state indicates that the challenges of gas pipeline and military, Jibowu and Constain overhead bridges Lagos state will not deter the current administration ahead of the December 2018 completion deadline.
Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, during the recent inspection of Lagos-Ibadan rail line.
The transportation minister during the recent inspection of the ongoing Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail line in Papalanto, said he was impressed with the level of ongoing construction work.
During the tour Amaechi also spoke about the intention of the contractor, to demolish the two bridges to give way to the new rail line.
The contractor, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) is scheduled to complete the rail project by December 2018.
Though the new bridges would be immediately constructed, the Lagos State Government had then suggested digging further into the ground to accommodate the new rail track to be laid under the bridges.
He had disclosed that the laying of tracks for the 150-kilometer Lagos- Ibadan standard gauge railway project would commence in April 2018.
The new Lagos-Ibadan railway project passes through Abeokuta in Ogun state to Ibadan in Oyo state.
Construction work ongoing at one of the sites in Ogun state
The project contractor commenced work on June 1, 2017, and March 31, 2019 was stated as the completion date.
The minister reiterated that the railway project would be completed by December 2018 so the President can commission the rail and take a ride to Ibadan January 2019.
See more photos below:
The minister of transport says laying of tracks will start by April 2018.
Another construction site in Ewekoro local government area of Ogun state.
The new Lagos-Ibadan railway will pass through Abeokuta to Ibadan.
Rotimi Amaechi gives a summary of the Buhari Administration on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Coalition protests in Ilorin in support of IGP Idris
- Story Of Woman Who Was "Sacked" For Giving Birth To Triplets
- Medical Doctor turned Thief defrauds car dealer N28m, arrested by Police in Lagos
- Olisa Metuh Collapses In Court, Judge Reacts Angrily
- Woman Drugs, Kidnaps Friend After Luring Her To Hotel In Lagos
- Obasanjo visits Afenifere leaders: "We have to rescue Nigeria"
- You must marry corpse of our daughter – family tells boyfriend
- Explore Nigeria With These Top Four Tour Operators
- Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians For Democracy Walk
- Dino Melaye: I Was Never Framed Up, Arraigned For Fighting GEJ
- Offa Robbery: Police Finally Nab Two Notorious Leaders
- Woman Rescued From Suspected Kidnappers, Ritualists In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo identifies 4 ways to prevent insecurity
- CBN calls on bankers to address challenges of fintech
- LASU VC reaffirms fairness, transparency, accountability to stakeholders
- Nigerian Govt inaugurates new website to bring governance closer to citizens
- Lagos hits N34bn monthly IGR – Ashade
- I regret supporting Saraki for Senate President – Ndume
- Northern youths urge Buhari, Atiku not to contest in 2019
- After 30 days in medical custody, Melaye healthy enough to lambast Aso Rock
- Ohaneze’s latest declaration will scare many politicians
- 15 Nigerian agencies failed to remit N8.1 trillion under Jonathan
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ‘Entrepreneurship Key To Poverty Alleviation’
- I Made First Class Despite Distractions - UNILAG’s valedictorian
- Female Suicide Bomber Captured Alive As Good Men Stop Her From Killing People
- I Sell My Guns To Anyone That Needs Them - Suspect opens up
- APC Moves To Stop Saraki, Dogara, Others From Leaving Party
- Presidency raises alarm: Rich & corrupt ganging up against Buhari
- Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 6 Teachers In Benue
- 'APC Government Planning To Assassinate Me' - Gov. Wike
- Fashola To Lagos Govt.: Provide Land For Housing
- Young Cultists Raining Havoc In Nigerian Schools (DETAILS)
- I Will Die! Woman tears her dress after herdsman destroys cassava farm she took loan to cultivate
- God Is All You Need
- Man Kills Girlfriend For Money Ritual, Stuffs Her Body Inside Bucket In Lagos
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot