– Donald Duke has stated that Nigeria cannot keep contracting jobs to foreigners while its own workers suffer
– The former Cross River governor stated that western countries award their contracts to indigenous companies, while the reverse is the case here
– He stressed that it would be a thing of pride if Nigerians build their own country, instead of allowing others do the job
Former governor of Cross River state, Donald Duke, has stated that Nigeria cannot keep contracting jobs to foreigners while its own contractors suffer, The Nation reports.
NAIJ.com gathers that Duke lamented that nothing would be passed to the next generation if Nigerians are not allowed to make mistakes and correct them.
Donald Duke (Photo credit: Daily Post)
He stated that unlike what is obtainable in western countries where contracts are awarded to indigenous firms to grow the economy, Nigeria’s case was the reverse.
Duke stated that Nigeria’s huge population was not being effectively exploited to produce advantages for the nation and its citizens.
In his words: “In the U.S., Europe, China, they give contracts to their own people. We cannot continue contracting our own jobs to foreigners.
“We have to make the mistakes and correct the mistakes; otherwise we will not pass anything to the next generation.
“It cannot be theory every time. It will be a thing of pride that we build our country, not others building it for us.”
Duke further revealed that a proposal stating that Nigeria assembles its own household items had not yet been actualized.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that Donald Duke declared his intention to run for the position of president of Nigeria, if the opportunity presents itself again.
Duke made this revelation at a programme, ‘The Nigerian Symposium for Emerging Leaders,’ which held in Lagos.
He revealed that he once aspired to the highest position in the country on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, but things did not work as planned.
Nigerians ask President Buhari for special Christmas gifts – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nobody wants Nigeria suspended —Giwa
- Who is Victor Moses? — Segun Odegbami
- Ndidi signs a new six-year contract with Leicester City
- Barca director hints they haven’t given up on Pogba
- Atiku, Ben Bruce react to demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Acadeny for Stars expelled, fined
- How NFF escaped FIFA ban
- Army investigates female soldier for brutalizing niece
- After a year in coma, footballer wakes up
- Microsoft uncovers more hacking attempts
- Another senator docked for N245m fraud
- Ayefele’s Building Demolition: Both Sides State Their Case
- Man Stabs His 2 Younger Brothers To Death Over Their Father's Property In Delta
- Two Women Nabbed For Buying Day-old Twins For N1.8m
- Woman Gets Married For The First Time At 60 (Photo)
- SHOCKING: CBN Officer Who Belonged To "Secret Society" Dies Mysteriously In Abuja
- Thrilling Things To Do This Holiday
- Gunmen Kill Popular Catholic Priest In Abuja
- You Didn't Build A Single Company In 8 Year, I've Built 9 In 3 Years - Udom replies Akpabio
- Strange Chemical Emission Fills The Air In Anambra Community, 7 Reportedly Dead
- Tinubu Not Happy with Buhari Govt., Supporting Him for His 2023 Ambition - Saraki
- Woman Arrested In Lagos For Pouring Hot Water On Maid
- Yahoo Boy Who Hit His Mum's Head In Desperation To Use Her For Money Ritual
- 5 Brilliant Nigerian Students Shine At World Robotics Competition
- NBS Denies Reports That Nigeria's Economy Is Still In Recession
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise