– Donald Duke has stated that Nigeria cannot keep contracting jobs to foreigners while its own workers suffer
– The former Cross River governor stated that western countries award their contracts to indigenous companies, while the reverse is the case here
– He stressed that it would be a thing of pride if Nigerians build their own country, instead of allowing others do the job
Former governor of Cross River state, Donald Duke, has stated that Nigeria cannot keep contracting jobs to foreigners while its own contractors suffer, The Nation reports.
NAIJ.com gathers that Duke lamented that nothing would be passed to the next generation if Nigerians are not allowed to make mistakes and correct them.
Donald Duke (Photo credit: Daily Post)
He stated that unlike what is obtainable in western countries where contracts are awarded to indigenous firms to grow the economy, Nigeria’s case was the reverse.
Duke stated that Nigeria’s huge population was not being effectively exploited to produce advantages for the nation and its citizens.
In his words: “In the U.S., Europe, China, they give contracts to their own people. We cannot continue contracting our own jobs to foreigners.
“We have to make the mistakes and correct the mistakes; otherwise we will not pass anything to the next generation.
“It cannot be theory every time. It will be a thing of pride that we build our country, not others building it for us.”
Duke further revealed that a proposal stating that Nigeria assembles its own household items had not yet been actualized.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that Donald Duke declared his intention to run for the position of president of Nigeria, if the opportunity presents itself again.
Duke made this revelation at a programme, ‘The Nigerian Symposium for Emerging Leaders,’ which held in Lagos.
He revealed that he once aspired to the highest position in the country on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, but things did not work as planned.
Nigerians ask President Buhari for special Christmas gifts – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand
- Beware Of Six Factors That Ruin Marriages
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Meet In Aso Rock Over 2019
- Workers Running Out of Patience Over New Minimum Wage
- Shehu Sani Slams Governors Who Say They Can't Pay N30k
- My Vision For Better Nigeria Achievable - Buhari
- Married Female Banker Steals Customer’s N8Million In Abuja
- Why Atiku will not stay beyond 4 years as President- Aide
- Court orders Trump to restore press pass of CNN reporter
- Total National Division 1 dunks off November 27
- Volleyball: Nimrod attends FIVB Congress in Mexico
- FIFA approves Stephen Okechukwu Keshi Stadium, Asaba for Uganda friendly
- Rohr: Injuries, suspensions mean opportunities for others
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains