– JAMB warned prospective candidates for the 2018 UTME to be wary of fake past questions in CDs
– The exam body says the circulated papers were “intended to dupe unsuspecting candidates’’
– The board said it had not authorised any individual or groups to do so on its behalf
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has warned prospective candidates for the 2018 UTME to be wary of fake past questions in CDs being circulated in the country.
JAMB, while disassociating itself from the circulated papers, said that the items were “intended to dupe unsuspecting candidates’’.
“The fake past questions in CD Rom entitled; “JAMB PRO CBT practice software for UTME” was purported to have emanated from JAMB in other to give credence to the products.
“This is also made by the producers to perpetuate their nefarious activities.
“JAMB wishes to dissociate itself from the production and sale of the fake CDs and warned the public to be vigilant and avoid being defrauded.’’
The board said it had not authorised any individual or groups to do so on its behalf.
It added that preliminary investigation conducted showed that the past questions were fake and had no iota of semblance to the board’s question papers in context, content or form.
“As a responsible and responsive organisation, we will not be part of any ploy to defraud innocent candidates.
“We have put machineries in motion to our outlets and service providers not to be used as channels of exploitation or distribution of such fake items.’’
The board reiterated its commitment to continuously ensure that candidates applying for its examination were not misled, while calling on them to also avoid fake online sites.
It, however, urged intending candidates to study hard for the examinations and channel all enquires to any of the board’s offices nationwide for any redress, challenges or information.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com reports that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) commenced its nationwide registration for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in over 700 centres.
The board’s registrar, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, in his advice to prospective candidates, warned that while they should beware of fraudulent operators, the date for registration will not be extended. He also said the application fee remains N5,000.
Applicants lament bitterly over JAMB registration hassles on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’
- Saraki, Dogara Reveal Why They're Not Reconvening NASS
- Man Who Abducted Lagos Schoolgirl Who's Sold Into Pros-titution Arrested, Opens Up
- Uber Driver Nabbed For Beating Up 'Runs Girl' In Lagos After S*x
- 2019: I’m Qualified, Not Desperate To Be President - Atiku
- Man Steals Company’s Products To Pay Medical Bill Of Wife
- SARAKI's TIME IS UP - Oshiomhole insists, gives strong condition
- Hacks For Dealing With Smelly Feet
- Female Corper Cries As Political Thugs Kidnap Her For Refusing To Rig Election
- Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce and Private Jet
- 2019: Presidency Reacts To "Pressure" On Buhari Not To Run
- Lecturer Sent To Prison For R*ping His Wife Sister's Daughter
- Saraki's Refusal To Reconvene NASS Generates Serious Tension
- Woman Who Survived Rivers Boat Accident: "I Have Nightmares Every Night"