– Col Onyema Nwachukwu said two bombers actually entered Pulka but that while one was killed, the other detonated the IED killing two people and injuring two others
– He said the security organisation sympathises with the families of the deceased
The Nigerian army has dismissed a report that six soldiers were killed recently in a bomb attack at an Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Pulka community of Gwoza local government area of Borno.
According to the military, the report is not only misleading, but fictitious the story which said the six soldiers were killed by Boko Haram insurgents in an ambush on Damboa Road.
The report said Nwachukwu disclosed that two bombers infiltrated Pulka town on Monday, December 11, and one of them was neutralised by the troops, while the other one detonated an Improvised Explosive Device (IEDs) in the town, killing two persons and injuring two others.
He further said that a military vehicle stepped on an IED device planted on Damboa Road on Sunday, noting that two soldiers lost their lives in the incident.
“The incident in Pulka occurred inside the town and not at the IDPs camp. The gallant troops neutralised one of the attackers even before causing harm to any one, while the other bomber detonated the explosive killing two persons and injuring two others.
“There was no ambush by the insurgents on our troops. The soldiers were involved in an IED explosion accident when their vehicle stepped on the device planted on the road.
“Two soldiers were involved in the incident; there was no ambush, no ammunition carted away or six soldiers killed, as being erroneously reported. It is a misrepresentation of facts,” he said.
NAIJ.com learnt that Nwachukwu said that the military authorities had sympathised with the victims of the bomb attack in Pulka, and reiterated its commitment to the protection of lives and property.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
“Security and peace building is a collective responsibility; I call on community and religious leaders to mobilise their people and cooperate with the military in the fight against insurgency.
“Boko Haram insurgents do not wear uniform to easily identify them. People must be vigilant to report suspicious persons and contribute to the restoration of peace in the region,” he said.
NAIJ.com earlier reported Channels Television as stating how not less than three people were on Monday, December 11, killed by Boko Haram terrorists while seven others sustained injuries at an Internally Displaced Persons’ camp in Pulka, Borno state.
The report said Pulka is a town in Gwoza local government of the state and which is 135 kilometres away from Maiduguri.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand