Education in Nigeria is developing very rapidly. The government is paying more attention to the development of the education system and especially to state universities. Some universities are owned by the federal government (federal universities). But in this article, we will review the best state universities in Nigeria. These are the ones that are owned and controlled by the respective state government.
Best state university in Nigeria in 2017 – Top 5
Lagos State University
LASU is a multi-campus university which was founded in 1984 and it is under the auspices of the Lagos State Government. The main campus is located in Ojo along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway. This university has over than 35,000 students. There are such faculties as art, social sciences, business administration, science, education and so on.
Rivers State University of Science and Technology
One of the best state universities in Nigeria is RSUST – a large institution that was founded in 1972. There are about 30,000 students. The motto of the University is “Excellence and Creativity”. You can study there such disciplines as arts, business administration, law, engineering and technology, education.
Benue State University
It is also a good state university in Nigeria. It is located in Makurdi. It also offers students an array of courses and faculties.
Enugu State University of Science and Technology
The next one of our university ranking in Nigeria is ESUT. The institution aims to produce useful and productive members of the society.
Kwara State University
It was established under the administration of Dr. Bukola Saraki on 2009. is the 77th university to be registered by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC). It is one of the most recognized state institutions in Nigeria. Interestingly enough, it’s actually one of the most recent institutions as it was only established in 2009. It offers its students a well-developed infrastructure for education and aims to educate and inspire future leaders.
Those are the top best universities in Nigeria. They have large libraries and strive to offer their students the very best. State universities in Nigeria receive huge support from the government. They do their best to compete with not just their federal counterparts but also with international higher institutions.
Education in Nigeria has experienced several stages of progress: the first stage began with the complete transformation of the education system, in which traditional customs and some Western technologies were mixed. The next step was the introduction of English as a compulsory language and subject for study. At the moment, the country has succeeded in producing some real professionals and graduates, so the situation with education in Nigeria is very hopeful.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand
- Beware Of Six Factors That Ruin Marriages
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Meet In Aso Rock Over 2019
- Workers Running Out of Patience Over New Minimum Wage
- Shehu Sani Slams Governors Who Say They Can't Pay N30k
- My Vision For Better Nigeria Achievable - Buhari
- Married Female Banker Steals Customer’s N8Million In Abuja
- Why Atiku will not stay beyond 4 years as President- Aide
- Court orders Trump to restore press pass of CNN reporter
- Total National Division 1 dunks off November 27
- Volleyball: Nimrod attends FIVB Congress in Mexico
- FIFA approves Stephen Okechukwu Keshi Stadium, Asaba for Uganda friendly
- Rohr: Injuries, suspensions mean opportunities for others
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains