A civilian militia supporting the military in the 9-year war against the Boko Haram sect has left 6 people dead following a surprise attack.
Updates from the attack of last Friday by suspected members of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, left no fewer than six members of the local vigilante called civilian joint task force, CJTF dead, while one of the suspected bombers also died in the explosion.
This was confirmed on Monday, by members of the civil society organisation and officials of some international non-governmental organisations, who visited the area.
“Seven people were killed and several injured in the attack. Boko Haram came in two pickup trucks and fired an RPG into the camp from behind the rear fence. The explosion was followed by suicide bomber, who attacked the International School Camp through the back axis of Wulgo/Zannari wall, unfortunately killed 6 CJTFs on duty plus the bomber,” an official Ibrahim Ado said.
According to him, it took the swift intervention of the military to repel the attackers, otherwise the situation would have been bloodier.
”The injured were evacuated at the weekend with the dead to Maiduguri. For now, normalcy has return to the camp, but we have called for more security presence in the camp,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention
- Lawmakers playing Oliver Twist with 2018 budget – Presidency
- DSS Takes Over Detained Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House
- Soyinka hammers Obasanjo, CNM at interational press gathering
- Lady Flees With Man’s ATM After S*x In Lagos, Withdraws N1m
- Presidency Fires Back At Senate, Reps FOR Padding 2018 Budget "Recklessly"
- Delegates Involved In Accident On Their Way To APC Convention
- NCC expects release of new price for data
- Nigeria opposes boost in crude oil supply
- Nigeria uses N643.6bn to service domestic debt in Q1 2018
- NPA MD Charges Industry Stakeholders on Investment, as MV OSANYAMO is Commissioned
- Senators seek SON return to seaport
- How Osinbajo escaped death after visit to Customs College
- LCCI calls for review of import duty
- Customs inaugurates 20 anti-rice smuggling patrol vehicles
- NIMASA’s floating dock arrives Lagos waters
- Three docked for stealing 700 bags of maize
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Five Foods To Eat When You Are Constipated
- Poisonous Rice Depot Uncovered, Over 1000 Bags Confiscated
- Lagos Police Commissioner 'Paraded Innocent Man' As Cultist?
- APC Convention: Tough Contest For Some Key Offices Today
- Faces Of Men Who Killed NNPC Staff After Collecting Millions
- Military retires 320 soldiers