A civilian militia supporting the military in the 9-year war against the Boko Haram sect has left 6 people dead following a surprise attack.
Updates from the attack of last Friday by suspected members of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, left no fewer than six members of the local vigilante called civilian joint task force, CJTF dead, while one of the suspected bombers also died in the explosion.
This was confirmed on Monday, by members of the civil society organisation and officials of some international non-governmental organisations, who visited the area.
“Seven people were killed and several injured in the attack. Boko Haram came in two pickup trucks and fired an RPG into the camp from behind the rear fence. The explosion was followed by suicide bomber, who attacked the International School Camp through the back axis of Wulgo/Zannari wall, unfortunately killed 6 CJTFs on duty plus the bomber,” an official Ibrahim Ado said.
According to him, it took the swift intervention of the military to repel the attackers, otherwise the situation would have been bloodier.
”The injured were evacuated at the weekend with the dead to Maiduguri. For now, normalcy has return to the camp, but we have called for more security presence in the camp,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- How Heartless Okada Man Secretly Killed His Benefactor
- ASUU and FG To Meet Today To End Strike
- Drama As Man Caught Stealing Is Forced To Drink Alcohol
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola