A civilian militia supporting the military in the 9-year war against the Boko Haram sect has left 6 people dead following a surprise attack.
Updates from the attack of last Friday by suspected members of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, left no fewer than six members of the local vigilante called civilian joint task force, CJTF dead, while one of the suspected bombers also died in the explosion.
This was confirmed on Monday, by members of the civil society organisation and officials of some international non-governmental organisations, who visited the area.
“Seven people were killed and several injured in the attack. Boko Haram came in two pickup trucks and fired an RPG into the camp from behind the rear fence. The explosion was followed by suicide bomber, who attacked the International School Camp through the back axis of Wulgo/Zannari wall, unfortunately killed 6 CJTFs on duty plus the bomber,” an official Ibrahim Ado said.
According to him, it took the swift intervention of the military to repel the attackers, otherwise the situation would have been bloodier.
”The injured were evacuated at the weekend with the dead to Maiduguri. For now, normalcy has return to the camp, but we have called for more security presence in the camp,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- This, among others can cause bed-wetting in adults
- Lawmakers tackles Ambode over Cleaner Lagos Initiative
- Financial infractions: NHIS Board suspends Yusuf indefinitely
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on steady decline
- Man Utd won’t win title with Lukaku
- Chelsea determined not to let Hazard join Real
- Akpabio tackles Saraki
- Police, robbers in gun battle, 2 dead
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash
- Secret of Ighalo’s goal scoring form
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Atiku Commiserates With Abia Pipeline Explosion Victims, Donates N10million
- Assassination? Innoson Chairman Lawyer Shot 3 Times (Pics)
- Akpabio Warns Saraki: Resign Now Or We Force You Out