New details have emerged on the messy separation drama that has been going on between Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh and Olakunle Churchill; they will both be appearing in court, as the actress has sued her ex-husband.
Tonto shared this information on television during an interview session on the a programme called ‘Rubbin’ Minds’, hosted by Ebuka Obi-Uchendu. However, she only revealed few details about her fight with Churchill.
It has been known for quite a while now that the relationship between the duo has deteriorated with no hope of reconciliation; especially since Tonto Dikeh has accused him severally of acts of domestic violence against her.
Here are the major highlights of their rocky relationship so far:
- Tonto met him in one of the nightclubs in Lagos about 2 and half years ago; then a party was being held to celebrate his brother’s birthday.
- Within six months, the actress got pregnant for him and the lovers got married.
- In February, the public learned that their 17-month marriage was not as happy and loving as it seemed to be.
- She finally left the family house her son in 2017.
About 6 weeks ago, the internet was bombarded with a video where Tonto was seen attacking her ex-husband. The information spread with great speed despite the fact that the actress threatened to sue journalists and bloggers who distributed the video on social networks.
A few hours after, Tonto’s law firm released a statement asking that the 19-seconds video which had no audio be brought down from pages where it was shared, considering it had no sound, which made it impossible to actually understand what was really going on.
No more scandals
Even though the Nollywood diva did not touch the topic of her broken marriage during her last interview, she discussed other events that have come up after her marriage crashed and her current projects.
She also insisted that there was no point in her trying to prove anything about her personal life, as nothing she says will change the opinions of the public. She has absolutely no desire to try to prove anything, and she is tired of bumping into the waves of scandals.
She also says it is pointless to regret the interviews she granted to talk about her marriage issues because there was truth in them. Her story gave some other victims of domestic violence the boldness to come out and speak for themselves. Of course she was hurt by the entire situation, but the realization that her sincerity has a good impact on other women brought her some relief.
Tonto Dikeh is a proud and strong woman, she is moving on with her life and spending her time on activities that will develop her career. She does not want to lose everything she has achieved to problems in her personal life. Her issues with her husband are all in the past.
She is also aware that many mischief makers are waiting to see her fail, so she is determined to prove them wrong. Tonto will not abandon her dreams and goals.
Thanks to the resources of her foundation, the star will be able to build a school for the needy and take care of victims of various forms of violence.
Let us wish this great actress God’s blessings and a decent man who she can build a strong family with, and have a relationship full of love and mutual understanding. She really deserves it.
READ ALSO: Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija husband and children
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ooni commissions projects to promote culture
- Woman Disgraced After Allegedly Trying To Kidnap A Baby
- Soldiers Rescue Boy Who Was Locked Up With Charm
- The 10 best Premier League signings of 2018/19 so far, including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Everton stars
- I am always ready to represent Nigeria –Kenneth Omeruo
- Germany relegated from Nations League tier
- Pogba chills with Messi; Barca rumours fuel
- Homosexuality most difficult subject to talk in football
- Buhari, Atiku congratulate Super Eagles on 2019 AFCON qualification
- Messi, Ronaldo, Salah & the top 20 scorers of 2018
- Chevron fc is fully ready for Eze United- Godtime Emiko
- Atiku begins campaign
- FG approves N60bn for rice
- Oshiomhole Escapes Moves To Sack Him
- Atiku Begins 2019 Campaign, Launches ‘People’s Policy'
- Top Leader Of Terrorists Who Abducted Leah Sharibu Killed
- Ganduje Bribe Videos: Fayose Slams Buhari, EFCC
- APC Wins Kwara Bye-election
- Osinbajo, NEMA DG To Face Probe Over IDPs N33Billion
- Ooni Of Ife: "In The Palace I Was Never Single"
- Rivers APC Guber Candidate Escapes Assassination
- Confusion As Vehicle Disappears From Police Station
- Policeman Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m In Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Collapses In Lagos After Losing His Cash Due To Bank's Alleged 'Negligence' (Photo)
- Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015 With His Money
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand