Nigerians are always interested in successful people. Femi Adebayo is one of those persons who can light up your movie night. But do you know how he managed to become so famous and successful? Continue reading this post to learn about all the peculiarities of Femi Adebayo’s biography.
Femi Adebayo Profile
Femi Adebayo is Nigerian actor who was born on December 31, 1972, in Lagos. However, he is originally from Ilorin, Kwara state. He is a lawyer, director, actor and comedian. He is famous in Nollywood for his many skills.
Interestingly, his first profession was not acting; he used to be a practicing lawyer. He graduated from the University of Ilorin with a Bachelor’s degree in Law; he also got a Master’s degree in Law from the same University. If you had always thought he is an actor without proper education – you are wrong.
One of the greatest inspirations for Femi Adebayo is his father. He is a man who can support his children no matter which career they choose to start. Femi Adebayo wanted to be a lawyer and his father supported him. However, it was difficult for Femi to just watch his father on TV, he wanted to act like him too; this is why he switched careers to acting in 1995. His first movie was ‘Owo Blow’.
According to Femi Adebayo, his father did not discourage his new career; he encouraged him to take actions and follow his passion. Who knows? Maybe without the support of his father he would have never made his way into our TV screens.
Femi Adebayo has starred in hundreds of Yoruba movies. He even produced a movie titled “Idanwo” in 2006. His roles in several Nigerian films have helped him to build a fantastic career. He has won several movie awards for best Yoruba actor. He even won the Afro Hollywood Award (17th African Film Awards). Another of his great success was the winning of the Nollywood Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria Awards in 2012.
Femi Adebayo does not only act, he also teaches acting. He is the founder of J-15 School of Performing Arts. This school is located in Ibadan. It currently has over 150 graduates to its credit. For him, this school is another great contribution to the society. He believes that the new generations of actors may help develop this country to new levels.
Femi Adebayo Movies
Femi Adebayo is a superstar who has taken part in a lot of movies. He also managed to take part in the production of several movies. He even got the City People Entertainment Award as the best producer of the year. He starred in his first movie in 1995 and since then he has participated in so many other movies like:
- My Wife;
- Orija ju Ogun;
- Agbara Obirin;
- Shola fe Pami;
- Tojo – Terum;
- Kodi Ologbon Aye;
He attained true popularity after his role in the comic movie “Jelili” in 2012; after that, his career started booming. He starred in so many popular movies in the past five years and continues to act and produce. Just take a look at the most popular ones:
- Ounje Ale;
- Omo University;
- Onise Iku;
- Omo Ekun;
- Iya Alalake;
- October 1.
Femi Adebayo family
Femi Adebayo was born into a family of twelve kids. His father is the famous Nigerian actor Adebayo Salamni. Femi Adebayo’s private life is somewhat unusual; he had three kids with his first wife, Khadijat, whom he was married to for eight years.
It was quite shocking to his fans when he announced that his marriage had been broken for several years and that he did not live with her for the last two years of their marriage. He is currently married to another woman called Omotayo Menat Sanusi; their wedding took place in October 2016.
Femi Adebayo Wife
Femi Adebayo’s ex-wife and current wife have a long history with him. According to Femi, his marriage to Khadijat was ruined one year after they got married. The main reason for that was his acting career. He was even linked to a scandal with Funke Akindele and the press believed that this was the main reason for his divorce – it was not entirely true. Femi confirmed that the main reason was his acting career. His first wife could not tolerate his passion and she is now remarried to another man.
Femi Adebayo’s second wife Omotayo Memunat Sanusi worked in Lagos as a hostess before they met. She currently has her own business – Iyan Aluduke café in Lagos. The couple do not give a lot of interviews to journalists. Nonetheless, it is clear that they are happy together and enjoying their life.
Femi Adebayo is a fantastic person who can teach one a lot about life. His main influencer and supporter in his career choices is his father. Femi Adebayo’s first marriage is not the greatest example of a “happily-ever-after” story; however, he did not surrender to his obstacles and went on to find love in a second wife.
Femi Adebayo has participated in a lot of movies. Fans like him for the interpretation techniques he uses when playing characters. He has managed to earn several awards as the best actor and producer in Nollywood and another of his great achievement is his J-15 school that has produced more than one hundred actors.
READ ALSO: Pete Edochie wife and children
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision