Nigerians are always interested in successful people. Femi Adebayo is one of those persons who can light up your movie night. But do you know how he managed to become so famous and successful? Continue reading this post to learn about all the peculiarities of Femi Adebayo’s biography.
Femi Adebayo Profile
Femi Adebayo is Nigerian actor who was born on December 31, 1972, in Lagos. However, he is originally from Ilorin, Kwara state. He is a lawyer, director, actor and comedian. He is famous in Nollywood for his many skills.
Interestingly, his first profession was not acting; he used to be a practicing lawyer. He graduated from the University of Ilorin with a Bachelor’s degree in Law; he also got a Master’s degree in Law from the same University. If you had always thought he is an actor without proper education – you are wrong.
One of the greatest inspirations for Femi Adebayo is his father. He is a man who can support his children no matter which career they choose to start. Femi Adebayo wanted to be a lawyer and his father supported him. However, it was difficult for Femi to just watch his father on TV, he wanted to act like him too; this is why he switched careers to acting in 1995. His first movie was ‘Owo Blow’.
According to Femi Adebayo, his father did not discourage his new career; he encouraged him to take actions and follow his passion. Who knows? Maybe without the support of his father he would have never made his way into our TV screens.
Femi Adebayo has starred in hundreds of Yoruba movies. He even produced a movie titled “Idanwo” in 2006. His roles in several Nigerian films have helped him to build a fantastic career. He has won several movie awards for best Yoruba actor. He even won the Afro Hollywood Award (17th African Film Awards). Another of his great success was the winning of the Nollywood Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria Awards in 2012.
Femi Adebayo does not only act, he also teaches acting. He is the founder of J-15 School of Performing Arts. This school is located in Ibadan. It currently has over 150 graduates to its credit. For him, this school is another great contribution to the society. He believes that the new generations of actors may help develop this country to new levels.
Femi Adebayo Movies
Femi Adebayo is a superstar who has taken part in a lot of movies. He also managed to take part in the production of several movies. He even got the City People Entertainment Award as the best producer of the year. He starred in his first movie in 1995 and since then he has participated in so many other movies like:
- My Wife;
- Orija ju Ogun;
- Agbara Obirin;
- Shola fe Pami;
- Tojo – Terum;
- Kodi Ologbon Aye;
He attained true popularity after his role in the comic movie “Jelili” in 2012; after that, his career started booming. He starred in so many popular movies in the past five years and continues to act and produce. Just take a look at the most popular ones:
- Ounje Ale;
- Omo University;
- Onise Iku;
- Omo Ekun;
- Iya Alalake;
- October 1.
Femi Adebayo family
Femi Adebayo was born into a family of twelve kids. His father is the famous Nigerian actor Adebayo Salamni. Femi Adebayo’s private life is somewhat unusual; he had three kids with his first wife, Khadijat, whom he was married to for eight years.
It was quite shocking to his fans when he announced that his marriage had been broken for several years and that he did not live with her for the last two years of their marriage. He is currently married to another woman called Omotayo Menat Sanusi; their wedding took place in October 2016.
Femi Adebayo Wife
Femi Adebayo’s ex-wife and current wife have a long history with him. According to Femi, his marriage to Khadijat was ruined one year after they got married. The main reason for that was his acting career. He was even linked to a scandal with Funke Akindele and the press believed that this was the main reason for his divorce – it was not entirely true. Femi confirmed that the main reason was his acting career. His first wife could not tolerate his passion and she is now remarried to another man.
Femi Adebayo’s second wife Omotayo Memunat Sanusi worked in Lagos as a hostess before they met. She currently has her own business – Iyan Aluduke café in Lagos. The couple do not give a lot of interviews to journalists. Nonetheless, it is clear that they are happy together and enjoying their life.
Femi Adebayo is a fantastic person who can teach one a lot about life. His main influencer and supporter in his career choices is his father. Femi Adebayo’s first marriage is not the greatest example of a “happily-ever-after” story; however, he did not surrender to his obstacles and went on to find love in a second wife.
Femi Adebayo has participated in a lot of movies. Fans like him for the interpretation techniques he uses when playing characters. He has managed to earn several awards as the best actor and producer in Nollywood and another of his great achievement is his J-15 school that has produced more than one hundred actors.
READ ALSO: Pete Edochie wife and children
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants