Nigerians are always interested in successful people. Femi Adebayo is one of those persons who can light up your movie night. But do you know how he managed to become so famous and successful? Continue reading this post to learn about all the peculiarities of Femi Adebayo’s biography.
Femi Adebayo Profile
Femi Adebayo is Nigerian actor who was born on December 31, 1972, in Lagos. However, he is originally from Ilorin, Kwara state. He is a lawyer, director, actor and comedian. He is famous in Nollywood for his many skills.
Interestingly, his first profession was not acting; he used to be a practicing lawyer. He graduated from the University of Ilorin with a Bachelor’s degree in Law; he also got a Master’s degree in Law from the same University. If you had always thought he is an actor without proper education – you are wrong.
One of the greatest inspirations for Femi Adebayo is his father. He is a man who can support his children no matter which career they choose to start. Femi Adebayo wanted to be a lawyer and his father supported him. However, it was difficult for Femi to just watch his father on TV, he wanted to act like him too; this is why he switched careers to acting in 1995. His first movie was ‘Owo Blow’.
According to Femi Adebayo, his father did not discourage his new career; he encouraged him to take actions and follow his passion. Who knows? Maybe without the support of his father he would have never made his way into our TV screens.
Femi Adebayo has starred in hundreds of Yoruba movies. He even produced a movie titled “Idanwo” in 2006. His roles in several Nigerian films have helped him to build a fantastic career. He has won several movie awards for best Yoruba actor. He even won the Afro Hollywood Award (17th African Film Awards). Another of his great success was the winning of the Nollywood Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria Awards in 2012.
Femi Adebayo does not only act, he also teaches acting. He is the founder of J-15 School of Performing Arts. This school is located in Ibadan. It currently has over 150 graduates to its credit. For him, this school is another great contribution to the society. He believes that the new generations of actors may help develop this country to new levels.
Femi Adebayo Movies
Femi Adebayo is a superstar who has taken part in a lot of movies. He also managed to take part in the production of several movies. He even got the City People Entertainment Award as the best producer of the year. He starred in his first movie in 1995 and since then he has participated in so many other movies like:
- My Wife;
- Orija ju Ogun;
- Agbara Obirin;
- Shola fe Pami;
- Tojo – Terum;
- Kodi Ologbon Aye;
He attained true popularity after his role in the comic movie “Jelili” in 2012; after that, his career started booming. He starred in so many popular movies in the past five years and continues to act and produce. Just take a look at the most popular ones:
- Ounje Ale;
- Omo University;
- Onise Iku;
- Omo Ekun;
- Iya Alalake;
- October 1.
Femi Adebayo family
Femi Adebayo was born into a family of twelve kids. His father is the famous Nigerian actor Adebayo Salamni. Femi Adebayo’s private life is somewhat unusual; he had three kids with his first wife, Khadijat, whom he was married to for eight years.
It was quite shocking to his fans when he announced that his marriage had been broken for several years and that he did not live with her for the last two years of their marriage. He is currently married to another woman called Omotayo Menat Sanusi; their wedding took place in October 2016.
Femi Adebayo Wife
Femi Adebayo’s ex-wife and current wife have a long history with him. According to Femi, his marriage to Khadijat was ruined one year after they got married. The main reason for that was his acting career. He was even linked to a scandal with Funke Akindele and the press believed that this was the main reason for his divorce – it was not entirely true. Femi confirmed that the main reason was his acting career. His first wife could not tolerate his passion and she is now remarried to another man.
Femi Adebayo’s second wife Omotayo Memunat Sanusi worked in Lagos as a hostess before they met. She currently has her own business – Iyan Aluduke café in Lagos. The couple do not give a lot of interviews to journalists. Nonetheless, it is clear that they are happy together and enjoying their life.
Femi Adebayo is a fantastic person who can teach one a lot about life. His main influencer and supporter in his career choices is his father. Femi Adebayo’s first marriage is not the greatest example of a “happily-ever-after” story; however, he did not surrender to his obstacles and went on to find love in a second wife.
Femi Adebayo has participated in a lot of movies. Fans like him for the interpretation techniques he uses when playing characters. He has managed to earn several awards as the best actor and producer in Nollywood and another of his great achievement is his J-15 school that has produced more than one hundred actors.
READ ALSO: Pete Edochie wife and children
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 3 Nigeria FIFA referees for CAF Women Nations Cup
- Akusho wins Lagos Women Run
- Niger Tornadoes recruit fifteen players
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nigerian Prince Who Scammed People In US Appears In Court, Begs To Go Home (Photos)
- Hoodlums vandalise 18 vehicles, rob traders openly in Lagos
- Millionaire Chief Bademosi's "Killer" Arraigned, Sent To Prison
- Obasanjo Speaks: Govs Against LG Autonomy Are Enemies Of Nigerians
- Tinunu's Wealth Questionable? EFCC Boss Asks Journalist To Write Petition
- Multiple Car Crashes In Abuja, Four Confirmed Dead
- Woman Loses Her Life Savings To Native Doctor Out Of Greed
- Fayose Hosts Peter Obi In His Lagos Home (Photos)
- Young Lady Drugged, R*ped In Lagos By Man She Refused
- Story Of Lady Who Fell From The Sky After Getting Sucked Out Of A Plane (Photos)
- Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts for Fear of Buhari?
- Doctors Surgically Remove Toy Stuck In Boy's Throat (Pics)
- Nigeria Customs Service lift Volleyball Premier League titles
- 5 things women said when they saw this man’s giant tongue
- UK, Nigeria on war path over Diezani loot
- 2019: Tension in Sokoto as INEC omits Tambuwal on governorship List
- SERAP to EFCC, ICPC: Probe corruption in APC, PDP primaries
- 2019: How Buhari plots to block Atiku from moving funds
- Emefiele defends anchor borrowers’ scheme
- 9mobile finally gets new owners
- Court insists Ganduje can’t be probed
- APC national vice chairman sacked; headquarters reacts
- Nigerian Couple In Lovely Village-themed Pre-wedding Photos
- Court Revokes Uzor Kalu's Bail, Orders His Arrest
- Wike & His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head During Prayer
- Ibrahim Magu Dodges Question On Ganduje Bribery Video
- Young Girl Who Lives In Lagos Trash Site Finally Gets Help
- PHOTOS: Man Stealing Female Panties Caught Red Handed
- Boss Who Killed Fuel Station Manager Over N40k Arrested
- EFCC Asked To Investigate Bribery Case Against Oshiomhole
- Pics From Actress Linda Ejiofor & Ibrahim Suleiman Wedding
- See What Buhari's Education Minister Said About ASUU When He Wasn't A Minister
- Another Nigerian Bank on brinks of collapse
- Don’t bet on Naira’s devaluation soon, says CBN
- How APC governorship candidate was arrested for corruption
- Stop playing politics with Nigeria’s budget, Olujimi tells Presidency