– Governor Okorocha’s son-in-law was endorsed by the Imo state assembly
– They said he was the best person to take over after Okorocha
– Uche Nwosu is the current chief of staff at the government
Governor Rochas Okorocha’s son-in-law, Uche Nwosu has been endorsed as the next governor of Imo state by the state assembly for 2019.
The Punch reports that this development has deepened crisis in the state assembly.
The House committee chairman on petroleum, Imo state oil producing areas development commission and Niger delta development commission, Henry Ezediaro said Nwosu who is the chief of staff in the government house said he was the best person to take over from his father-in-law.
He said this decision informed the support for Okorocha’s son-in-law as next governor of the state.
He said: “After meeting with the members of the House of Assembly, we, irrespective of party affiliations, have endorsed Ugwumba Uche Nwosu. We urge him to contest the poll. If he does, we will support him to be the governor in 2019.
“On behalf of the lawmakers, we want to use this medium to appeal to the governor and thank him for his free education policy in the state, but without Uche Nwosu, the policy may die and that is why we want him to continue from where he will stop.”
“The house is not in a crisis, we just disagreed on some issues.”
Meanwhile, Governor Okorocha stated that Ikedi Ohakim, the former governor of the state, and Emeka Ihedioha, ex-deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, did not possess what it takes to compete with him as regarding the task of governance, Vanguard reports.
The governor made his comments in a statement released to journalists in the state, by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo.
NAIJ.com gathers that the governor’s statement was in response to the criticisms he received from Ohakim and Ihedioha, over the recent controversial appointment of his younger sister as commissioner for happiness and purpose fulfillment.
Mass burial for our leaders – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station