– Northern leaders warn Reno Omokri not to insult Governor Shettima over his comments
– Governor Shettima had blasted former President Jonathan for blaming him over the kidnap of Chibok schoolgirls
– Omorki claimed that the Borno state governor paved the way for the abduction of the Chibok girls
The Northern Emancipation Network (NEW) has warned Reno Omokri, aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan against making further uncomplimentary remarks on Borno state governor, Kashim Shettima.
A statement signed by the group’s president, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman and made available to NAIJ.com warned Omokri to note that the North has great respect for Shettima’s position as chairman of the Northern Governors Forum.
“Omokri should note that the North of today does not tolerate disrespect for its leaders from any quarter,” Suleiman said.
He said that northerners would only be disposed to a Nigeria in which leaders from every section are mutually respected.
“It’s no longer acceptable for irresponsible commentators like Omokri to insult any northern leader and expect to go away with it,” he said.
Suleiman described as a mockery of intellectualism for Omokri to assume that grades scored in a secondary school examination should be a yardstick for gauging leadership capabilities in real life.
“We find Omokri’s argument as pedestrian as it is disappointing,” Suleiman said. He advised Omokri to always secure “solid grounds on which to base his arguments lest he keeps embarrassing his paymaster in the market square.”
Suleiman urged Governor Shettima not to be distracted from the task of rebuilding Borno after the destruction wrought by the mismanagement of power during the wasted years of Omokri’s master.
NAIJ.com previously reported how Goodluck Jonathan hit at Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state and other critics describing his administration as a bad one.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The ex-president, in a statement released by his spokesperson, Ikechukuwu Eze on Friday, December 1, reacted to a statement by Governor Shettima referring to him as a clueless president and an ‘unsophisticated country person’ during the launching of Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, “On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria”.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP
- Omawumi Describes Buhari As "Incompetent Old Man"
- PDP Says Female Appeal Court President Is Close To APC
- Police Officers’ Wives Rescued From Deadly Kidnappers
- PDP Headquarters Gives Tambuwal Sokoto Guber Ticket
- Nigerian Prince Weds 2 Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos)
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC
- Pastor Sleeping With Married Woman? 3 Corpses Found In His House (Photos)
- Dino Reacts To Shehu Sani Leaving APC At the Wrong Time
- More Troubles For Atiku From Igbo Leaders... Saraki intervenes
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court