– Northern leaders warn Reno Omokri not to insult Governor Shettima over his comments
– Governor Shettima had blasted former President Jonathan for blaming him over the kidnap of Chibok schoolgirls
– Omorki claimed that the Borno state governor paved the way for the abduction of the Chibok girls
The Northern Emancipation Network (NEW) has warned Reno Omokri, aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan against making further uncomplimentary remarks on Borno state governor, Kashim Shettima.
A statement signed by the group’s president, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman and made available to NAIJ.com warned Omokri to note that the North has great respect for Shettima’s position as chairman of the Northern Governors Forum.
“Omokri should note that the North of today does not tolerate disrespect for its leaders from any quarter,” Suleiman said.
He said that northerners would only be disposed to a Nigeria in which leaders from every section are mutually respected.
“It’s no longer acceptable for irresponsible commentators like Omokri to insult any northern leader and expect to go away with it,” he said.
Suleiman described as a mockery of intellectualism for Omokri to assume that grades scored in a secondary school examination should be a yardstick for gauging leadership capabilities in real life.
“We find Omokri’s argument as pedestrian as it is disappointing,” Suleiman said. He advised Omokri to always secure “solid grounds on which to base his arguments lest he keeps embarrassing his paymaster in the market square.”
Suleiman urged Governor Shettima not to be distracted from the task of rebuilding Borno after the destruction wrought by the mismanagement of power during the wasted years of Omokri’s master.
NAIJ.com previously reported how Goodluck Jonathan hit at Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state and other critics describing his administration as a bad one.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The ex-president, in a statement released by his spokesperson, Ikechukuwu Eze on Friday, December 1, reacted to a statement by Governor Shettima referring to him as a clueless president and an ‘unsophisticated country person’ during the launching of Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, “On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria”.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers
- NBC accuses Daar Communications of violation, stops FM radio
- Herdsmen turn on Catholic church in Benue, kill 27 worshipers in 4 days
- Saraki, Senate abandon Melaye
- Zenith Bank’s Q1 results indicate strong improvements
- Henderson: Salah will stay to break more Liverpool records
- NSE: Equities record marginal decline, trend to continue if….
- 419 Gang Who Dupe People With Fake Currency Nabbed In Lagos
- Living The Life Of A True Christian Who Can Make Heaven
- Save Lagos Group laments infrastructure decay in primary schools
- Nigeria gets $1.5m interest on returned Abacha loot
- Who Left Over N1Billion In An Account But Can't Claim It?
- Ex-President Bush Hospitalized Days After Wife’s Death
- Offa Robbery Update: Affected Bank Sacks 5 Staff
- Man Escapes Tragic Death As Car Is Crushed By Big Truck
- There's A Plot To Kill Me - Dino Melaye Cries Out
- Offa Attack: Five bank staffers sacked; top police officers linked
- Bishop Oyedepo berates Buhari: Your government is a failure, God is angry with you
- The “approved” $1 billion for arms purchase
- Wading into the Oba-Emir Debate
- Melaye alleges plot to assassinate him
- Obama Foundation introduces new programme for emerging leaders in Africa
- APC Chairmanship: Oshiomhole’s candidature suffers setback
- Lagos Policemen Chased My Son To Death - Father
- Dino Melaye: They snatched my passport, I snatched it back
- EFCC Arrests Ibori’s Man, Senator Nwaoboshi Over N6B "Fraud"
- Lagos Security Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter
- Melaye trapped, helpless as police speaks on reinforced siege
- Dino Melaye surrenders
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Check out The Characteristics of a Good and Decent Hotel
- Saraki, Tambuwal Won’t Decamp To PDP - Governor
- Nigerian Lawmaker Loses 4 Kids, 7 Relatives In Fatal Accident
- Armed Policemen Storm Dino Melaye's House... Police give reason
- Lawmaker’s Suspension: What The Law Says