– Northern leaders warn Reno Omokri not to insult Governor Shettima over his comments
– Governor Shettima had blasted former President Jonathan for blaming him over the kidnap of Chibok schoolgirls
– Omorki claimed that the Borno state governor paved the way for the abduction of the Chibok girls
The Northern Emancipation Network (NEW) has warned Reno Omokri, aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan against making further uncomplimentary remarks on Borno state governor, Kashim Shettima.
A statement signed by the group’s president, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman and made available to NAIJ.com warned Omokri to note that the North has great respect for Shettima’s position as chairman of the Northern Governors Forum.
“Omokri should note that the North of today does not tolerate disrespect for its leaders from any quarter,” Suleiman said.
He said that northerners would only be disposed to a Nigeria in which leaders from every section are mutually respected.
“It’s no longer acceptable for irresponsible commentators like Omokri to insult any northern leader and expect to go away with it,” he said.
Suleiman described as a mockery of intellectualism for Omokri to assume that grades scored in a secondary school examination should be a yardstick for gauging leadership capabilities in real life.
“We find Omokri’s argument as pedestrian as it is disappointing,” Suleiman said. He advised Omokri to always secure “solid grounds on which to base his arguments lest he keeps embarrassing his paymaster in the market square.”
Suleiman urged Governor Shettima not to be distracted from the task of rebuilding Borno after the destruction wrought by the mismanagement of power during the wasted years of Omokri’s master.
NAIJ.com previously reported how Goodluck Jonathan hit at Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state and other critics describing his administration as a bad one.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The ex-president, in a statement released by his spokesperson, Ikechukuwu Eze on Friday, December 1, reacted to a statement by Governor Shettima referring to him as a clueless president and an ‘unsophisticated country person’ during the launching of Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, “On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria”.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- World’s most wanted players are in Chelsea, PSG
- Med-view workers seek PenCom intervention over entitlements
- Nigerian Govt begins enrolment of military personnel on IPPIS
- The bitter truth about France lifting World Cup 2018
- 7 Challenges that will kill or make Ronaldo this season
- 2006 World Cup final: Why I sent off Zidane – Referee
- President Buhari’s war on terror; a grand deception
- The Ekiti election and 2019
- Neymar’s does underground work for Barcelona
- “Boko Haram: I receive N5,000 for facilitating each suicide bomb attack”
- "I'm Still In APC" - Governor Ortom says after meeting Oshiomhole
- Woman Finds Rat Trapped In Her Shop With Ring Round Its Neck
- Saraki "Bows" As He Meets Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Governors
- Rowdy Session In Senate Over 'Lopsided Appointments' By Buhari
- "I Want To Go Back To Prison To Rest" – Thief Nabbed In Lagos
- Agency In Abuja "Spent" Over N5bn On Fuel, DSTV Subscription
- Ekiti Governor-Elect Fayemi Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock
- Buhari Appoints Ex-CBN Deputy Governor, Tunde Lemo, As FERMA Chairman
- Woman Who Just Got Married Killed In Katsina Flood, Body Found In Niger Republic
- Dino Melaye Ignores Threats, Commissions Projects In Kogi (Pics)
- We Fear For 2019: Ekiti Election Was For The Highest Bidder, says Anti-Corruption Group
- How Robber Charmed SARS Operatives To Escape From Custody - Robber's Girlfriend
- British Man Plots To Kill Female Prime Minister (Pics & Details)
- Tanker Loaded With Petrol Falls & Spills Content In Lagos; Apapa Residents Raise Alarm
- Finally, FG unveils name, logo of new national carrier
- STRANGE! Female Student Becomes 'Possessed' During Lecture, Loses Consciousness
- All PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet Gov. Tambuwal In Sokoto
- APC crisis: 9 Governors, 31 Senators, 54 Reps, behind R-APC to unseat Buhari
- Another letter: OBJ attacks Buhari again
- Bride drowned in Katisna flood found in Niger Republic
- APC Replies PDP: We Dare You To Go To Court With Your Facts
- 2019: Saraki Meets 4 Governors, Top Politicians; To Dump APC?
- Married Woman Dies After Surgery To Increase Her Buttocks, Doctor On The Run
- Police Dismiss Inspector For Giving Out Information...
- Police Helicopter Threatening My Life - Fayose
- "This Is My First Time" - Kidnapper Begs, Reveals How Much He Got
- See The All New 2019 Honda Pilot (Photos)
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Declares To Contest For Governor In Enugu Under APC
- Most Wanted Armed Robber 'Agbara' Shot Dead By Police
- APC crisis: Secondus woes Gemade, Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Ahmed