– Northern leaders warn Reno Omokri not to insult Governor Shettima over his comments
– Governor Shettima had blasted former President Jonathan for blaming him over the kidnap of Chibok schoolgirls
– Omorki claimed that the Borno state governor paved the way for the abduction of the Chibok girls
The Northern Emancipation Network (NEW) has warned Reno Omokri, aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan against making further uncomplimentary remarks on Borno state governor, Kashim Shettima.
A statement signed by the group’s president, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman and made available to NAIJ.com warned Omokri to note that the North has great respect for Shettima’s position as chairman of the Northern Governors Forum.
“Omokri should note that the North of today does not tolerate disrespect for its leaders from any quarter,” Suleiman said.
He said that northerners would only be disposed to a Nigeria in which leaders from every section are mutually respected.
“It’s no longer acceptable for irresponsible commentators like Omokri to insult any northern leader and expect to go away with it,” he said.
Suleiman described as a mockery of intellectualism for Omokri to assume that grades scored in a secondary school examination should be a yardstick for gauging leadership capabilities in real life.
“We find Omokri’s argument as pedestrian as it is disappointing,” Suleiman said. He advised Omokri to always secure “solid grounds on which to base his arguments lest he keeps embarrassing his paymaster in the market square.”
Suleiman urged Governor Shettima not to be distracted from the task of rebuilding Borno after the destruction wrought by the mismanagement of power during the wasted years of Omokri’s master.
NAIJ.com previously reported how Goodluck Jonathan hit at Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state and other critics describing his administration as a bad one.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The ex-president, in a statement released by his spokesperson, Ikechukuwu Eze on Friday, December 1, reacted to a statement by Governor Shettima referring to him as a clueless president and an ‘unsophisticated country person’ during the launching of Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, “On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria”.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Inmates awaiting trial congest prisons
- Globacom, Teleology Holdings lead in acquisition of 9mobile
- Oando faults SEC over forensic audit
- APC federal lawmaker backs Fayose against Buhari, NGF
- ECWA exposes plot by FG, states to cripple Christianity in northern Nigeria
- Paris Club Refund: 9 states yet to benefit
- 90% of cooking gas cylinders are obsolete, says NLPGI
- FG begs PENGASSAN to shelve strike
- How Successes In Agric Is Diversifying Nigeria's Economy, by VP Osinbajo
- 4 Easy Ways to Improve Your Posture
- David Mark Denies Receiving, Sharing N2bn Campaign Fund
- Face of Lagos Lady, A Lawyer, Arrested For Assaulting Housemaid
- This Beautiful Nigerian Woman Is Missing
- SO SAD! Burial Poster of Daughter & Mother Who Died While Travelling To Prepare For Her Wedding
- Buhari Receives 75th Birthday Card from VP Osinbajo, APC Governors (Photos)
- Family Fight Dirty Over Late Female Bank Manager’s Wealth... abandon her corpse
- Robbers Attack NLC Chairman’s House, Abduct His Wife
- Why Many "Uneducated" People Are More Successful In Business
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Navy recovers 1330 jerry cans of PMS as oil thieves hideout raided
- Military retires 403 personnel
- How former Senate president came under probe
- Fulani herdsmen attack Urohi community, machete man in farm
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves up 42% year to date
- Atiku Opens Chicken Cottages Fast-Food In Abuja (Photos)
- Top 10 Richest Nigerians In 2017... and their Net Worth
- People Attacking Nigerian Pastors Are Misguided - Samklef
- God Has Not Revealed Anything About Atiku for 2019 – Fr. Mbaka
- Ogun State To Start Mass Sale of Ofada Rice (Photo)
- See Pump Action Rifles Destined For Nigeria Hidden In Sound Systems
- Ex-Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank (Photos)
- NUC Releases New Ranking of Best Nigerian Universities (Full List)
- Buhari Is Leading Nigeria To The Promised Land - Uzor Kalu
- Saraki, Senate, Move to Tackle Drug and Substance Abuse Across the Nation
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Gov. Yari blasts Fayose
- What FG has done to make governors clear salaries owed workers
- South West Rugby League rounds off on Saturday
- Soldier sentenced to death for killing civilians
- Obasanjo breaks records in NOUN