– He urges all former PDP faithful who left the party to emulate Alhaji Atiku and return to the party
Deputy Senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, has described the return of the former vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a massive vote of no confidence on the leadership capacity of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Ekweremadu in a statement on Sunday, December 3, by his special adviser on media, Uche Anichukwu, said Atiku’s defection from the APC was a welcomed development for the PDP and for Nigeria’s democracy, The Punch reports.
He said: “Nigeria is in dire need of a rescue mission to rekindle hope in our democracy, restore it on the path of prosperity and halt the worsening divisiveness that threatens our corporate existence.
“I, therefore, enjoin all former PDP faithful who left for various reasons as well as other progressive-minded Nigerians to emulate Alhaji Atiku; to reunite under the umbrella (of the PDP) to salvage the nation because I see a new and better Nigeria coming in 2019.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
“I see a country where corruption will be eradicated; a nation that will be a pride to Africa and admiration of the international community; and a nation where no man will be oppressed, intimidated, persecuted or sidelined on account of ethnicity, religion or political persuasion. No amount of desperation will stop the will of God for Nigeria in 2019.”
Atiku made the announcement in a Facebook live video on Sunday, December 3 afternoon.
He said: “Today, I want to let you know that I am returning home to the PDP.”
Atiku said his decision to leave the PDP was because the party strayed but now he is back because the APC too has strayed from the exciting promises it made in its manifesto.
Atiku versus Buhari: Who will win? on NAIJ.com news
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers
- NBC accuses Daar Communications of violation, stops FM radio
- Herdsmen turn on Catholic church in Benue, kill 27 worshipers in 4 days
- Saraki, Senate abandon Melaye
- Zenith Bank’s Q1 results indicate strong improvements
- Henderson: Salah will stay to break more Liverpool records
- NSE: Equities record marginal decline, trend to continue if….
- 419 Gang Who Dupe People With Fake Currency Nabbed In Lagos
- Living The Life Of A True Christian Who Can Make Heaven
- Save Lagos Group laments infrastructure decay in primary schools
- Nigeria gets $1.5m interest on returned Abacha loot
- Who Left Over N1Billion In An Account But Can't Claim It?
- Ex-President Bush Hospitalized Days After Wife’s Death
- Offa Robbery Update: Affected Bank Sacks 5 Staff
- Man Escapes Tragic Death As Car Is Crushed By Big Truck
- There's A Plot To Kill Me - Dino Melaye Cries Out
- Offa Attack: Five bank staffers sacked; top police officers linked
- Bishop Oyedepo berates Buhari: Your government is a failure, God is angry with you
- The “approved” $1 billion for arms purchase
- Wading into the Oba-Emir Debate
- Melaye alleges plot to assassinate him
- Obama Foundation introduces new programme for emerging leaders in Africa
- APC Chairmanship: Oshiomhole’s candidature suffers setback
- Lagos Policemen Chased My Son To Death - Father
- Dino Melaye: They snatched my passport, I snatched it back
- EFCC Arrests Ibori’s Man, Senator Nwaoboshi Over N6B "Fraud"
- Lagos Security Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter
- Melaye trapped, helpless as police speaks on reinforced siege
- Dino Melaye surrenders
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Check out The Characteristics of a Good and Decent Hotel
- Saraki, Tambuwal Won’t Decamp To PDP - Governor
- Nigerian Lawmaker Loses 4 Kids, 7 Relatives In Fatal Accident
- Armed Policemen Storm Dino Melaye's House... Police give reason
- Lawmaker’s Suspension: What The Law Says