– Saraki said he will speak about his political plans in two months’ time
– He said he was more focused on the development of Nigeria
– He said Jonathan should not have allowed people like him leave the PDP
Senate president, Bukola Saraki has promised to disclose his next political move for 2019 in February.
The Cable reports that Saraki spoke in an interview with Osasu Igbinedion on the Osasu Show on the sidelines of the unveiling of Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, ‘On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria’.
Saraki said the focus now should be on how to develop the country as there was enough time to talk and plan for 2019.
He said: “You are like the tenth person who has asked me, so there is a queue. I promised the first person that when it is time to talk about 2019, I would answer the questions,” Saraki said.
“Anytime next year from February, you can ask us about what are my intentions in 2019 or whether I want to come back to the senate.
“You want to talk about development and how we are going to get the country going, yes. We have a long time to talk about 2019.”
Saraki also spoke about Goodluck Jonathan losing the 2015 elections saying “he probably for example should not have allowed some of us to have left the party.
“He will have done certain things against the fight against corruption and the government, but I think he didn’t do a number of those things and a few of the people who were close to him, gave him the impression that all was good.”
He said since President Buhari came into power, he failed to take charge of the growth of the party.
The former vice president expressed optimism of defeating President Buhari in 2019 saying he has lost a lot of goodwill.
Atiku versus Buhari: Who will win? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- $2.1m fraud: EFCC drags former NHIS boss, others to court
- Philip Consulting appoints new helmsman
- Buhari replies critics, inaugurate committee on AFCTA
- Ex-banker impersonates UBA customer, withdraws N8.7m
- 2019: Northern Group Dumps Atiku, Shifts Support To Buhari
- Gov Amosun Angry; Attacks Tinunu, Others For Ganging Up To Rubbish Him
- ‘I Only Used My Fingers’ – Man Arrested for R*ping Girl in Delta
- Osinbajo Opens Up: I Witness Grand Corruption In Government
- How Businesswoman Died In Police Custody In Lagos
- Ambode Won't Be Impeached For Now – Lagos Speaker
- Nigerian Workers Should Be Clapping For Us – Chris Ngige
- Buhari Gets Strong Reply? US Says Abusing Rule of Law Worse Than Corruption
- Offa Robbery: "Police Hiding Something" – Kwara Govt.
- Oshiomhole Talks Tough As Moves To Remove Him Begins
- OMG! Prophet Arrested For Planning To Kidnap His Church Member For Money
- CBN Revokes Licences Of Nine Micro-Finance Banks
- Suspended NHIS Boss: We're Not Aware Our Men Followed Him To Office – Police
- SCARY! Woman's Eyes Removed By Ritualists While Alive
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Alaafin of Oyo's 3rd Wife Gives Birth to Twins, Making Third Set of Twins for The King
- FWC FC settle for draw with Democratic FC after controversial red card
- I Know Messi is the Best in the World–Maradona
- Rape allegation: Juventus forward says lawyers confident
- I am delighted to join Plateau United— Maikaba
- Fayose Shocks EFCC With 'Stomach Infrastructure'; Buys Food For 150 People In Their Office
- Boyfriend suspected of killing Model in Mom's house arraigned
- Pretty Nigerian Comedienne Graduates As Nurse In US... shares her failure & success story
- Notorious Lagos Robber Nabbed By Police During Operation
- Family Photo Of Actor Ali Nuhu, His Beautiful Wife and Kids
- Those Who Feel They Have Another Country Can Go - Buhari
- Check Out This Albino Husband & His "Extra" Black Wife
- Dangote and Otedola Step Out Abroad Looking Trendy
- Editor’s Summary: How soccer matches from this past weekend affects coming fixtures
- IG denies rejecting promotion of Police DIGs, AIGs
- We spent billions on 292 water projects in seven years – Minister admits in court
- 2019: How Oshiomhole’s reforms threaten APC unity
- Kaduna Crisis: Christians, Muslims must learn to live in peace – Tinubu
- 2019: Rev. Mbaka prophesies Buhari’s defeat
- IG approves posting of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIGs)
- 2019: Oshiomhole, APC in fresh crisis