– Saraki said he will speak about his political plans in two months’ time
– He said he was more focused on the development of Nigeria
– He said Jonathan should not have allowed people like him leave the PDP
Senate president, Bukola Saraki has promised to disclose his next political move for 2019 in February.
The Cable reports that Saraki spoke in an interview with Osasu Igbinedion on the Osasu Show on the sidelines of the unveiling of Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, ‘On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria’.
Saraki said the focus now should be on how to develop the country as there was enough time to talk and plan for 2019.
He said: “You are like the tenth person who has asked me, so there is a queue. I promised the first person that when it is time to talk about 2019, I would answer the questions,” Saraki said.
“Anytime next year from February, you can ask us about what are my intentions in 2019 or whether I want to come back to the senate.
“You want to talk about development and how we are going to get the country going, yes. We have a long time to talk about 2019.”
Saraki also spoke about Goodluck Jonathan losing the 2015 elections saying “he probably for example should not have allowed some of us to have left the party.
“He will have done certain things against the fight against corruption and the government, but I think he didn’t do a number of those things and a few of the people who were close to him, gave him the impression that all was good.”
He said since President Buhari came into power, he failed to take charge of the growth of the party.
The former vice president expressed optimism of defeating President Buhari in 2019 saying he has lost a lot of goodwill.
Atiku versus Buhari: Who will win? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Four SARS Officers Arrested For Kidnapping & Extorting N7Million From Bishop
- PDP Chairman Shot Dead In Lagos (Photo)
- Photos From Olu Jacobs Son's White Wedding
- UNILAG Female Student Declared Missing
- Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids & 5 Relatives In Boat Accident
- Drunk Man Ordered For 11 Plates Of Food Mistakenly
- “I Am Guilty As Charged" - Lagos Fake Medical Doctor Confesses
- APC Chairman Oshiomhole Visits R-APC Chairman At Night
- Popular Croatian President Painting Her Own House (Photos)
- LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Buys Daughter 2018 Range Rover
- Open letter to governor Godwin Obaseki
- Minister Escapes Death In Fatal Accident, Driver Burnt
- Rainy Season: Top 7 Tips On Staying Safe During A Flood
- "We Don't Want To Lose Saraki, Dogara, Others" - APC ready to meet their demands
- PDP chairman rates Atiku candidacy in opposition party
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Wins Osun PDP Governorship Ticket
- Dino Melaye Cries Out: "They Want To Kill Me"
- PDP Engages Top SAN To Lead Battle Against APC's Fayemi
- Good Man Drowns After Rescuing Pregnant Woman
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Upsetting R-APC Defection Plan?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports
- Woman Sets House On Fire Because She Was Not Invited To A Party
- This New Pocket-sized Drone Takes Selfie To A New Level
- Story of Nigerian Billionaire Who Owns 5 Airports In The UK
- Midnight Fire Razes Hundreds Of Shops In Jos Main Market
- Saraki Rejects Buhari's Plea? Summons Loyalist On Defection
- Nursing Mother and Her Kids Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone
- Gowon stirs Buhari anger as he suspects unwillingness of FG, Nigerian Army, other security agencies to curb killer herdsmen, Miyetti Allah
- Lagos gets FIBA nod as 2019 World Cup qualifiers host
- Enyimba’s July return to Aba shifted
- DIAMOND GOLDEN: Okagbare Manages 8 out of 8 spots
- NFF Dispute: In search of honour for our Otunba and Distinguished Senator
- Ronaldo ‘accepts’ two-year suspended prison sentence
- FF President appoints Obasi,Martins PS ,senior communication officer
- Buhari orders Dalung to resolve NFF crisis or resign
- I didn’t sign any petition against Warri Wolves —Etebo
- Dalung convoy involved in accident in Gombe
- 19-year-old man stabs 18-year-old girlfriend to death in Edo