– Saraki said he will speak about his political plans in two months’ time
– He said he was more focused on the development of Nigeria
– He said Jonathan should not have allowed people like him leave the PDP
Senate president, Bukola Saraki has promised to disclose his next political move for 2019 in February.
The Cable reports that Saraki spoke in an interview with Osasu Igbinedion on the Osasu Show on the sidelines of the unveiling of Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, ‘On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria’.
Saraki said the focus now should be on how to develop the country as there was enough time to talk and plan for 2019.
He said: “You are like the tenth person who has asked me, so there is a queue. I promised the first person that when it is time to talk about 2019, I would answer the questions,” Saraki said.
“Anytime next year from February, you can ask us about what are my intentions in 2019 or whether I want to come back to the senate.
“You want to talk about development and how we are going to get the country going, yes. We have a long time to talk about 2019.”
Saraki also spoke about Goodluck Jonathan losing the 2015 elections saying “he probably for example should not have allowed some of us to have left the party.
“He will have done certain things against the fight against corruption and the government, but I think he didn’t do a number of those things and a few of the people who were close to him, gave him the impression that all was good.”
He said since President Buhari came into power, he failed to take charge of the growth of the party.
The former vice president expressed optimism of defeating President Buhari in 2019 saying he has lost a lot of goodwill.
Atiku versus Buhari: Who will win? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy
- When will our words match our actions
- Respect local content act on your Egina FPSO, IYC warns Total
- Retired SARS Boss Shoots Self Dead In His House
- S*x-For-Mark: OAU Lecturer Gets Indefinite Suspension
- Falana Reacts To Senator Omo-Agege Saga: "No Legislative House Can Suspend Member"
- Buhari’s nominee remanded in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- I'm Happy, My Twins Are Okay; says Otun Olubadan
- APC In Fresh Crisis Over Tenure Extension
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- See The Things To Consider Before Mounting Your Flat screen TV
- How Thugs Invaded Senate, Took Away Mace (DETAILS)
- Here's Senate Official Reaction To The Invasion & Stealing Of Mace
- I Can't Be Arrested, I Did Not Remove The Mace - Senator Omo-Agege
- Accident In Lagos As Truck Falls Off Berger Bridge, Lands On Two Cars
- Nigerian youth will find most uncomplimentary what Buhari says about them at Commonwealth Business Forum
- 55 Nigerians ‘stole N1, 354tr between 2006 and 2013’ — SERAP
- INEC reveals 7.9m PVCs yet to be collected
- FG orders probe of National Assembly invasion
- El Clasico transfer swap deal
- Mace Theft: Why Omo-Agege gets police VIP treatment instead of arrest
- Update on stolen Mace: Police arrest Omo-Agege over stolen Mace
- Atiku will shock Buhari in 2019, says associate
- 2019: Akiolu gives Buhari condition for Lagos votes
- Keyamo explains acceptance of Buhari’s appointment as Director of Strategic Communications
- Presidential race 2019: Dark cloud against Buhari thickens
- Deploy infrastructure in one year or lose licence , NCC threatens Infracos
- Tension in Senate as thugs following pro-Buhari senator snatch, run off with mace
- NASS orders IGP, Daura to bring back mace in 24hrs
- Lucky Boy Undergoes Surgery To Correct His Windswept Legs
- What To Do When You Are Afraid Of The Future
- Falae Visits Obasanjo, says Buhari has failed, we must come together to defeat failure
- Lagos Businesswoman, Maid, Houseboy Killed By Fire In Her House
- Lagos Court Sentenced Visa Applicant To 3 Years In Jail For Lying About Marital Status
- Boko Haram: No Amnesty For Mass Murderers
- Lecturer Suspended Over Female Student's S*x-For-Mark Allegation
- Are Nigerians Truly ‘Clamouring' For Buhari To Contest In 2019?
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As Women In Hijab Arrested By Police