The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Union Bank Plc are currently engaged in legal battle over the ownership of the Osborne property in Ikoyi.
Union Bank Plc, National Daily gathered, has appealed against the judgment forfeiting the Osborne apartment and building to the Federal Government.
The bank laid claim to the building following a mortgage agreement between itself and Tripple A Properties Investment Ltd. Tripple A Ltd is believed to be owned by former PDP National Chairman and Bauchi State Governor Alhaji Adamu Muazu.
The property according to the bank was collateral for a loan granted to Tripple A Ltd. The company had deposited the title deed to the property, and the bank had sold the building to Chobe Ventures Limited to liquidate the loan.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in its argument claimed that the funds used by Chobe Ventures Limited to purchase the property belong to the Federal Government.
Along with the cash recovered from the flat, were documents indicating the flat belonged to Chobe Ventures. Enquiries at the Corporate Affair Commission also revealed that directors to Chobe Ventures were Mrs Folashade Oke and Mr Ayodele Oke (Jnr).
The EFCC had on April 12 2017, stormed the apartment following a tip off and recovered N13 billion comprising $43.4 million, 27,800 and N23.2 million.
The flat in question was later discovered to be owned by Folashade Oke wife of the immediate past Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Ambassador Ayo Oke.
The DG was later suspended and then sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari acting on the recommendations of a committee headed by the Vice President to investigate the affair.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP
- Omawumi Describes Buhari As "Incompetent Old Man"
- PDP Says Female Appeal Court President Is Close To APC
- Police Officers’ Wives Rescued From Deadly Kidnappers
- PDP Headquarters Gives Tambuwal Sokoto Guber Ticket
- Nigerian Prince Weds 2 Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos)
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC
- Pastor Sleeping With Married Woman? 3 Corpses Found In His House (Photos)
- Dino Reacts To Shehu Sani Leaving APC At the Wrong Time
- More Troubles For Atiku From Igbo Leaders... Saraki intervenes
- Nnamdi Kanu Called Me, He Agreed To Work To Defeat Buhari - Fani-Kayode
- Polio Victim Who Just Finished NYSC Shares Touching Story
- Wife Cries Out As Her Husband Got Married To Another Lady
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Leads Praise & Worship In His Palace (Photos)
- Why APC Sen. Shehu Sani defects
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court