The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Union Bank Plc are currently engaged in legal battle over the ownership of the Osborne property in Ikoyi.
Union Bank Plc, National Daily gathered, has appealed against the judgment forfeiting the Osborne apartment and building to the Federal Government.
The bank laid claim to the building following a mortgage agreement between itself and Tripple A Properties Investment Ltd. Tripple A Ltd is believed to be owned by former PDP National Chairman and Bauchi State Governor Alhaji Adamu Muazu.
The property according to the bank was collateral for a loan granted to Tripple A Ltd. The company had deposited the title deed to the property, and the bank had sold the building to Chobe Ventures Limited to liquidate the loan.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in its argument claimed that the funds used by Chobe Ventures Limited to purchase the property belong to the Federal Government.
Along with the cash recovered from the flat, were documents indicating the flat belonged to Chobe Ventures. Enquiries at the Corporate Affair Commission also revealed that directors to Chobe Ventures were Mrs Folashade Oke and Mr Ayodele Oke (Jnr).
The EFCC had on April 12 2017, stormed the apartment following a tip off and recovered N13 billion comprising $43.4 million, 27,800 and N23.2 million.
The flat in question was later discovered to be owned by Folashade Oke wife of the immediate past Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Ambassador Ayo Oke.
The DG was later suspended and then sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari acting on the recommendations of a committee headed by the Vice President to investigate the affair.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Inmates awaiting trial congest prisons
- Globacom, Teleology Holdings lead in acquisition of 9mobile
- Oando faults SEC over forensic audit
- APC federal lawmaker backs Fayose against Buhari, NGF
- ECWA exposes plot by FG, states to cripple Christianity in northern Nigeria
- Paris Club Refund: 9 states yet to benefit
- 90% of cooking gas cylinders are obsolete, says NLPGI
- FG begs PENGASSAN to shelve strike
- How Successes In Agric Is Diversifying Nigeria's Economy, by VP Osinbajo
- 4 Easy Ways to Improve Your Posture
- David Mark Denies Receiving, Sharing N2bn Campaign Fund
- Face of Lagos Lady, A Lawyer, Arrested For Assaulting Housemaid
- This Beautiful Nigerian Woman Is Missing
- SO SAD! Burial Poster of Daughter & Mother Who Died While Travelling To Prepare For Her Wedding
- Buhari Receives 75th Birthday Card from VP Osinbajo, APC Governors (Photos)
- Family Fight Dirty Over Late Female Bank Manager’s Wealth... abandon her corpse
- Robbers Attack NLC Chairman’s House, Abduct His Wife
- Why Many "Uneducated" People Are More Successful In Business
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Navy recovers 1330 jerry cans of PMS as oil thieves hideout raided
- Military retires 403 personnel
- How former Senate president came under probe
- Fulani herdsmen attack Urohi community, machete man in farm
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves up 42% year to date
- Atiku Opens Chicken Cottages Fast-Food In Abuja (Photos)
- Top 10 Richest Nigerians In 2017... and their Net Worth
- People Attacking Nigerian Pastors Are Misguided - Samklef
- God Has Not Revealed Anything About Atiku for 2019 – Fr. Mbaka
- Ogun State To Start Mass Sale of Ofada Rice (Photo)
- See Pump Action Rifles Destined For Nigeria Hidden In Sound Systems
- Ex-Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank (Photos)
- NUC Releases New Ranking of Best Nigerian Universities (Full List)
- Buhari Is Leading Nigeria To The Promised Land - Uzor Kalu
- Saraki, Senate, Move to Tackle Drug and Substance Abuse Across the Nation
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Gov. Yari blasts Fayose
- What FG has done to make governors clear salaries owed workers
- South West Rugby League rounds off on Saturday
- Soldier sentenced to death for killing civilians
- Obasanjo breaks records in NOUN