The EFCC said Fayose’s claim that Falana was one of many highly placed Nigerians who, allegedly, were compensated by the EFCC and Ibrahim Magu with properties retrieved from corrupt government officials, was meant to impugn the integrity of the agency and its chairman.
“This is most irresponsible allegation, coming from a governor of a state.
“Will Fayose, in good conscience, be able to name the “’Nigerians’ that the EFCC and Magu supposedly ‘dashed seized properties to curry their favours’?
“The EFCC does not need to ingratiate discerning Nigerians to win their support. The commission’s record and the uncommon commitment of Magu to the fight against corruption is the reason why patriots like Falana would openly identify with the commission.
“Magu and the EFCC did not give out any property, being suspected proceeds of crime, to anybody.
“The commission never received any property from Abdulrasheed Maina and could not be compensating people with what does not exist.
“If Fayose has evidence to the contrary, he is at liberty to call another world press conference to expose all the prominent Nigerians.
“Otherwise, he should face the task of governing Ekiti and the challenge of accounting for his stewardship as his tenure hits the homestretch,” the statement said.
NAIJ.com earlier reported how Ibrahim Magu, on Monday, November 27, said the fight against corruption is the pathway to escape from poverty in Nigeria.
Magu declared that corruption has made Nigeria a laughing stock among committee of nations saying that the fight against corruption is the part way to escape from poverty in the country.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari should apologise to Atiku – Sen. Shehu Sani
- Search of Atiku, an attack on Opposition – Peter Obi
- CBN, NDIC monitor investigation of Skye Bank directors
- 2019: INEC in dilemma over security risk in North East
- 2019: Human Rights Community sensitizes voters against vote buying
- 2019: How APC plot to hinder Atiku from moving funds – PDP
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech
- Am fighting for state police – Osinbajo
- How N5m gift from a Facebook ‘Good Samaritan’ took me to jail
- 4 reasons women prefer these pot-belly-men to regular 6-pack-men
- Nigeria’s greatest problem is corruption, not restructuring- Osinbajo