'Buhari Aware of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him, He Didn't Listen' — HoS Reveals in Leaked Memo
She however said she warned the President against it.
Oyo-Ita said that her warning was based on the implications such reinstatement would have on the anti-corruption war of the Federal Government.
The HoS stated this in her memo to the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr. Abba Kyari.
The memo, with reference number HSCSF/HCSF/LU/COR/FCSC/750/T, was dated October 23, 2017.
The memo, titled, “Re: Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina,” was received in the office of the Chief of Staff to the President on October 23.
A copy of the memo was sighted by our source in Abuja on Monday.
The President had directed the HoS to investigate the circumstances that surrounded the return of Maina to the civil service.
He gave the directive following the public outcry that trailed Maina’s reinstatement.
Maina, whose whereabouts is still unknown, has been accused of embezzling pensioners’ funds running into billions of naira and is currently under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Explaining further, the HoS said she met the President after the Federal Executive Council meeting of Wednesday, October 11, where she verbally warned Buhari against bringing Maina back to the service.
She, however, did not say what the response of the President was after briefing him.
Oyo-Ita said, “Please, note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCPC to Mr. A. A. Maina, nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA
“Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency, Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October, 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide-ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti-corruption stance of this administration.”
The letter partly read, “Further to your letter Ref. SH/COS/100/A/1570 dated 23rd October, 2017 on the above subject matter, I write to inform you of the circumstances leading to the irregular recall of Mr. Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina.
“I wrote to place on record the following facts as it permits to Mr. A. A. Maina who was dismissed from service on 21st February, 2013.
“The move to recall Mr. A. A. Maina was at the instance of a series of letters from the Attorney General of the Federation to the Federal Civil Service Commission requesting the commission to give consequential effect to the judgement that voided the warrant of arrest issued against Mr. A. A. Maina which formed the basis for the query and his eventual dismissal.
“The letters herewith attached as Annexes I-III are:
(a) Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/1 dated 19th January 2017,
(b) Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/ 2 dated 21st February 2017; and
(c)Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/1 dated 27th April 2017.
“The FCSC thereafter requested that the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation should advise the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior to consider the AGF’s letter and make appropriate recommendations to the commission and this was so communicated to the Ministry of Interior.
“The Ministry of Interior took the matter to the Senior Staff Committee of the ministry and recommended the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina into the service as Deputy Director.
“The OHCSF forwarded the recommendation to the FCSC which has the constitutional responsibility for appointments, promotion and discipline for further action.
“The FCSC in consideration of the letter from the AGF and the recommendations of the SSC of the Ministry of Interior consequently approved and conveyed the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina with effect from 21st February, 2013 vide letter herewith attached as Annex IV.
“(vi) The letter of reinstatement, as communicated to HCSF Ref. FC. 4029.82/Vol. III/179 dated 18th September, 2017 attached herewith as Annex IV, ostensibly also copied the Ministry of Interior which is the one erroneously used to document Mr. A. A. Maina on a claim that he has resumed work since 28th September, 2017. The Ministry of Interior informed the OHCSF of this development vide letter Ref. MI/1436/II/24 dated 16th October, 2017 from Ministry of Interior stating that Mr. A. A. Maina has resumed with effect from 28th September, 2017 is attached as Annex V.
“Please note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCSC to Mr. A. A. Maina nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA. Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency, Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October, 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide-ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti-corruption stance of this administration.
“However, I have requested the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, to provide any documentary evidence to support the claim of reinstatement and posting of Mr. A. A. Maina by OHCSF, since after his dismissal.
“The letter to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior is attached as Annex VI. The foregoing is accordingly submitted for your information and further consideration.
“Please accept the assurances of my best regards.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand
- Beware Of Six Factors That Ruin Marriages
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Meet In Aso Rock Over 2019
- Workers Running Out of Patience Over New Minimum Wage
- Shehu Sani Slams Governors Who Say They Can't Pay N30k
- My Vision For Better Nigeria Achievable - Buhari
- Married Female Banker Steals Customer’s N8Million In Abuja
- Why Atiku will not stay beyond 4 years as President- Aide
- Court orders Trump to restore press pass of CNN reporter
- Total National Division 1 dunks off November 27
- Volleyball: Nimrod attends FIVB Congress in Mexico
- FIFA approves Stephen Okechukwu Keshi Stadium, Asaba for Uganda friendly
- Rohr: Injuries, suspensions mean opportunities for others
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains
- Tope Alabi & Husband Celebrate Wedding Anniversary
- Comedian I Go Dye Writes Open Letter To President Buhari