'Buhari Aware of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him, He Didn't Listen' — HoS Reveals in Leaked Memo
She however said she warned the President against it.
Oyo-Ita said that her warning was based on the implications such reinstatement would have on the anti-corruption war of the Federal Government.
The HoS stated this in her memo to the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr. Abba Kyari.
The memo, with reference number HSCSF/HCSF/LU/COR/FCSC/750/T, was dated October 23, 2017.
The memo, titled, “Re: Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina,” was received in the office of the Chief of Staff to the President on October 23.
A copy of the memo was sighted by our source in Abuja on Monday.
The President had directed the HoS to investigate the circumstances that surrounded the return of Maina to the civil service.
He gave the directive following the public outcry that trailed Maina’s reinstatement.
Maina, whose whereabouts is still unknown, has been accused of embezzling pensioners’ funds running into billions of naira and is currently under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Explaining further, the HoS said she met the President after the Federal Executive Council meeting of Wednesday, October 11, where she verbally warned Buhari against bringing Maina back to the service.
She, however, did not say what the response of the President was after briefing him.
Oyo-Ita said, “Please, note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCPC to Mr. A. A. Maina, nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA
“Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency, Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October, 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide-ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti-corruption stance of this administration.”
The letter partly read, “Further to your letter Ref. SH/COS/100/A/1570 dated 23rd October, 2017 on the above subject matter, I write to inform you of the circumstances leading to the irregular recall of Mr. Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina.
“I wrote to place on record the following facts as it permits to Mr. A. A. Maina who was dismissed from service on 21st February, 2013.
“The move to recall Mr. A. A. Maina was at the instance of a series of letters from the Attorney General of the Federation to the Federal Civil Service Commission requesting the commission to give consequential effect to the judgement that voided the warrant of arrest issued against Mr. A. A. Maina which formed the basis for the query and his eventual dismissal.
“The letters herewith attached as Annexes I-III are:
(a) Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/1 dated 19th January 2017,
(b) Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/ 2 dated 21st February 2017; and
(c)Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/1 dated 27th April 2017.
“The FCSC thereafter requested that the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation should advise the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior to consider the AGF’s letter and make appropriate recommendations to the commission and this was so communicated to the Ministry of Interior.
“The Ministry of Interior took the matter to the Senior Staff Committee of the ministry and recommended the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina into the service as Deputy Director.
“The OHCSF forwarded the recommendation to the FCSC which has the constitutional responsibility for appointments, promotion and discipline for further action.
“The FCSC in consideration of the letter from the AGF and the recommendations of the SSC of the Ministry of Interior consequently approved and conveyed the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina with effect from 21st February, 2013 vide letter herewith attached as Annex IV.
“(vi) The letter of reinstatement, as communicated to HCSF Ref. FC. 4029.82/Vol. III/179 dated 18th September, 2017 attached herewith as Annex IV, ostensibly also copied the Ministry of Interior which is the one erroneously used to document Mr. A. A. Maina on a claim that he has resumed work since 28th September, 2017. The Ministry of Interior informed the OHCSF of this development vide letter Ref. MI/1436/II/24 dated 16th October, 2017 from Ministry of Interior stating that Mr. A. A. Maina has resumed with effect from 28th September, 2017 is attached as Annex V.
“Please note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCSC to Mr. A. A. Maina nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA. Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency, Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October, 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide-ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti-corruption stance of this administration.
“However, I have requested the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, to provide any documentary evidence to support the claim of reinstatement and posting of Mr. A. A. Maina by OHCSF, since after his dismissal.
“The letter to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior is attached as Annex VI. The foregoing is accordingly submitted for your information and further consideration.
“Please accept the assurances of my best regards.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Skye Bank: Why shareholders may drag CBN to court
- PDP leaders bickers over venue of convention
- Oshiomhole takes another swipe at Saraki, Dogara
- Handsome Young Man Killed By Lagos Cultists for 'Dressing Well' ...mother cries to Ambode, Police
- Funny Pics Of Man Bathing Inside Flood That Covered His Home
- 12-Year-Old Girl, Two Others Shot As Violence Erupts In Osogbo
- First Class Graduates, Others Protest Against Chevron In Lagos Over Enslavement
- Why I've Not Agreed To Work For PDP's Adeleke - Omisore
- Busquet to negotiate improved Barca deal
- Strong Man Lifts His Fiancee In Loved Up Pre-Wedding Photos
- Ambode Already Has Governorship Ticket Of Another Party?
- Oshiomhole Talks Tough: Saraki, Dogara Are Mistakes, We'll Deal With Their Types
- Your SAN Rank Can Be Withdrawn - CJN Warns As Top Lawyers Are Nabbed For Forgery
- PHOTO: Saraki, Senator Adeleke Meet Over Osun Rerun
- VP Osinbajo Visits Koton Karfe, Kogi, Inspects Areas Hit By Flood
- PDP Aspirants Opposed to PH Venue Are Enemies of Niger Delta - Gov Wike
- Gallant soldiers kill 7 Boko Haram terrorists, rescue 73 hostages
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Shehu Sani, Sule Lamido, Others Escapes Azman Air Disaster In Abuja
- PDP takes INEC to court, demands arrest of Osun returning officer
- APC Expels High-ranking House Of Reps Member
- Pretty Lady Celebrates Grandmother's 95th Birthday With Stylish Photoshoot
- Ambode Must Face Sanwo-Olu In Direct Primary - Lagos APC
- Jubilation As Notorious Kidnapper Is Captured By Police In Imo
- Tension In Osun As Security Allegedly Side APC, Arrest PDP Man Over PVC Allegation
- UNILAG Female Student Arrested For Stealing Money Through ATM Card (Photos)
- Armed Robbers Captured With Weapons & Charms By Police
- PDP Presidential Convention: Leaders Fight Over Rivers Venue
- Osun Rerun: "INEC Giving PVCs To APC Govt officials" - CUPP
- Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner - Ozekhome
- Flood Destroys Buhari's Spokesman, Garba Shehu's Farm
- Protest At INEC Office In Osun Over Inconclusive Election
- Osun Re-run: SDP's Omisore Lists Condition To Support PDP
- Analysts’ advice CBN to retain rates as MPC meets
- Ambode to challenge Tinubu’s anointed, others for APC ticket
- Ben Arfa to sue PSG
- Naira stabilizes at expense of declining external reserves
- David Luiz: Chelsea, too slow against Westham
- More Photos Of Saraki & Omisore After Their Meeting Today
- Footballer Impregnates 3 Ladies & All Give Birth Within 6 Weeks