'Buhari Aware of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him, He Didn't Listen' — HoS Reveals in Leaked Memo
She however said she warned the President against it.
Oyo-Ita said that her warning was based on the implications such reinstatement would have on the anti-corruption war of the Federal Government.
The HoS stated this in her memo to the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr. Abba Kyari.
The memo, with reference number HSCSF/HCSF/LU/COR/FCSC/750/T, was dated October 23, 2017.
The memo, titled, “Re: Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina,” was received in the office of the Chief of Staff to the President on October 23.
A copy of the memo was sighted by our source in Abuja on Monday.
The President had directed the HoS to investigate the circumstances that surrounded the return of Maina to the civil service.
He gave the directive following the public outcry that trailed Maina’s reinstatement.
Maina, whose whereabouts is still unknown, has been accused of embezzling pensioners’ funds running into billions of naira and is currently under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Explaining further, the HoS said she met the President after the Federal Executive Council meeting of Wednesday, October 11, where she verbally warned Buhari against bringing Maina back to the service.
She, however, did not say what the response of the President was after briefing him.
Oyo-Ita said, “Please, note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCPC to Mr. A. A. Maina, nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA
“Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency, Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October, 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide-ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti-corruption stance of this administration.”
The letter partly read, “Further to your letter Ref. SH/COS/100/A/1570 dated 23rd October, 2017 on the above subject matter, I write to inform you of the circumstances leading to the irregular recall of Mr. Abdulrasheed Abdullahi Maina.
“I wrote to place on record the following facts as it permits to Mr. A. A. Maina who was dismissed from service on 21st February, 2013.
“The move to recall Mr. A. A. Maina was at the instance of a series of letters from the Attorney General of the Federation to the Federal Civil Service Commission requesting the commission to give consequential effect to the judgement that voided the warrant of arrest issued against Mr. A. A. Maina which formed the basis for the query and his eventual dismissal.
“The letters herewith attached as Annexes I-III are:
(a) Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/1 dated 19th January 2017,
(b) Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/ 2 dated 21st February 2017; and
(c)Ref. HAGF/FFCSC/2017/VOL.1/1 dated 27th April 2017.
“The FCSC thereafter requested that the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation should advise the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior to consider the AGF’s letter and make appropriate recommendations to the commission and this was so communicated to the Ministry of Interior.
“The Ministry of Interior took the matter to the Senior Staff Committee of the ministry and recommended the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina into the service as Deputy Director.
“The OHCSF forwarded the recommendation to the FCSC which has the constitutional responsibility for appointments, promotion and discipline for further action.
“The FCSC in consideration of the letter from the AGF and the recommendations of the SSC of the Ministry of Interior consequently approved and conveyed the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina with effect from 21st February, 2013 vide letter herewith attached as Annex IV.
“(vi) The letter of reinstatement, as communicated to HCSF Ref. FC. 4029.82/Vol. III/179 dated 18th September, 2017 attached herewith as Annex IV, ostensibly also copied the Ministry of Interior which is the one erroneously used to document Mr. A. A. Maina on a claim that he has resumed work since 28th September, 2017. The Ministry of Interior informed the OHCSF of this development vide letter Ref. MI/1436/II/24 dated 16th October, 2017 from Ministry of Interior stating that Mr. A. A. Maina has resumed with effect from 28th September, 2017 is attached as Annex V.
“Please note that the OHCSF was never in agreement with the reinstatement and consequently never conveyed the approval of the FCSC to Mr. A. A. Maina nor approved his posting to the Ministry of Interior or any other MDA. Rather, I sought audience with His Excellency, Mr. President on Wednesday, 11th October, 2017 after the FEC meeting where I briefed His Excellency verbally on the wide-ranging implications of the reinstatement of Mr. A. A. Maina, especially the damaging impact on the anti-corruption stance of this administration.
“However, I have requested the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, to provide any documentary evidence to support the claim of reinstatement and posting of Mr. A. A. Maina by OHCSF, since after his dismissal.
“The letter to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior is attached as Annex VI. The foregoing is accordingly submitted for your information and further consideration.
“Please accept the assurances of my best regards.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Four SARS Officers Arrested For Kidnapping & Extorting N7Million From Bishop
- PDP Chairman Shot Dead In Lagos (Photo)
- Photos From Olu Jacobs Son's White Wedding
- UNILAG Female Student Declared Missing
- Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids & 5 Relatives In Boat Accident
- Drunk Man Ordered For 11 Plates Of Food Mistakenly
- “I Am Guilty As Charged" - Lagos Fake Medical Doctor Confesses
- APC Chairman Oshiomhole Visits R-APC Chairman At Night
- Popular Croatian President Painting Her Own House (Photos)
- LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Buys Daughter 2018 Range Rover
- Open letter to governor Godwin Obaseki
- Minister Escapes Death In Fatal Accident, Driver Burnt
- Rainy Season: Top 7 Tips On Staying Safe During A Flood
- "We Don't Want To Lose Saraki, Dogara, Others" - APC ready to meet their demands
- PDP chairman rates Atiku candidacy in opposition party
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Wins Osun PDP Governorship Ticket
- Dino Melaye Cries Out: "They Want To Kill Me"
- PDP Engages Top SAN To Lead Battle Against APC's Fayemi
- Good Man Drowns After Rescuing Pregnant Woman
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Upsetting R-APC Defection Plan?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports
- Woman Sets House On Fire Because She Was Not Invited To A Party
- This New Pocket-sized Drone Takes Selfie To A New Level
- Story of Nigerian Billionaire Who Owns 5 Airports In The UK
- Midnight Fire Razes Hundreds Of Shops In Jos Main Market
- Saraki Rejects Buhari's Plea? Summons Loyalist On Defection
- Nursing Mother and Her Kids Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone
- Gowon stirs Buhari anger as he suspects unwillingness of FG, Nigerian Army, other security agencies to curb killer herdsmen, Miyetti Allah
- Lagos gets FIBA nod as 2019 World Cup qualifiers host
- Enyimba’s July return to Aba shifted
- DIAMOND GOLDEN: Okagbare Manages 8 out of 8 spots
- NFF Dispute: In search of honour for our Otunba and Distinguished Senator
- Ronaldo ‘accepts’ two-year suspended prison sentence
- FF President appoints Obasi,Martins PS ,senior communication officer
- Buhari orders Dalung to resolve NFF crisis or resign
- I didn’t sign any petition against Warri Wolves —Etebo
- Dalung convoy involved in accident in Gombe
- 19-year-old man stabs 18-year-old girlfriend to death in Edo