Shittu said Ajimobi knows he (Shittu) was best qualified, in all ramifications, to continue to manage the state, while also noting that he had a longstanding relationship with Ajimobi, dating back to 2007.
The minister told Nigerian Tribune that although he was yet to formally discuss his governorship ambition with Ajimobi, but politicians across all the five zones of the state, as well as the entire All Progressives Congress (APC), structure in the state will queue, in large numbers, to support his ambition.
“Governor Ajimobi and I have been together since 2007 when I was Attorney General of the state. Recall that, that year, he contested for governorship on the platform of ANPP when we were in PDP and my governor was Senator Rashidi Ladoja.
“When the election was to come up, Governor Ladoja announced to the entire people of the state to give Ajimobi support and the people did. When the election was rigged, Governor Ladoja called on me as Attorney General to raise a legal team to pursue Ajimobi’s case at the tribunal.
“We spent about N25 million to pursue the case and for everyday that the case came up, I was physically part of the legal team led by Niyi Akintola. Even when we lost at the tribunal, I was present at the appeal. Unfortunately, he lost again. And we became friends. I can assure you that we remain friends. He will have no choice but to support me.
“I have not had the opportunity to formally discuss my ambition with the incumbent governor Abiola Ajimobi but the opportunity will come.
“I know he wants the best successor and he knows I am the one who has the requirements of being the servant of a greater Oyo state. I am convinced Governor Ajimobi will support me. He is a party person; he has done well in road development, only surpassed by General David Jemibewon. I don’t have any problem with him, he will support me.
“Today, as Minister of Communication, nobody in Oyo State has the experience I have in utilising ICT to develop the Oyo State economy to the extent that other countries are using the same ICT to develop the country. They know that with my level of exposure and Godliness that I will not steal their money. If you have someone who is ungodly, he will simply steal your state blind.
“You need the best, compassionate manager, most honest, experienced, educated manager to run the state so that what comes to Oyo state from federation account and our local resources are put to the best use in the service of our people,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Delta big boy 'Solo Pounds' nabbed for Yahoo, Armed Robbery in Ghana (Photos)
- Buhari: I've asked EFCC to account for every money recovered
- See How Woman Overpowered Thief Trying To Rob Her
- "My Wife's Money Demands Turned Me To Criminal" - Suspect Arrested In Lagos
- Popular Millionaire "Kills" Single Mother During S*x
- Buhari appoints fresh blood in CBN
- Buhari appoints new heads agencies, parastatals
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ladies Stop Turning Us Down, We Earn More Than Many Men Wearing Suit - Keke Driver
- Suspected Lagos Yahoo-Boy Arraigned, Remanded In Prison
- CAN meets Buhari, says APC turning hiding place for corrupt politicians
- Dollar Bribe: Oshiomhole Cries Out Over Moves To Nail Him
- How S*x Outside Marriage Is Exposing People To Demons
- Buhari Reacts: Igbo leaders’ endorsement of Atiku can't stand
- Beware Of Six Factors That Ruin Marriages
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Meet In Aso Rock Over 2019
- Workers Running Out of Patience Over New Minimum Wage
- Shehu Sani Slams Governors Who Say They Can't Pay N30k
- My Vision For Better Nigeria Achievable - Buhari
- Married Female Banker Steals Customer’s N8Million In Abuja
- Why Atiku will not stay beyond 4 years as President- Aide
- Court orders Trump to restore press pass of CNN reporter
- Total National Division 1 dunks off November 27
- Volleyball: Nimrod attends FIVB Congress in Mexico
- FIFA approves Stephen Okechukwu Keshi Stadium, Asaba for Uganda friendly
- Rohr: Injuries, suspensions mean opportunities for others
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains
- Tope Alabi & Husband Celebrate Wedding Anniversary
- Comedian I Go Dye Writes Open Letter To President Buhari