Former Nigeria international and former University of Indianapolis basketball player has been killed in a crash on I-65 early Friday morning, in Indianapolis
The deceased identified as 28 year old Omokhoje Daniel Daudu, was killed when a large part broke off the rear of a northbound semitractor-trailer and struck Daudu’s 2012 Buick LaCrosse as he was driving southbound around 5:30 a.m.
Preliminary reports indicated the semitractor-trailer had rolled over and was blocking the northbound lane. Troopers found Daudu seriously injured and unconscious. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The University of Indianapolis released a statement Friday about Daudu, who also went by Daniel.
“(We) mourn the loss of Daniel Daudu, who is a well-loved alumnus and former student-athlete,” the statement read. “During his time on campus, Daniel impacted our entire community.
Daniel will be remembered for his athleticism, sense of humor, generous smile and compassion for others. Our hearts and prayers go out to Daniel’s family, friends, UIndy basketball and the entire UIndy family.”
Before graduating in 2015 with a degree in marketing, Daudu averaged 5.2 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists for the Greyhounds’ basketball team during the 2012-13 season.
See photos below;
Latest Nigeria News
- Oil prices drop on US-China trade war
- N223m fraud: Senators tackle ex-SGF over innocence claim
- Tension as APC meets to ratify delegates’ list for convention
- I Left Nigeria Rich, Returned Miserable – Returnee
- Faces of men caught over attempted kidnap of female Customs Deputy Comptroller
- Lai Mohammed Says Buhari Is Transforming Nigeria
- Arrested One-Chance Robbers Hit Victim With Hammer; Say "we're surprised he died"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Prevent Leg Cramps During A Long Journey
- Female Soldier Who Escaped Attack On Her Wedding Day Dies In Fatal Accident (Photo)
- Notorious Sea Pirates Terrorizing Nigerians Finally Caught
- Lagos Landlord Slumps, Dies After Disagreement With Tenant
- Ex-PDP Chairman Makarfi battles Atiku for PDP presidential ticket
- Another Deadly Attack By Boko Haram; Over 30 Killed
- Dozens killed in fresh Boko Haram attack
- 2019: Makarfi to contest with Atiku, others for PDP presidential ticket
- Group warns of planned attacks on Agip oil facilities
- TCN gives reasons for epileptic power supply
- APC disqualifies 19 aspirants from convention
- APC in Rivers solidly behind Amaechi – Peterside
- Arrested “herdsmen” finger politicians as sponsors
- Nigerian Air Force bombs communities in Benue
- “Buhari’s govt is the most transparent”
- Happy Father's Day
- NewPDP Faces Tension Over Moves To Dump APC
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As SARS Operatives Nabbed In Lagos
- Fight Among APC Leaders, Governors Over National Convention
- How To Travel On A Budget and Still Have Fun
- Criminal Who Made Over N50m From Kidnapping Nabbed
- Customs Bust Top Smugglers, Seize N1.3bn Rice, Vehicles
- Peace Corps To Buhari: Order IGP To Unseal Our Office
- Only looters are against Buhari’s second term bid – Kalu
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Russia 2018 World Cup instructions restricting assistant referees
- I’m feeling good before WC opener —Etebo
- Africa representatives current form for the Russia 2018 world cup
- I am sure Super Eagles will pull through in Russia—Agali
- Key points from Argentina-Iceland game
- Man City guns for a Real Madrid player
- Is Toni Kross leaving Real Madrid