- The invitation is for him to answer questions following findings of a N6.5 billion unpaid revenue
- The invitation was to also assist in ejecting the concessionaire of the Trade Fair Complex, LITFC, AULIC Nigeria Limited
The Senate Ad-hoc committee on alleged fraudulent activities in collection, accounting, remittance and expenditure by revenue generating agencies has invited the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr Ibrahim Idris, to appear before it.
Senator Solomon Adeola, the committee’s chairman said in statement signed by his media adviser, Mr Kayode Odunaro, on Sunday, October 29, in Abuja that the invitation was after they found a N6.5 billion unpaid revenue accruing from the Lagos Trade Fair Complex.
Others invited to appear before the committee are: the Director Generals (DGs) of Directorate of State Security (DSS), Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE) and National Council on Privatisation (NCP).
Senator Adeola said they needed the police and DSS to assist the Federal Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE) in recovering the money, which had accrued for over nine years.
According to NAN, They also need their assistance in ejecting the concessionaire of the Trade Fair Complex, LITFC, AULIC Nigeria Limited and recovering the complex.
It was necessary to recover the 322 hectares multi billion Naira complex following a huge debt due in the N40 billion lease fees.
The DG of BPE, Mr Alex Okoh, said the concession agreement to AULIC Nigeria Limited was revoked in early September by the federal government.
However, all efforts to eject the concessionaire including the use of the divisional police at the complex and Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had failed.
Senator Adeola said: “After the initial fees of N200 million paid by the concessionaire in 2007 and another N12 million, it has not paid a dime to the federal government, with outstanding revenue of N6.5 billion.
“The concessionaire has bastardised the trade fair complex with hospitality and real estate businesses without approved plans.
“It is shocking that an individual or corporate organisation could operate so lawlessly, withholding federal government revenue, while contravening a government revocation order of his concessionaire agreement.
“What we need to do at this point is to recover the Trade Fair Complex from the concessionaire and subsequently pursue the issue of N6.5 billion unremitted federal government revenue.
“Since the local police cannot handle the ejection with the concessionaire still operating and collecting revenue using all manner of tactics including thuggery, we are inviting the IG-P and DG-DSS to address this illegal challenge on the authority.
“I am surprised that anyone can flagrantly operate as if he is above the law and the government."
Meanwhile, the Nigeria police has dismissed statement by Senator Isah Misau in the media alleging that the IGP Ibrahim Idris, bought two jeeps for the wife of the president, Aisha Buhari.
The force also faulted statement credited to the senator that the IGP manipulated his retirement age. Jimoh Moshood, the force public relations officer, force headquarters, in a statement made available to Onlinenigeria.com on Thursday, October 26, said the police had studied the allegations made by the senator and found them to be outright falsehood, misleading and unfounded.
Latest Nigeria News
- Female Corper Flogged Mercilessly By School Principal
- Shehu Sani Dumps APC... Gives Reasons
- Five-Star Jovic makes Bundesliga history
- Real Madrid striker denies involvement in alleged kidnapping attempt in Paris
- Klopp draws Anthony Joshua comparison in criticism of Nations League
- Court rejects Russian footballers’ appeal over attack
- Ghana withdraws from CAF competitions
- See How Buhari’s Poor Performance Is Elevating Atiku
- Ekweremadu May Dump PDP?
- Woman Cries Bitterly After Being Scammed By Yahoo Boy
- Saudi Arabia admits missing journalist died in Consulate
- N8.86bn debt: Bank battles late billionaire’s family
- Tenis star Sharapova confirms romance with Prince william
- Alexis Sanchez at Man Utd is a typical Torres at Chelsea – Carragher
- Copa del’ Rey decisive fixtures
- EFCC Keeps Mum On Gov. Ganduje Bribe Video
- Atiku Meets Yoruba Leaders Over Top Political Offices
- PDP Warns INEC Against Receiving Unauthorized Names
- Confusion over Travel Ban List as Presidency, Security differ
- NAFDAC Searching For Drugs Made From Human Flesh
- EFCC stacks allegation, evidence against Fayose in court
- 900 retirees die waiting for pension
- Ooni Reveals Why He Married A Prophetess (Photos)
- Fayose Charged With Fraud By EFCC, Moved To Lagos
- Delta State University Graduate Climbs A Mast After Running Mad (Photo)
- I Don’t Know Bola Tinubu’s Position In APC – Obasanjo
- Windscreens Cracked As Hailstones Rain Down On Cars From The Sky In Abuja
- Minimum Wage: Ngge Says Labour Can't Dictate To Govt.
- Police Drags Adeleke To Court, Says "We're Not Aware Of Kemi Adeosun Forgery"
- N2.1bn Case: Face Dasuki, Not I - Dokpesi Tells Court
- Amosun Dares APC, Insists On Handing Over To His Candidate
- See Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance In Jerusalem
- Photos Of VP Osinbajo Visiting Bayelsa Flood Victims
- Popular Actor Okon Lagos and His Beautiful Wife Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool